What’s the point in joining a session if you have all your privacy settings locked?

crashban96

Haha I know what you mean. A lot of people put their PSN ID in a thread for adding people as friends and they will say something about them not accepting blank friend requests and to add a message saying you’re from PSNP but then their privacy settings won’t let you message them and then they won’t accept you because it’s a blank request. Backwards thinking ?

• Like 1

I also came across few players who had their privacy locked when trying to reach them or add them to a group. 

First I will sent them a friend request instead, if they not accept my request in one or two days I will just kick them out of my session and find somebody else. 

Another thing worst then private setting is those player who never reply to my message, what's worse is I can see they are online and playing game rather than reply to your message.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

I'd guess it's because they had their privacy set to block spammers and burner accounts so long ago, it's just not something they actively think about when joining a group. It is sort of a set and forget kind of thing.

I set mine that way for this exact reason.  I used to get weirdo messages from random people and scammers.  Also PSN is a bit goofy with this too.  When looking for co-op partners here, I set all my stuff back to public, but people said they still couldn't add / message me.  We worked it out, but sometimes there are kinks in the system.  I've been really lucky with boosting and co-op partners found on this site.  Everyone has been great when it comes down to planning a time and working together for both our benefits.  But if people are ignoring you after agreeing to a session here or wherever, I can see how that would be annoying as all hell.

• Like 1

Warframe has been a bit fickle for me when it comes to privacy settings. While other games, like ESO, seem to respond along with the PSN when an account changes it's setting to open, Warframe doesn't seem to acknowledge this for at least an hour. Or at least that is my consistent experience.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2022 at 1:25 AM, DaveMcDamage said:

They might want to just play an online game but not have to communicate or share details. Same way someone might play a real sport but not go around giving everyone there personal details and such. 

nothing about PlayStation social features falls under the category "personal details"

6 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Then don't worry about them not talking or anything and just game on, like those gamers want to. 

I think you responded to a different comment than you though, because what you've just said has nothing to do with anything I've said

• 2 years later...

You can still use party chat or other messaging social media sites like discord to communicate not being able to message doesn't mean you can talk to them whatsoever.