timestamps are off by a hour

melodicmizery

i sort of noticed this a few games ago and was a bit confused but didnt think anything of it. so i just earned another trophy and looked at on my ps3 before i synced it and its a hour behind on the psn network and on the site. generally speaking this kind of dont matter because nothing will overlap and not cause any errors. but i just earned a trophy at 1:13 my time and it says on my ps3 list i earned it at 12:13. and when i synced my profile it says the same thing on psnprofiles 12:13. maybe its done this the entire 12 years and i never noticed till now but does this happen to anyone else? anyone know why? im pretty sure my region and everything is correct. im using a american account in america.i just checked my ps3 time zone and its right

also can this be because of daylight savings? so the net time we have daylight savings it corrects itself? and then the time after that it is off a hour again?

Edited by melodicmizery

12 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

Unlike the Vita, PS4 and (I imagine) the PS5, the PS3 doesn't automatically adjust the time for daylight savings. That has to be done in the date and time settings yourself, so it's likely that's what's causing the discrepancy.

im reading forums on other pages of people having the same problem with no solution. the display clock on my ps3 is the correct time. im reading something about a internal clock doing this. does this happen to everyone?

there is a option in the settings that says daylight savings and i have it set to standard. could that be the case? the other option is to set it to daylight saving. i have a easy trophy i can earn but if i fix it then itll pop the new trophy a hour earlier then the previous trophy. so ill have to wait another hour before i can test it so my time stamps arent whack

i also have the "Set automatically" to off. because everytime it sets it itself it makes the visual clock off by 3 hours as if im on the west coast when im on the east

also not that this matters to much, but if psn is reporting the wrong time by a hour. i could be beating people on the leaderboards of who finished a game first. not that i care about that but other people do. what if i finish a game first and beat someone by a hour because psn is wrong lol

ok, just checked my ps4 trophies on ps4 for the same trophy. and in my ps4 trophy list it shows the correct time. but on ps3 and psnprofiles its a hour off. weird

Edited by melodicmizery

8 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

im reading forums on other pages of people having the same problem with no solution. the display clock on my ps3 is the correct time. im reading something about a internal clock doing this. does this happen to everyone?

there is a option in the settings that says daylight savings and i have it set to standard. could that be the case? the other option is to set it to daylight saving. i have a easy trophy i can earn but if i fix it then itll pop the new trophy a hour earlier then the previous trophy. so ill have to wait another hour before i can test it so my time stamps arent whack

i also have the "Set automatically" to off. because everytime it sets it itself it makes the visual clock off by 3 hours as if im on the west coast when im on the east

also not that this matters to much, but if psn is reporting the wrong time by a hour. i could be beating people on the leaderboards of who finished a game first. not that i care about that but other people do. what if i finish a game first and beat someone by a hour because psn is wrong lol

Daylight savings is basically summer time, with standard being winter. Not sure if the clocks have gone back to standard time in the US yet, but in the UK ours goes back at 2am on 31st Oct, so we're still on daylight savings for the next 20-ish hours here.

Edited by Stevieboy

7 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

Daylight savings is basically summer time, with standard being winter. Not sure if the clocks have gone back to standard time in the US yet, but in the UK ours goes back at 2am on 31st Oct, so we're still on daylight savings for the next 20-ish hours here.

ah ok i think your onto something. i just checked

Daylight saving time 2021 in Ohio began at 2:00 AM on
SundayMarch 14

and ends at 2:00 AM on
Sunday, November 7

so roughly 7 days it will change again here. so i'll see if it corrects itself after nov 7th as a expirement. 

so i think sony may be using another country as the standard for daylight savings for everyone maybe
Edited by melodicmizery