The Mind of Madness Questline

acidp4rn

Hey there. Anyone else having issue leaving Pelagius Wing after completing this quest? I can't leave to Blue Palace in Solitude because application on PS5 keeps crashing after I leave through the door and there is nothing I can do. I reloaded many times and every time it keeps crashing. I tried to do this quest once more after this new patch but it still keeps crashing. Anyone else having this issue? Maybe there is a possible fix?

edit:
So I started messing around with the door before doing this quest and this is what I found. I don't know if that glitch was always there but I'm assuming this is crashing the app after doing this quest? But before doing that even with the broken textures you can still use the door.

Edited by acidp4rn
  • Like 1

Confirmed. The game crashes whenever I try to leave the room to re-enter the Blue Palace. Currently, the only way to complete this platinum would be to save this quest as the very last thing you do. Or you could complete the Daedric quests on one save, then move on to the rest of the game. I'll complete the other Daedric quests today on one of my saves to see if I can pop Oblivion Walker after getting Wabbajack.

Don't make any saves while doing the Mind of Madness, especially if you only have 1 primary save (I recommend having several), or you'll be forever trapped in that room after the quest.

Edited by bigrake1

1 hour ago, bigrake1 said:

Confirmed. The game crashes whenever I try to leave the room to re-enter the Blue Palace. Currently, the only way to complete this platinum would be to save this quest as the very last thing you do. Or you could complete the Daedric quests on one save, then move on to the rest of the game. I'll complete the other Daedric quests today on one of my saves to see if I can pop Oblivion Walker after getting Wabbajack.

Don't make any saves while doing the Mind of Madness, especially if you only have 1 primary save (I recommend having several), or you'll be forever trapped in that room after the quest.

yeah, that is what im doing right now. collecting other deadric artifacts and saving wabbajack for the last one. let's see what happens. 

Hey I’m also getting this glitch as well but now I’m doing the quest where Iv to go the dragon grave and fight it, Iv done it 3 times now. The dragon is real easy to kill but I won’t absorbe it’s soul  and I can’t talk to the npc even throw it says that’s what Iv to do next, anyone else getting this. 

17 hours ago, necro1983 said:

Ran into the bug today, a fix I've found work for other people is once you reach the end of the quest, before you get teleported back, open the quest log and I think it was press Square to show the quest location on the map which gets you to the map screen and allows you to fast travel. Fast travel to the Blue Palace and the quest should complete and avoid the crash of exiting the Pelagius Wing. 

Worked !! Thank you man. :D

• Like 1

On 24/11/2021 at 8:53 PM, necro1983 said:

Ran into the bug today, a fix I've found work for other people is once you reach the end of the quest, before you get teleported back, open the quest log and I think it was press Square to show the quest location on the map which gets you to the map screen and allows you to fast travel. Fast travel to the Blue Palace and the quest should complete and avoid the crash of exiting the Pelagius Wing. 

nice, wish i knew this sooner. im still in the middle of collecting all of the artifacts and i realized you can get two of them during "ill met by moonlight" so maybe i wont have to do the pelagius one since i collected two from this one quest.

• Like 1

Good job i came across this thread was about to do this quest so made a save just incase, and went then went ahead to try and complete it and sure enough the doors still fucked and still keeps crashes the game.

Will have to leave this quest till last.

EDIT: Tried the fix from above works like a charm. Just be aware that even tho the quest completes this way you'll still get teleported back to the wing. However the door will no longer be glitched.

Edited by KAdamsy1
  • Like 2