Drax The Dimemberer glitched?

I have been at this for 3 hours straight. Getting everyone knocked down except Drax and he literally will not do the Triangle prompt for the life of me.

I tried on the first inquisitor. I’ve tried on the second. 
I’ve tried stunning him a thousand times. Am I missing something here?

I just got mine. I think the information out there might be a little bit off - I don't think its something that necessarily comes through stunning, i think it's like the Groot one with the chargers where its just a randomly occurring event. I tried letting my team die and just stunning him endlessly and it never came up even after hours. Then randomly Drax did a move where he stabbed both of its hands into the ground and the prompt came up which transitioned into this where he ripped off BOTH arms so i think you just really need to wait for him to stab them down. I posted a video of me getting it in case it helps because this trophy was a PAIN:

Edited by Terarded
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I’ve been doing this for about 90 mins different tactics and still not got it. Getting all other characters stunned, only using blasters, not using special moves. 

I’ll try the chapter 8 tip above and see if it happens there. 

Edit: got it in chapter 8. Still took three attempts but finally got it.

Edited by wolvieware

• 1 year later...

I'm still locked to this non-sense trophy. He won't do this. Even when I had Drax and Groot only available (Gamora went to chase Rakker and Rocket is hacking the platform). I tried like 15 to 20 times and it is always Groot who perform the action. I can safely say, I had like 50 encounter againsts while I had to press triangle and not a single one Drax was called. 0 over 50 attempts, this is clearly glitched.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/21/2024 at 9:12 AM, Shad30 said:

I'm still locked to this non-sense trophy. He won't do this. Even when I had Drax and Groot only available (Gamora went to chase Rakker and Rocket is hacking the platform). I tried like 15 to 20 times and it is always Groot who perform the action. I can safely say, I had like 50 encounter againsts while I had to press triangle and not a single one Drax was called. 0 over 50 attempts, this is clearly glitched.

Did you try using the Call to Action once you've gotten the Inquisitor down to their second HP bar?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll probably repeat information that was already mentioned, but after 4 hours of reloading checkpoints and fighting inquisitors Drax finally performed Call to Action correctly for me.

1. If you have stunned the inquisitor and the Call to Action button showed up, DON'T CLICK THE TRIANGLE BUTTON. It will always result in removing inquisitor's arm by Gamora or Groot, it will never be Drax.

2. Drax's movement has nothing in common with stunning, so there is no necessity to use charged blasts, environment's explosive barrels and so on (of course you still can, for example to decrease enemy's health).

3. Decrease inquistor's LAST health bar to 25-50%. It's probably the only time when Drax will try to grab both inquisitor's arms. Just wait for that...

4. Yup, BOTH arms. That's why you shouldn't use Gamora's or Groot's Call To Action. What's weird, Drax can still grab one, remaining arm and wait for you, but there will be no prompt with possibility to click the triangle button.

PS. As some people already said, probably gold inquisitor at the end of chapter 8 is the easiest way to do this - on your side you'll have only Groot and Drax.

• 3 weeks later...

I had trouble unlocking this yesterday but the following worked after 20+ minutes of grinding other methods:

• Shoot health down to the second bar using only your regular shots
  • Eventually, Drax will be prompted - if you see a prompt within the first health bar ignore it and carry on as it will likely be Groot's move
  • Consider increasing the damage you deal in the options to speed up the process

It might take a couple of tries, but this worked for me and others.

If everything else fails, it's another thing to try. Good luck and keep trying, folks!