Skyrim's PS3 Installation Size

TranceVance

When Skyrim comes out on the PS3 this coming Friday, gamers who will pick up the game must save a huge chunk of hard drive space as the game will require a mandatory installation.

Before anyone can play Skyrim on their PS3, a size of 5.5GB will be required. If you’re one of those people that are still stuck on the small 60GB hard drive, I recommend upgrading it as Skyrim will not the only game this year that will require a huge amount of HDD data.

This might not seem like a large installation, but compared to the PC and 360's installation, it's quite large. The PC requires about 6GB and a leaked image showed that the 360 required a 3.8GB installation. Just shows how much Bethesda took advantage of the Blu-Ray capacity. With their past attitude towards PS3, I shouldn't have got my hopes up for a small installation size.

Edit: I have 4.9 GB left on my PS3...

1252274980358_f.jpg

Not actually that big compare to some games, i mean i cant remember off the top of my head but some older games have around 5GB installations, plus they are not nearly as big as Skyrim

I still havent deceided which platform im getting this for though :(

Not actually that big compare to some games, i mean i cant remember off the top of my head but some older games have around 5GB installations, plus they are not nearly as big as Skyrim

I still havent deceided which platform im getting this for though :(

Yeah it's not that big, both Fallout 3 and Oblivion had bigger installation sizes and so do most of my other games.

Although I too have a 60gb Fatty, I'm not concerned. All I'll do, as I have got used to doing, is deleting a few games to find the space. Cheaper to delete some games and re-install when I want to play than buying a new console. Right now, I am sitting at approx. 20gb free space, and I can easily add another 10-20gb or so by simply deleting a few things.

Although I too have a 60gb Fatty, I'm not concerned. All I'll do, as I have got used to doing, is deleting a few games to find the space. Cheaper to delete some games and re-install when I want to play than buying a new console. Right now, I am sitting at approx. 20gb free space, and I can easily add another 10-20gb or so by simply deleting a few things.

Why not just replace the Harddisk :P

I need to get my butt in gear and work on getting this game pre-ordered still... I had it before but then I moved and then moved again. So I just got situated and need to put my pre-order back down. I'm really excited to see how this will compare to Oblivion and Morrowind. Here's hoping there won't be too many glitches!

But, the good thing is I have 76GB left on my PS3 so download should be easy. ^^