Did the servers shut down early?

Hvalpen

16 hours ago, Static_Rook said:

The end game stuff (Code 8, Retributions) is way more of a grind solo, with a much higher chance of failing the mission and losing all the materials from it. I ran 8-1 and 8-2 online a lot and they only took like 5 minutes each time with a full team. The first time I tried 8-1 solo, before going online, I couldn't finish it at all. Even with better weapons now it still takes me 30 minutes. And since this is a Monster Hunter style game, you'll be running missions over and over for certain materials.

So, That's mean I can't earn platinum anymore. I'm thinking to start this game today, but you scared me. I can't do anything on solo mode?

37 minutes ago, Tiricy said:

So, That's mean I can't earn platinum anymore. I'm thinking to start this game today, but you scared me. I can't do anything on solo mode?

If you don't have the three online trophies already then you can't get the platinum. Unless you have 2 Vitas and 2 copies of the game to get them in Ad Hoc mode. 

Everything else is technically doable solo, it's just way harder and takes longer than doing it online with other people.

20 minutes ago, Static_Rook said:

If you don't have the three online trophies already then you can't get the platinum. Unless you have 2 Vitas and 2 copies of the game to get them in Ad Hoc mode. 

Everything else is technically doable solo, it's just way harder and takes longer than doing it online with other people.

Thanks for info .. 

15 hours ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

I would advise upgrading a Phalanx to level 10 as you don't actually need to play any Retribution missions to upgrade it to the max!

You should get enough materials just doing the regular missions, and for the Abductor parts you need: Acquire them in a Showdown mission instead of any other mission type so you just have the one enemy to deal with, and loads of time to do it!

The only Retribution mission I ever did was the Jakarta one for saving 3 civilians, as it's by far the fastest way to reach 500000 years. Managed to only need about 1 hour tops to get my years reduced once I had done everything else!

Total time to platinum was around 35 hours I believe.

Did your Phalanx have particular stats (crit hit % / damage) ? What kind of (blue) upgrades did you add? Not sure if I use the right words. Currently on my way to the Code 5 exam. 

Jakarta is indeed a very good suggestion to lower your sentence and earn points/money and can end soon if you let the AI buddies focus on evacuating citizens instead of the big spider in the room. ?

14 hours ago, ConAir said:

Did your Phalanx have particular stats (crit hit % / damage) ? What kind of (blue) upgrades did you add? Not sure if I use the right words. Currently on my way to the Code 5 exam. 

Jakarta is indeed a very good suggestion to lower your sentence and earn points/money and can end soon if you let the AI buddies focus on evacuating citizens instead of the big spider in the room. 1f606.png

I never used the Phalanx, I only used it for levelling up. :P  

But I stuck with the Barbara's EZ Blaster P and a rocket launcher for the rest of the game. My Barbara was rarity level 4, and when I got it to level 5 I reset it to the P version and levelled that one up to level 5. It had Power XL and Power L, along with Movement M and Clip Size M. Didn't bother levelling it further as it would have required me fighting Red Rage a bunch of times for parts, and it was powerful enough as it was. 

Basically you just need to get Power L and XL at the same time, the damage boost makes killing things a lot faster! I had to upload my save to the cloud and reset the game a bunch of times when modifying it in order to keep those 2 attributes. 

• Like 1

Power Xl, Power L, Stagger XL, and Pod Damage XL, then all you have to do is keep pounding away with the Barbara on the pod. Once it breaks they'll be stunned, the pod will reform as it starts to try and get up, blast it again and it will break again and they'll be stunned again. If you use the binding thorn you can blast it with a level 2 charge at the start to make it easier to take pot shots at the pod, or to take out shields on their shoulders that are protecting them from ranged attacks. When you first make contact with an abductor you can also latch onto their leg and drag them down very quickly with the circle button. So drag them down one time, and get to work on them, then blast them with the lvl 2 binding charge as soon as they get up to knock them down again and you will have put quite a dent into their shields or weapons before they can even fire a shot.

Once you get to code 7 (above that point is when it gets hard to do things solo without a really good weapon) you can start manufacturing with the hopes of either getting a late bloomer (gets very powerful at high level) rarity 7 weapon, or a weapon with desirable mods. The rarer a weapon, the more mod slots it has, and the easier it is to get the mods you want on it. For example, a rarity 7 has 10 modules slots: 6 slots will either remain that were already on the weapon OR be inherited from a weapon that it is mixed with, and up to 4 will be randomly generated. So if your weapon already had Power XL and Power L, you could delete the other mods on it by paying 5000 to another vendor, then mix it will a weapon that had only Pod Damage XL, and it will be guaranteed to inherit Pod Damage XL while retaining Power XL and Power L. This explains the process pretty well. https://www.reddit.com/r/FreedomWars/wiki/weapon_upgrading It's also why you should be trying to pick up every weapon on the battlefield, you never know when you might pick up a weapon that has a desirable mod to transfer to your primary weapon. Even if it doesn't have any useful mods, if it has any elements on it you can use it to slowly buff the element on your weapon by mixing other weapons with elements with it.

Most of the really rare, annoying to acquire weapon crafting stuff you'll need for high level impact upgrades is field resources (things you harvest) that multiplayer doesn't really help you with much. You have to constantly check a few particular harvest tiles and then abandon and reset the retribution missions a couple dozen times until the resource appears, then finish the mission. It won't be quick, and it won't be pretty, but you should be able to do them solo if you can keep your teammates alive to revive you so you don't run out of respawns. For the abductor parts if you find farming for a particular part tedious there is a vendor that will sell almost all of them at a heavily marked up rate once you get near the end of the game. I ended up buying one part to finish leveling my lvl 10 Barbara P (by running the easy retribution 100 Jakarata mission that gives quite a bit of entitlement points) because I got tired of breaking the same part over and over waiting for a particular material to drop.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

I never used the Phalanx, I only used it for levelling up. :P  

But I stuck with the Barbara's EZ Blaster P and a rocket launcher for the rest of the game. My Barbara was rarity level 4, and when I got it to level 5 I reset it to the P version and levelled that one up to level 5. It had Power XL and Power L, along with Movement M and Clip Size M. Didn't bother levelling it further as it would have required me fighting Red Rage a bunch of times for parts, and it was powerful enough as it was. 

Basically you just need to get Power L and XL at the same time, the damage boost makes killing things a lot faster! I had to upload my save to the cloud and reset the game a bunch of times when modifying it in order to keep those 2 attributes. 

Thanks for the detailed reply to you and @Guardian_owl. Hopefully I won't have too much extra hassle.

On 12/25/2021 at 5:27 PM, FawkeSolid said:
I just got Fashion Accessory with ad hoc mode in a lobby alone. Popped up as soon as I entered the lobby. So I think the platinum is still doable using adhoc & xlink kai if you are having trouble with harder missions

Did you really get the trophy offline and without a second player in the lobby? then the trophy guide is wrong!

I have the other two multiplayer trophies but for this one I was late and servers shut down before I can get to CODE 4!

On 12/25/2021 at 5:50 AM, ConAir said:

Jakarta is indeed a very good suggestion to lower your sentence and earn points/money and can end soon if you let the AI buddies focus on evacuating citizens instead of the big spider in the room. 1f606.png

Try to get the Anti-Web Augmentation. It helped a lot for me in the missions with those spiders. Getting stuck in the web quickly gets old.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChainedDreamer said:

Did you really get the trophy offline and without a second player in the lobby? then the trophy guide is wrong!

I have the other two multiplayer trophies but for this one I was late and servers shut down before I can get to CODE 4!

Yes completely offline, was not even using xlink kai. Just talk to your accessory select request cooperation>ad hoc, it will tell you that it turns off wifi yesyesyes select room. As soon as it loaded the lobby I got the trophy.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RaiantheMajin said:

Try to get the Anti-Web Augmentation. It helped a lot for me in the missions with those spiders. Getting stuck in the web quickly gets old.

Okay, but first I will need a decent weapon after reaching code 7. Checked my inventory and most weapons have a rarity of 1 with a few exceptions up to 4. All in all pretty forgettable.

6 hours ago, ConAir said:

Okay, but first I will need a decent weapon after reaching code 7. Checked my inventory and most weapons have a rarity of 1 with a few exceptions up to 4. All in all pretty forgettable.

If your weapon factory hasn't yet reached the current level max (determined by your code level and the entitlements you've purchased), you can level it up (or any new weapon factories you want to build) without expending any parts or field resources by combining two useless weapons. Combine a weapon of mid-tier rarity with junk and each time it will re-roll some of the random mods and you might get a good mod to transfer to your primary weapon. For example, one of those rarity 4 weapons will reroll 3 of its 6 mod slots every time it is combined with another weapon, at a cost of no entitlement points if you have spare weapons to burn.

Edited by Guardian_owl