Warlord Glitch & Server Stability

Startyde

Hi all,

I'm trying to get closure on this long 13 year game and finally get the plat. 

I've looked into the Warlord glitch and per the guide, the steps are:

• Step 1: Have a friend host the lobby
  • Step 2: Join them and play a match
  • Step 3: In this match, exceed 1,500 XP
  • Step 4: When the match ends, add a Diamond to your classes
  • Step 5: Once the match starts, select the Diamond and de-rank.
  • Step 6: Have that friend capture all 3 points, then kill you.
  • Step 7: Rinse and repeat Steps 4-6 until you hit 0 XP.
  • Step 8: Quit the game via the XMB and rejoin said friend.
  • Step 9: Trophy earned.

However, it is also known that in 2021, every 4 or 5 matches, the online just kinda cuts out on you until the game is restarted.

How does one reconcile these two issues? If the host loses connection and the game has to be restarted, do you have to start at Step 3 again?

Hope Im making sense, and thanks!

Good luck with this, man. The stability of the servers is as appalling as ever and gets worse as time goes on.

A few years ago a friend and I completed the online mode of this game legitimately. It was a mess, stressful and exhausting. But we muddled through thanks to spending all our time talking on Discord. Our friendship was reinforced thanks to this terrible online mode, so we both have some affection for it.

I'd just restart the game every 4 matches rather than chancing the server issue and then trying to figure out how to get back on track. It's simpler that way.

Fastest way to restart is to enter the additional content > exclusive content option on the main menu (which should try and open a webpage or something if I recall but it fails and just reboots the game instead)

9 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Providing you follow the lobby cycling procedure as outlined in the Guide, you won't lose anything so can just carry on as normal.

Hi friend, can you clarify a bit? The lobby cycling indicates play 3 matches, back out, play 2 matches and then restart the game. I assume this would apply to the friend hosting, would anybody this affect my main account delevling? 

7 hours ago, jimbob12345678 said:

I'd just restart the game every 4 matches rather than chancing the server issue and then trying to figure out how to get back on track. It's simpler that way.

Fastest way to restart is to enter the additional content > exclusive content option on the main menu (which should try and open a webpage or something if I recall but it fails and just reboots the game instead)

When you say restart, do you mean the friend hosting restart every four matches, and my main delevling account just rejoin?

5 minutes ago, Startyde said:

Hi friend, can you clarify a bit? The lobby cycling indicates play 3 matches, back out, play 2 matches and then restart the game. I assume this would apply to the friend hosting, would anybody this affect my main account delevling? 

When you say restart, do you mean the friend hosting restart every four matches, and my main delevling account just rejoin?

Once the crucial first match is complete, lobby cycling has no affect on this exploit whatsoever.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Once the crucial first match is complete, lobby cycling has no affect on this exploit whatsoever.

Thank you so much my friend, this helps greatly.

One last question which I assume is obvious but I haven't tested: removing diamonds from classes doesn't reset the stats on the bandoliers etc right? I won't be able to finish all max weapons before Warlord because I can't use all diamonds and would be heartbroken if I lost weapon progress haha.

12 minutes ago, Startyde said:

One last question which I assume is obvious but I haven't tested: removing diamonds from classes doesn't reset the stats on the bandoliers etc right? I won't be able to finish all max weapons before Warlord because I can't use all diamonds and would be heartbroken if I lost weapon progress haha.

I can't answer that, because it has been years since I last played this game so any answer would be a guess at best.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Startyde said:

I'm actually not sure if everyone needs to restart or just the host. When I did it I self boosted using my two PS3's plus my dads console so I just restarted all 3 every time! :P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jimbob12345678 said:

I'm actually not sure if everyone needs to restart or just the host. When I did it I self boosted using my two PS3's plus my dads console so I just restarted all 3 every time! :P

I second this. I also self-boosted with 3 consoles and I got into a rhythm of restarting each console one-by-one. I wasn’t sure if it was necessary or just the console that was hosting the games needed to restart but to be safe I just did all 3. Takes a couple of minutes but it keeps your mind at ease knowing you’re not gonna lose any progress. I would recommend everybody restarting just to be safe 

18 hours ago, Startyde said:

I’m not 100% sure on this but I don’t think you lose progress on your kills/headshots/executions but I can’t stress this enough, I’m not 100% sure so don’t take my word for it!

• Like 2