Should I play GT Sport or wait for GT7?

Cellcrash1991

Should I play GT Sport or wait for GT7?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Should I play GT Sport or wait for GT7?

• Play GT Sport
    • Wait for GT7

I platted Gran Turismo 6 yesterday and I have Gran Turismo 7 pre-ordered, which is being released in March '22. 

I can pick up GT Sport for approx. €10 ($11 / £8.5), which I think is a great deal. 

However, if I play it I wanna give it a go to earn the platinum trophy and after looking at a few guides saying it's a 9/10 maybe I should skip this one and simply wait for GT7 at this point.
I don't have a wheel so I have to do everything with a controller, which makes the platinum a little bit harder to get, I think, since it's an online-based game. 

So, to the people that have played this game and maybe have earned platinum themselves: should I give GT Sport a go, or should I wait for GT7?

The game isn't really a 9/10. It's incredibly grindy sure, but the online wins aren't really that bad once you know what you're doing. The weekly events reset every monday, so if you spend 3 hours or so setting a a good qualifying time you should get wins easier, as most others online won't spend that much time qualifying, they'll just go straight into the race. Online wins get harder as the week goes on.

If takes some dedication (I'm nearly there myself), but realistically it's more like a 6 or 7 in difficulty for the slightly above average racing gamer. I'd say go for it, but be ready for a time sink!

• Like 1

It depends.  If you feel you're good enough to compete online,  go for it.  If not, wait for GT7.  It's definitely a 9/10, if you're not good online.   I personally think the difficulty is a 5/10.  It's a grind, though,  at least a 150-200 hour platinum.  As far as online races go, go for an event on a track you're really good at, and go got the a and b events.   Races are shorter there.  Personally I'd try it because the game may be fun.  

Edited by grimydawg___

Take your skills into account, becuase matchmaking for an average player and for a good player are two different places. If you good, you have to be much better for a pole time, and even if manage, there still possibility being stuck at next tire midfield. 

Content wise, personally think it is not worth it.

If you're worried about earning the platinum, I wouldn't go for it.
Online wins aren't too bad, but you need a lot of them. In my experience, the real problem is the trophy for getting 65 pole positions since I find that there is 99% of the time always someone faster than me. You can win a race from 2nd or 3rd position, but getting pole is a matter of luck (who you're matched up against)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2021 at 8:46 PM, Incognito_D said:

If you're worried about earning the platinum, I wouldn't go for it.
Online wins aren't too bad, but you need a lot of them. In my experience, the real problem is the trophy for getting 65 pole positions since I find that there is 99% of the time always someone faster than me. You can win a race from 2nd or 3rd position, but getting pole is a matter of luck (who you're matched up against)

Maybe this is depending on the player, but I find getting poles far easier than wins, because to win you need to maintain first place for most of the race if you want to have a chance at wining, because one small mistake can cost you the netire race, and most of the time there are players that bully you off the track and goodbye world... :(

But getting the poles is easy enough, if you grind your time as low and as good as you possibly can. You get in the pole, finish the race in whichever position and you get your poles count up.

Usually I load up a ghost from a top driver time and try to catch up with him, and most of the time I get in the global top 1000 in the beginning of the week and grind the poles all week long for 1-2 hours a day or more when I have the urge to play. With this strategy I managed to get 7 poles out  of 10 races/day.

I only started online like 3 weeks ago and have 32 poles already, compared to the abysmal 15 wins. Trust me, if you're going for the win, you need to be prepared for some god awful and toxic players who will do anything to kill you on the track. Most of my races were all like this, but got a few with decent and respectful racers with whom we had a really nice and challenging, but most importantly fun race. Now back to the poles, I could've gotten the poles trophy already, but in the beginning I didn't knew what I was doing and I was only messing around in the back of the pack, and like that am already in 132 matches, out of the 322 for the trophy.

The grind is slow, but I hope that I'll manage to get it by March. :) My only fear is the 91 wins, the other two are a piece of cake.

For anyone asking, I play with the DS4, automatic and TCS set to 0. Trust me, it's a night and  day difference and you'll get so much better lap times. It's a bit hard to get used to, yes, but it's worth the extra effort to master it. I know that switching to manual would be even better and faster....trust me, I tried, but just couldn't get into it, but automatic, with TCS can be 100% doable with the DS4. :)

• 2 weeks later...

for me personally the 91 wins was heavily dependent on the circuit for the given week. sticking to race A is your best bet, but i got 55 wins my first week and zero the next. some of them have absolutely absurd car/circuit pairings and the game has devolved into pure mayhem, especially if you're doctoring your DR. there will be plenty of times you'll be punted while you're just a mere corner from a victory. level 50 is also just insane. get your rubberbands ready. speaking of that, did anyone ever figure out how to afk with the kbow? i can only get it to work with the mclaren on bmb. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sport mode requires a lot of practice to get wins, but it is not impossible to get the 91 wins. I am currently at 38 wins after only starting to play the online 3 and a half weeks ago, earning my first GT Sport trophy on 1/12/2022. The enjoyment level might not what you are expecting though with the broken penalty system, and all of the bumping and ramming in the races. I don't know how much longer the servers will be up for GT Sport with GT 7 about to be released on March 4, 2022. I didn't want to miss out on adding this rare platinum trophy 0.97% to my collection, which is why I finally decided to start playing the game last month in January 2022.

Edited by x7251