Can i roll back the game version and still earn level 50 Trophy?

VELOCIOUS-VIPER

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Baka_Marimo said:

I'm pretty sure offline play wasn't an option in the initial version of GT Sport. It won't let you access most parts of the game or even save. Feel free to go ahead and try your luck though.

oh i see thanks for your reply

ill maybe try it out at a later time after i complete 322 races

• Like 1

On 24/10/2021 at 10:23 PM, VELOCIOUS-VIPER said:

as per the title, there were much quicker patched methods and i dont want to put so much time in

i understand it needs to be done without closing the game

if i do reach level 50 offline will the trophy still pop?

You definitely don't gain XP playing offline.

On 10/24/2021 at 11:23 PM, VELOCIOUS-VIPER said:

as per the title, there were much quicker patched methods and i dont want to put so much time in

i understand it needs to be done without closing the game

if i do reach level 50 offline will the trophy still pop?

Yes, but you'll have to do a lot of grinding for level 50. Near the end every level will be like 200k+ XP. The only big problem with this is that you can not save the game with an offline save file, thus if a power outage or a crash occurs you'll have to start from 0, and the sad thing is that in offline mode, the game has a very high chance of crashing after every race, because it will try to connect to the servers to save every time and all those triggers will eventually cause a crash...

On 11/7/2021 at 2:13 PM, fadingtrails said:

You definitely don't gain XP playing offline.

You definitely can. I had to do the offline reset trick to get the King of the Ovals trophy, because it glitched on my real save and after I finished my oval marathon I indeed got a lot of XP and did level up. It's true that yoi can't save your progress while offline, but you can gain XP and levels as well.

1 minute ago, AttilaThe13th said:

Yes, but you'll have to do a lot of grinding for level 50. Near the end every level will be like 200k+ XP. The only big problem with this is that you can not save the game with an offline save file, thus if a power outage or a crash occurs you'll have to start from 0, and the sad thing is that in offline mode, the game has a very high chance of crashing after every race, because it will try to connect to the servers to save every time and all those triggers will eventually cause a crash...

You definitely can. I had to do the offline reset trick to get the King of the Ovals trophy, because it glitched on my real save and after I finished my oval marathon I indeed got a lot of XP and did level up. It's true that yoi can't save your progress while offline, but you can gain XP and levels as well.

thanks for clarifying

i knew things would have to be done in one shot since there was no save im also certain that you can earn xp offline as well

i didnt know there was a high chance of crashing offline so that sucks, doing it legit seems like a better option now

currently at level 41 so not even halfway, ill calculate how much time it will take after i complete 322 races, ive already got the wins done

i might just do it legit and go about buying every single car since i already have a good chunk of them or i might never complete it lol

i hope gt7 has a more challenging list especially the campaign portion but less grindy

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, hore said:

I don't suppose anyone has a definitive answer for this yet? I'd be very interested in reverting the patch to v1.05 to do this glitch that supposedly gets you from 1 to 50 in 20-25h

Read my reply above. It's not really feasible, because the older versions can't connect online and thus can't save, and the game will attempt to connect online every chance it gets and eventually will crash out because of the many failed attempts.

It's up to you of course, if you want to try it, but if you're almost at level 50 and the game crashes on you, don't say you weren't warned. ?