PS5 crashing/save issues

TheArtfulDimond

2 hours ago, NashtyMouse said:

Yeah the devs are aware of it. Unfortunately there is no fix yet. Apparently it starts happening to people around the 60% mark of completion. For me, it started happening at 59.8%.

Hope there is a fix soon, this game is incredible.

Thanks for letting me know. It set me back from 63 to 61 the first time. Then 71 to 68 and most recently 82 to 79. All forcing me to replay really frustrating sections I had just been so relieved to have finished. Really put a damper on a top 10 entry in my personal GOTY list. 

4 hours ago, TheArtfulDimond said:

Thanks for letting me know. It set me back from 63 to 61 the first time. Then 71 to 68 and most recently 82 to 79. All forcing me to replay really frustrating sections I had just been so relieved to have finished. Really put a damper on a top 10 entry in my personal GOTY list. 

Yeah I don’t have much else to play right now, I’m thinking of trying to play through the bugs but I would have to quit and backup my save every upgrade I get. There are just way too many insanely difficult upgrades to potentially lose progress of.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

It’s the same for me. Went from 83% back to 79%. I made it to the final boss, but didn’t know if there was a point of no return if I beat it or not…so I “saved” it and went to bed. The next day I loaded it up and it was back before the Chaos boss with 2 of the main crystals (dark and light) to get again…so I wrote the company and let them know it’s still happening this late after being released on ps5. 

I’m moving on to blasphemous and death’s gambit-afterlife.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/05/2023 at 0:36 AM, liquish said:

The new update is out today! In addition to the 2 new areas, gems, enemies and so on, the developer claims to finally have resolved the save bug. 

Has anyone experienced the issue post update, or is it actually fixed?

I had this issue twice after the update

So yeah, apparently it's not fixed

12 hours ago, surf360 said:

I had this issue twice after the update

So yeah, apparently it's not fixed

Dang, that's horrible. I was having the issue very frequently before the update, but haven't had it once (knock on wood) post update. My issue is that I collected all the gems and the trophy for doing so didn't pop. I'm in talks with the developer for a fix because that's ridiculous to play Noctis mode again for 1 bugged trophy

On 29/5/2023 at 1:33 AM, liquish said:

Dang, that's horrible. I was having the issue very frequently before the update, but haven't had it once (knock on wood) post update. My issue is that I collected all the gems and the trophy for doing so didn't pop. I'm in talks with the developer for a fix because that's ridiculous to play Noctis mode again for 1 bugged trophy

Any news? I wanted to get this now it's on sale but I don't want another buggy game in my life right now...

On 6/6/2023 at 7:57 AM, Bebop_Man said:

Any news? I wanted to get this now it's on sale but I don't want another buggy game in my life right now...

Not yet. They said they are waiting for Sony to approve the changes and aren't sure how long it will take. 

I put it on hold and am enjoying the Return to Castlevania expansion DLC on Dead Cells! It's a nice throwback to those games. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/26/2023 at 1:41 PM, Teh_Zombz said:

bumping this as i'm curious as well, game looks solid.

On 10/24/2023 at 6:19 PM, Baker said:

Can anyone tell me the state of the game as of now? Are there still game crashes, corrupted save data or glitched trophies?

This game looks amazing. And it’s on sale.

• 3 months later...
On 10/25/2023 at 1:19 AM, Baker said:

Can anyone tell me the state of the game as of now? Are there still game crashes, corrupted save data or glitched trophies?

This game looks amazing. And it’s on sale.

Bumping this one more time as I would really like to know. 

So I bought the game and thought I will just find out myself as I really want to play it. But I can’t. I’m just stuck in this initial screen where there is just no menu.

bo7dUQW.jpeg

I can hear some sounds when pressing :cross: but that’s it.

Nice start to this game…