Best JRPG first trophy?

ayneru_

I'm looking to make a new account and will mainly play JRPGs on it, so I would love to have my first trophy as a JRPG that has an interesting first trophy name and icon. Some games I'm interested in: Ys VIII/IX, Trails of Cold Steel I-IV, Tales of Arise, Atelier Ryza, FFVII Remake, and Persona 5 Royal. Do any of these games have noteworthy first trophies? Please let me know, also would be down to listen to your suggestions that are not on this list.

I think of the bunch Ys VIII has a good first trophy title that would be nice for a new account.  It's New Adventure.  Problem is, most Falcom games have rather generic trophy icons.  But Ys VIII's first trophy title is definitely the best of the series.  My first trophy and plat are from Ys Memories of Celceta, so I definitely support the choice of an Ys game for a milestone.  The Trails of Cold Steel games have meh trophy titles for their first ones and honestly it would look weird if you played any but the first one first.  Tales of and Atelier games also tend to have kind of generic trophy icons too.

A few good ones with appropriate names and less generic icons are as follows:

2S297782.pngChildren of Morta - It Has Begun 

2S4533b7.png Nier - The Book of Legend (it's remake should have a similar trophy set if you prefer that over the original)

2Se027dd.png Asdivine Dios - First Step

Honestly, I'd pick Children of Morta from the bunch.  While not strictly a JRPG, it is still very like one and I think you'd like it.  It's a roguelike that plays far more like an action RPG and has gorgeous retro style pixel graphics.  It's about a 20 hour plat and very fun.  NIer would be a great choice that most would respect, but the title isn't quite as good.  Asdivine Dios is a meh choice for a milestone, but the icon and trophy title are good picks.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

I think of the bunch Ys VIII has a good first trophy title that would be nice for a new account.  It's New Adventure.  Problem is, most Falcom games have rather generic trophy icons.  But Ys VIII's first trophy title is definitely the best of the series.  My first trophy and plat are from Ys Memories of Celceta, so I definitely support the choice of an Ys game for a milestone.  The Trails of Cold Steel games have meh trophy titles for their first ones and honestly it would look weird if you played any but the first one first.  Tales of and Atelier games also tend to have kind of generic trophy icons too.

A few good ones with appropriate names and less generic icons are as follows:

2S297782.pngChildren of Morta - It Has Begun 

2S4533b7.png Nier - The Book of Legend (it's remake should have a similar trophy set if you prefer that over the original)

2Se027dd.png Asdivine Dios - First Step

Honestly, I'd pick Children of Morta from the bunch.  While not strictly a JRPG, it is still very like one and I think you'd like it.  It's a roguelike that plays far more like an action RPG and has gorgeous retro style pixel graphics.  It's about a 20 hour plat and very fun.  NIer would be a great choice that most would respect, but the title isn't quite as good.  Asdivine Dios is a meh choice for a milestone, but the icon and trophy title are good picks.

Thanks for the recommendations. Initially, I was going to pick Tales of Arise to be my first trophy, but the trophy isn't really that good and doesn't have any traits that a good first trophy has. I would've went for the Ys VIII trophy instead, but as you mentioned, they all have generic trophy icons. I really like the icon on the Children of Morta's first trophy, but I'm going to stick with games that have been on my list for this. The NieR trophy icon looks nice. Though the trophy title could be better for a first trophy, it's still fitting and I really enjoyed NieR Automata. I'm looking to play NieR Replicant anyways, so it might just be my pick :)

The Final Fantasy VII Remake first trophies would likely be either:

20L7f731b.png Warming Up

...or, if you managed to pull off a stagger in the first fight:

23Lb54f68.png Staggering Start

...both of which seem rather appropriate opening gambits to a profile! ?

12 hours ago, ayneru_ said:

Thanks for the recommendations. Initially, I was going to pick Tales of Arise to be my first trophy, but the trophy isn't really that good and doesn't have any traits that a good first trophy has. I would've went for the Ys VIII trophy instead, but as you mentioned, they all have generic trophy icons. I really like the icon on the Children of Morta's first trophy, but I'm going to stick with games that have been on my list for this. The NieR trophy icon looks nice. Though the trophy title could be better for a first trophy, it's still fitting and I really enjoyed NieR Automata. I'm looking to play NieR Replicant anyways, so it might just be my pick :)

NIer's a solid pick and Replicant's got the same trophy list, but higher rarity for the plat and the icon is a bit brighter.  I think you'll enjoy it greatly and I felt it a good enough game to make its plat my 150th.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ys VIII/IX, Trails of Cold Steel I-IV, Tales of Arise, Atelier Ryza, FFVII Remake, and Persona 5 Royal.

Out of what you listed, Persona 5 Royal and Tales of Arise are my favourites and I would really recommend them. They are easy trophies, although P5R is extremely long, like minimum 140 hours. Arise is something like 40-60 hours depending on the difficulty you play and if you buy DLC. Good first time JRPG trophies as there's nothing hard, so you are almost guaranteed to get the plats. I'd go with Arise first as it's shorter. 

FFVII remake is a harder plat, as you need to do the mini games and the pull up one is really hard, also you have to clear the game on hard mode so for a first JRPG trophy, not exactly the easiest and you might get frustrated with it.

I've only ever played Atelier sophie which was an easy 30 hour plat, and Ryza looks similar as well. I didn't really get into the whole alchemy thing, but if you like that stuff then it looks an an easy plat from the guide and short too. 

I don't know about Ys or Trails, other than that they are long. 

Other suggestions are Scarlet nexus (60 hours, 2 playthroughs), Nier automata (30+ hours, you can buy the trophies with in game currency so anyone can get this one), nier replicant (needs 4 playthroughs, 70 hours), neo the world ends with you (very grindy, 80 hours), Tales of Berseria (90 hours) and Vesperia (120+ hours, 2 and half playthroughs, I did 3) if you don't mind grindy plats.