Save data corruption.

On 19/11/2021 at 9:35 PM, ddcso said:

Dont work, its only synchro save :(

You can turn synchronised saves on and off for each game in the settings. They all on by default. 

The "unable to load" a game save is a known issue by the developers. For those on PS5 and I am assuming PS4 I would wait until the patch is deployed. I was about 8 hours in when it happened on PS5. On Twitter the devs had this to say "The porting team is working on it as a top priority. Not sure about status of the saves being recoverable at the moment."

• Like 2

On 11/21/2021 at 3:03 AM, Salt_AU said:

You can turn synchronised saves on and off for each game in the settings. They all on by default. 

The "unable to load" a game save is a known issue by the developers. For those on PS5 and I am assuming PS4 I would wait until the patch is deployed. I was about 8 hours in when it happened on PS5. On Twitter the devs had this to say "The porting team is working on it as a top priority. Not sure about status of the saves being recoverable at the moment."

Was planning on buying this, this week. Appreciate the info on the Devs awareness, I'll hold off my purchase until a fix is rolled on.

• Like 1

Hope I don’t jinx it but 12 hours in and no problems on PS5 version. I don’t know if it matters but just to be on the safe side I have been waiting until a run ended, was back at the main camp, quit to main menu, then closed app. The save is synced or in the cloud, not sure, but I hope I don’t have to test it. Hate not being able to backup a save on USB-that always offered an extra layer of protection on PS4. Part of me doesn’t want to risk it and just wait for the patch but it’s too fun.

I’m loving this game and it’s addicting. It reminds me of when I played Hades and couldn’t stop. Just get a little further, a little stronger each run. Last Stand: Aftermath is all I hoped it to be and more. Here’s hoping to a speedy patch rollout.

• Like 1

Sorry for the double post but just wanted to relay some info from the developer’s Twitter from yesterday:

“Aftermath Console players: Update for you!

The porting team have found what seems to be the cause of the save/load bug.

On PS4, PS5 and Xbox Series, it seems to be caused by purchasing the "Gear Insurance" in game from the Supply Depot.

The good news is, it's a loading issue and it's likely that your saves are recoverable.

We will keep you updated on progress as the porting team puts fixes in place and submits the patch for approval.”

They said it might not be the only issue causing it but it looks like it is then someone mentioned they’ve been playing over 20 hours on a new save slot without ever buying Gear Insurance and saving on the road (not the safe house) and it’s been fine. Also, if you’re looking to start a new save that won’t be glitched, you need to delete all save slots and start fresh. Keeping a save slot that won’t load then starting a new will cause the new save slots to have the same issue.

12/4 Dev Twitter update:

“The porting team has completed the patch and we are due to start the approval process with Sony / Microsoft tomorrow. 

Your saves will be recovered once the patch is approved and distributed.”

Edited by NMErickson
New developments
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been playing through the game for a little while now after seeing that Twitter post. I’ve never bought gear insurance and have had no problems. I’m hoping this patch they bring out will fix a few of the trophies that aren’t unlocking either.

Edited by Gladiator995

43 minutes ago, Gladiator995 said:

I’ve been playing through the game for a little while now after seeing that Twitter post. I’ve never bought gear insurance and have had no problems. I’m hoping this patch they bring out will fix a few of the trophies that aren’t unlocking either.

Yes, hopefully. The good news is it’s a known issue so hopefully the first patch. If not, second. Known issues

• 2 weeks later...