Collectibles Delete When Quitting Out So Be Careful!

Chaos_Bladez

Just a word of warning. I have been playing this PS5 version for a few weeks now and it's pretty good. However, I noticed that sometimes my collectibles for the current level would reset to zero when I quit the game but only when I quit the level for the first time. My advice would be just to play each level without quitting and quit out only when starting a new level.

Edited by Chaos_Bladez
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, knoef_NL said:

Are you sure you are playing the PS5 version? Information seems incorrect.

Yes, I am sure! I just haven't updated my trophies quite yet. I got a PS5 press code a few weeks ago.

11 hours ago, TJsTrophies said:

I didn't experience this. Strange.

You are lucky. I quite out about halfway through the first level on the PS5 version and it lost all my crow skulls and the gramophone. I quite out halfway through the second level and it did the same thing. It only seems to reset the level's collectibles the first time you exit.

2 minutes ago, TJsTrophies said:

Well, good job each level is only 20-30 minutes long.

Yeah it's not much to replay so it's not a huge deal but it is worth looking out for, especially since some levels have things that inhibit you from backtracking.

Edited by Chaos_Bladez

45 minutes ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

Well good to know since I'll finish that version one day, too. It really sucks when games get re-released and have the same bugs.

This game was made by a single person and you expect a fix for a minor thing like "1/10 checkpoints don't save your collectibles"? I don't know if or what was updated from PS4>PS5, but I'm sure that there are major priorities.

Levels are not that long overall and they're fun to play (except the swamp level, I always hated swamp levels). I can't recall this incident on PS4 to be honest, but I didn't miss a lot of skulls when I played the first time. Those I missed were near the end of the level.

I wish "Ice Age: Scrat's Nutty Adventure" have a save and quit feature, those levels are long, boring and hideous to look at ?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

This game was made by a single person and you expect a fix for a minor thing like "1/10 checkpoints don't save your collectibles"? I don't know if or what was updated from PS4>PS5, but I'm sure that there are major priorities.

Levels are not that long overall and they're fun to play (except the swamp level, I always hated swamp levels). I can't recall this incident on PS4 to be honest, but I didn't miss a lot of skulls when I played the first time. Those I missed were near the end of the level.

I wish "Ice Age: Scrat's Nutty Adventure" have a save and quit feature, those levels are long, boring and hideous to look at 1f614.png

Very true. It is impressive that a single person mostly made this game. I hope my comment didn't seem like I was saying this was absolutely unacceptable or anything, even if it does suck to have the same bugs carry over. It's not a huge deal and, again, understandable given the team size, but still a little disappointing.

Edited by Chaos_Bladez