Weapons tips

lucask001

A few tips for beginners: When it comes to weapons, it's hard to choose, but some are really much more effective than others.
In my opinion, here are the ones that need to be unlocked and improved from the start of the game:

1 / use melee weapons, they are much more efficient and powerful than firearms.
- Top priority = the Lance / spear. You will very quickly kill your enemies in one hit!
- Alternatively, if you're comfortable with the shield, the baton is fine.
- Finally the sumac serum is awesome! "Adopt": a Berserker and let him do the work for you, the game becomes almost too easy.

2 / Experimental weapons may seem like a gadget, but they are in fact essential and will make your job easier:
- Top priority: Invisibility. As well for quietly killing enemies as for escaping difficult situations or moving quietly through complicated rooms.
- The Temporal Rift will also be of great use when you have multiple enemies at the same time.

3 / The grenades are pretty bad and the firearms too except the Valkyrie, very powerful and silent.

In summary, you can roll over the game and end it with just Spear + Invisibility and / or Time Rift + Valkyrie. You add a Sumac Serum if needed and you're done.

• Like 2

The Peacekeeper knife is also a one hit kill on every enemy too i think, found it to be the best weapon as its quick and stops the enemy straight away. Same with the Valkyrie gun, two shots took down almost all enemies. Used those two weapons mostly.

Never used Invisibility, but used the Rage serum if alot of enemies about, with the knife/Valk you can get lots of kills in. Ivy serum was ok, but your buddies still die at the easiest things.

The screaming ghosty enemies were hardest to fight, but if you use your shield when they scream, you can then dash in when theyre dazed and melee them. Tried grappling them at first, but didnt always work.

Interesting because I've tried the knife but it was too long when you have several ennemies so I prefered the spear with which you can kill several ennemies with 1 hit :)

Ivy serum is great it has to be improved. At full development, the Berserker is very strong.

Yes, the screaming ghost are very painful...

• 3 weeks later...

Do you guys have any tips to get through the final section of engineering? I keep getting stuck in one of the last rooms of that story section. I’m looking for a certain someone’s body and there are like 2-3 engineers and 2-3 screamers that wreck me. I used 2 strength syrums and killed them all but then it seemed like more just kept spawning. Is this a section that has unlimited enemy spawns i have to just fight through?

17 hours ago, Slugger_VII said:

Do you guys have any tips to get through the final section of engineering? I keep getting stuck in one of the last rooms of that story section. I’m looking for a certain someone’s body and there are like 2-3 engineers and 2-3 screamers that wreck me. I used 2 strength syrums and killed them all but then it seemed like more just kept spawning. Is this a section that has unlimited enemy spawns i have to just fight through?

In fact, the easy way to pass this section is to have 3 invisibility and just pass trough the whole section without fighting !

You have to go t  the end of the gangway and take the elevator twice from what I remember and get back to the captain's office as quickly as possible. Once his body is scanned, there will be no more monsters in this section.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lucask001 said:

In fact, the easy way to pass this section is to have 3 invisibility and just pass trough the whole section without fighting !

You have to go t  the end of the gangway and take the elevator twice from what I remember and get back to the captain's office as quickly as possible. Once his body is scanned, there will be no more monsters in this section.

On 2021-12-21 at 5:32 PM, Slugger_VII said:

You actually really only should need one invisibility serum assuming it’s max upgraded. Gives you 20 seconds, so activate and rush to the first teleporter. Form there the spawning enemies are behind you so you really shouldn’t be bothered, but level 2 is pretty short to the next teleporter, and by then you’re basically at the room with the body. Enemies don’t follow you in there anyway. It should be possible to reach the room while maintaining invisibility, especially if you’ve got an epic teleport upgrade.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, diskdocx said:

You actually really only should need one invisibility serum assuming it’s max upgraded. Gives you 20 seconds, so activate and rush to the first teleporter. Form there the spawning enemies are behind you so you really shouldn’t be bothered, but level 2 is pretty short to the next teleporter, and by then you’re basically at the room with the body. Enemies don’t follow you in there anyway. It should be possible to reach the room while maintaining invisibility, especially if you’ve got an epic teleport upgrade.

This is exactly what I just did earlier tonight. I popped a max invisibility serum and just wandered on up with no issues. On another note, OP wasn’t joking about the strength of the staff. I ignored that for so long favoring ranged weapons and boy that was a mistake. The max upgraded staff one shots just about everything. It made the last few bits of the game extremely easy.

I’m almost done with my platinum now, I just need to max my character, find all epic gear, do the supply crates and have the berserkers rage kill other mutants. 

I’ve really enjoyed my time with this game and can’t wait to see what the studio does next

8 hours ago, Slugger_VII said:

This is exactly what I just did earlier tonight. I popped a max invisibility serum and just wandered on up with no issues. On another note, OP wasn’t joking about the strength of the staff. I ignored that for so long favoring ranged weapons and boy that was a mistake. The max upgraded staff one shots just about everything. It made the last few bits of the game extremely easy.

I’m almost done with my platinum now, I just need to max my character, find all epic gear, do the supply crates and have the berserkers rage kill other mutants. 

I’ve really enjoyed my time with this game and can’t wait to see what the studio does next

It was really a fantastic game. The PS5 Enhanced version is also a notable upgrade from the PS4, but both are fun (if you didn't know, you can get the PS5 upgrade free if you redeem the PS4 Plus freebie).

I'm working through the PS4 version, and may pick up the EU version (which is currently on sale).

Definitely one of the hidden Plus gems from the past year.

• 3 months later...

The most op item for me was the rage serum. It only costs 625 points with the max upgrade and does essentially what invisibility and melee does rolled into one item. It gives more than the staffs 12 hit limit and one shots most enemies. It’s good for running past enemies and fighting large groups of enemies since it lasts for 20 seconds and gives you buffed melee damage. And since it gives you invulnerability you won’t have to worry about mutants with guns or the “witches”. 

Having 5 or 6 of the rage serums turn the last deck and the ending section trivial. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Is this game Aim supported? If not, how about the DS4 controller, can that be used? Freaking HATE those horrendous move controllers so I hope it's not Move supported only.

You can play the entire game, platinum included, without VR and traditional controls. If you want to play in VR, yes it supports DS4. I don’t think it actually has any Move support at all. 

Edited by BestUsername----

52 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

You can play the entire game, platinum included, without VR

Nooooo way, VR is the way to go, always, lol! Listen, I've never played a "roguelike/lite" game before so am I likely to struggle?

26 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Nooooo way, VR is the way to go, always, lol! Listen, I've never played a "roguelike/lite" game before so am I likely to struggle?

Hmmm, this is your first? Are you likely to struggle? Yes. But this is one of those games in the genre where you can keep certain upgrades and items when you die. So you will always get better gear and eventually you’ll swing by early levels with ease. As I said here last year, there is an insanely OP item that you can use to brute force your way through the whole game.

The plat is around a medium 4/10. The miscellaneous trophies are annoying but nothing are platinum stoppers. However, this is my experience without VR so I don’t know how easier/difficult it would be in VR. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

you can keep certain upgrades and items when you die.

As soon as you re-print after dying (or whatever it's termed), or when you get to a weapons cache? Whichever the case may be, what upgrades do you keep?

12 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

there is an insanely OP item that you can use

The Rage serum. How many are you allowed to carry and are you able to replenish them if you run out?

8 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

As soon as you re-print after dying (or whatever it's termed), or when you get to a weapons cache? Whichever the case may be, what upgrades do you keep?

I forget which ones exactly. When you die and reprint, you keep money, stem cells, item/ability upgrades, collectables, and schematics. However items in your inventory like guns, melee weapons, and stat boosts are lost. When completing floors you also have the ability to travel to that particular floor but I think it's better to replay floors because of collectables and the randomly generated rooms.

8 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

The Rage serum. How many are you allowed to carry and are you able to replenish them if you run out?

Yes the Rage Serum, but you should experiment with all the tools the game has to offer. I don't think there is a maximum you can carry as I remember having 12 but it's been a while since I played the game. You can replenish them at any shop you find while on the decks (and I think main hub) but they do cost money, shouldn't be a problem though.

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 1