Load Screen Times - Prepare Yourself

I'm about 30 hours into the game. Fun game, but as I was knocking off a number of side quests last night, I was looking at a lot of load screens. I realized I'd just finished 100 quests and decided to do the math. How long have I been looking at load screens so far?

Each mission will involve anywhere between 3-10+ load screens. These will likely either involve fast travel or entering/exiting buildings and new areas. As a conservative estimate, let's say I'm averaging 5 load screens per mission. Each load screen (PS4) is between 15-30 seconds. As another conservative estimate, 20 seconds per load screen. That is 100 seconds of load screens per mission. During 100 missions, you get 10,000 seconds of load screens, which is 166 minutes of load screens, equaling almost 3 hours.

3 hours.

That is the ultimate challenge of this Platinum, not the game itself, but knowing, if I go through with this one, there are easily another 3+ hours of load screens in my future. And they don't even let you cycle through the tips. It's wild stuff.

Edited by cobaltTangerine
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TJsTrophies said:

Who cares. If you enjoy it, play it and deal with it, if this annoys you then stop playing.

I disagree, Skyrim on Xbox 360 the loading screens were slightly painful.. 

on the ps5 I don’t even have time to read the loading screen hints. Straight back into gaming. 
I am a fidgety person and can’t sit still unless I’m engrossed or occupied so if the loading screens are long in this day and age, chances are I’ll lose interest :) 

I agree they got very painful towards the end but overall I am spoilt with PS5 loading times. So I tried to ignore it.

For a ps plus free game I loved back in the day, was worth the replay imo but they could of worked on more improvements for a re-mastered version of the game 

55 minutes ago, TJsTrophies said:

Who cares. If you enjoy it, play it and deal with it, if this annoys you then stop playing.

So, your reasoning is that developers don't need to optimize games as long as the gameplay is fun enough that at least some people will like it? Wild.

It's perfectly natural for paying customers to expect quality from their products, as long as they're bringing up reasonable concerns in a reasonable manner. Pointing out poor game optimization is an extremely reasonable concern, even if there's zero chance the load times are getting fixed at this stage in the game.

Hey I posted this on gamefaqs and this is about the loading times between the 3 and 4 and this is what I came up with 

Well I just timed both the PS4 and PS3 versions and the 3 loading times for me was half the time for the 4. I did in and out times going in and out of Gorhart Inn. The times on the 4 were 18 secs in and 44 out and on the 2nd run it was the same, while the 3 version was 10 sec in and 20-22 sec out. I started with the 4 first and then the 3. The 4 version also is darker on my tv then what the 3 version is. When I loaded up the 3 version the colors in the first dungeon were vibrant and colorful while the 4 version was really dark and it was hard for me to see around me. So I'll just stick with the 3.

Hope this helps
  • Like 1