Virtually Unplayable

J_E_B_B

I have read about others suffering this problem on Reddit, but I’m also wondering if you guys are experiencing it, and if there is a possible fix, I would like to know. 

Essentially every time I try to play a campaign level, the game will freeze up and all I can see is a black screen within 5 minutes of any level. 

This forces me to close the application, but when I do that, it freezes the entire console, forcing me to do a hard reset (unplug console). 

Extremely frustrating to pay for a game and not be able to play it.

I have tried restarting console.

I have tried deleting all saved data.

I have tried deleting everything and reinstalling multiple times.

I have tried playing 1.00, but it won’t let me play campaign.

I have tried fiddling with graphics settings but to no avail.

Edited by J_E_B_B
  • Like 4

I'm having the exact same problem. From what I've read, the latest patch apparently broke the game.

Can't play campaign at all. Somehow managed to finish chapters 1 & 2 after disabling subtitles (which seems to be the game crashing bug that preceded this one) and many many reboots (it's actually astounding how the bug manages to freeze the whole system!) just to have the game black screen on me at the beginning of chapter 3.

Can't find a way around it. My next step would be to try and play it fully unpatched, but I came here first to see that you've tried it to no avail.

So, I'd wouldn't say its virtually unplayable as much as it's utterly and completely unplayable. At least the campaign is.

What gives me some hope is that its looks as if everyone is experiencing the same glitch, so they must be trying to fix it, right? (right?)

I really, really hope they'll.

Are you playing on PS4 or PS5? I had an issue when the PS5 first launched where the cutscenes would freeze and lead to audio sync issues (only affecting cutscenes, gameplay was fine). I opened a ticket with Actvision and tweeted at them, but never got a response so I gave up. I assumed that it was just some compatibility issue with PS5 and that if played on PS4, it would be fine but I never tested it.

This could potentially kill the console, hopefully it will be fixed very soon as it is very serious. Post on reddit or the official forums as suggested.

Same for me. Just started the campaign today on PS4 Pro and had massive frame dip at one point on the first level, then black screen a little later. Quit, reopened, got it again and then trying to close the game froze the system, so I had to unplug it from the mains...

They need to make WZ it’s own client. Having multiple games stacked on top of each other with WZ being the biggest of the bunch is what’s causing MW’s client to crash and be so damn buggy. They need to separate WZ from the rest of the games since it’s big enough to be it’s own standalone title. 

• Like 1