Anyone able to play this on PS5?

Shipyroni

I was playing the game on PS5 and I noticed that during booting and other loading sreens the console was making a weird noise that I had never heard it doing before with any other game (not sure if it was coil whine - it was like something was being scratched inside?). Since it wasn't that loud and it disapeared during playtime, I didn't bother with it. After some minutes, the game crashed, and so did with the whole PS5 system and I had to force shut down the console. 

After a quick search, I found out this is a common problem (someone even complained that their console was bricked because of this) that was already reported to the devs months ago, but it hasn't been updated after all this time. Is there any workaround or news about a fix, or will a game that doesn't work just keep being sold in the official PSN store?

Attempted to play again today. Soft-locked my console after auto-saving. The game has had updates since I last played (October 2021), but these have not fixed the bricking of the PS5. Contacted the devs on Discord, was completely ignored and blocked by a couple when I DM'ed them.

This shouldn't be happening and should not be sold if it bricks/locks consoles.

• 2 months later...

Played and got the platinum as of version 2.0.9. Didn't have any noise coming from my PS5 as well as any soft-locking when auto-saving, although I would recommend manual saving from time to time.

I did get soft-locked when trying to access Sandbox Mode for certain trophies that are obtainable in that mode. As a result, I had to hold the power button for 20 seconds to turn off the PS5 and it would go through the repair process upon turning on or the message about force shutdown while the PS5 is on although no save files were lost. 

However, the chances of Sandbox soft-locking (at least for me) were about 50/50. Everytime I access the game mode, I'd give it about 5 seconds to see if a loading percentage appears, if it doesn't appear I would quickly hold the PS button to go back to home and close the game and restart it to try again. Any later and the game will soft lock again.

So in its entirety, the game is not completely gonna destroy your PS5, but do be wary of what the game can do because results may vary for everyone's PS5. If you really value your PS5 and don't want to risk bricking the system, play it on the PS4 just to be safe.

• 1 year later...

Curious in 2023 if this is still an issue or it's been fixed, I see it's on sale right now and I'm eyeballing it but noticed this thread. Are there any recent players able to give insight on the games performance on PS5 recently? Thanks in advance!

Edited by Skurkitty

22 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

Curious in 2023 if this is still an issue or it's been fixed, I see it's on sale right now and I'm eyeballing it but noticed this thread. Are there any recent players able to give insight on the games performance on PS5 recently? Thanks in advance!

This game hasn't been patched since late 2021 so no, this problem hasn't been fixed :(https://orbispatches.com/CUSA20218. Also, the 100% is unobtainable due to 3 DLC trophies being glitched to hell :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

On 12/03/2023 at 0:39 PM, Skurkitty said:

Hi, I ended up getting the platinum (didn't attempt the DLC, that is broken for everyone) last year some months after I created this thread!  
I have to say the game is good on PC and could have been a lot of fun on PS5 after you get used to the controls, but there's a lot of content missing and the probability of having crashes and save corruption is way too high. Like @HuntingFever said, the game is pretty much abandoned on Playstation until proven otherwise - they're working on fixing this port, but it's been a real long time. I'm still on the official Discord and there's been no news about our platform for ages, and all bugs and glitches weren't fixed. Some people there say the game is unplayable.

Still, I believe the platinum is possible for most players if you have a lot of patience to deal with crashes, and it would take you just around a day or so too. What I did at the time was delete my save, reinstall the game and start from scratch. This is a bit like Mafia 3 - I couldn't really close the game or try another game mode, otherwise my save would corrupt (meaning, the game would crash my console on the loading screen - this would be fixed if I deleted the save) and all my progress would be lost. I did the cooking lessons first all at once (I had one or two crashes while moving from one lesson to another and had to delete and start again, but it's very quick to catch up), then I moved on to career mode and did whatever trophies I had left all at once again. Not sure if you need sandbox mode for any trophy, but if you did, then I did that one after career mode. The last trophy I did was the one about spending X hours playing the game, I just left the game open on some mode after deleting yet another save and put a rubber band on my controller, didn't get a single crash. 

Also, in case somebody is having trouble and wants to try: some players advice to store the game on external memory and not on console; and also to switch the 4K video transfer rate setting to -1. I didn't notice any difference, but it's worth the try. :)

• Like 1