Karaman1025's road to %80+ completion

karaman1025

Hello everyone,

My first platinum was Goat simulator that I earned back in February 2020, the enjoyment that I got from it felt awesome but I still wasn't hunting trophies seriously. I was thinking of trophies as only numbers and I was not trying to get the platinum in every game that I played. In april 2020 I met My name is mayo and slyde. 2 very fast and easy platinums this was a new beginning for me :) . After those two I started to play every game to get the platinum out of it and raise my completion rate. I went back to a lot of games that I left uncompleted and raised my completion to %70 as of now. For 2022 my goal is to reach %80 completion. I still have a lot of games to get back to, most of them are easy platinums, and also a lot of unstarted games. This topic will help me to follow my progress. I already made a list of uncompleted/unstarted games that I will insert in this post. I would love to hear your thoughts about it. In the beginning I have 33 games in my list.

L717d80.png
36 Trophies  1,260 Points
(Unstarted)

L3ec138.png
73 Trophies  1,755 Points
(Unstarted)

L73f2a8.png
Bugsnax  
28 Trophies  1,305 Points
(Unstarted)

L05b916.png
63 Trophies  1,350 Points
(Unstarted)

L8479d7.png
F1 2021 • 
51 Trophies • 1,350 Points
(51 of 51 earned %100)

Lf01c18.png
Hot Wheels Unleashed    
48 Trophies  1,395 Points
(Unstarted)

L6dde07.png
35 Trophies  1,260 Points
(Unstarted)

Le71c77.png
Maneater  
45 Trophies  1,515 Points
(Unstarted)
      spacer.png

Lc14ca4.png
Maquette • 
23 Trophies • 1,290 Points
(Unstarted)

L0d6cb4.png
50 Trophies • 1,335 Points
(Unstarted)

L9d9776.png
59 Trophies  1,350 Points
(Unstarted)

L94b503.png
50 Trophies  1,515 Points
(Unstarted)

spacer.png

L43c1f4.png
Days Gone  
61 Trophies  1,785 Points
(10 of 61 earned %11)

PS4

L88f3a6.png
God of War  
37 Trophies  1,350 Points
(Unstarted)

Lfad333.png
79 Trophies  1,785 Points
(Unstarted)

L00c8ca.png
49 Trophies  1,500 Points
(4 of 49 earned %5)

L14bfb5.png
48 Trophies  1,320 Points
(Unstarted)

L83c4bb.png
21 Trophies • 1,260 Points
(Unstarted)

PS4
  spacer.png

L96abef.png
LEGO DC Super-Villains  EU  
76 Trophies  1,800 Points
(Unstarted)

PS4

L2259cf.png
110 Trophies  2,415 Points
(2 of 110 earned %1)

spacer.png

Lbbe3f4.png
50 Trophies  1,350 Points
(4 of 50 earned %5)

spacer.png

L761f4e.png
Little Nightmares    
22 Trophies  705 Points
(5 of 22 earned %10)

spacer.png

L33021d.png
Sonic Forces  
49 Trophies  1,395 Points
(5 of 49 earned %6)

spacer.png

L984ddc.png
Flower  
14 Trophies  315 Points
(5 of 14 earned %23)

spacer.png

L0cd112.png
53 Trophies  1,530 Points
(16 of 53 earned %23)

spacer.png

Lf4c14b.png
54 Trophies  1,515 Points
(15 of 54 earned %20)

spacer.png

L61c711.png
59 Trophies  1,545 Points
(13 of 59 earned %16)

Leb6b0f.png
38 Trophies  1,335 Points
(18 of 38 earned %27)

spacer.png

L793a84.png
50 Trophies  1,335 Points
(6 of 50 earned %8)

spacer.png

L258a54.png
50 Trophies  1,350 Points
(4 of 50 earned %7)

spacer.png

L3fd369.png
Overcooked 2    
55 Trophies  2,040 Points
(8 of 55 earned %7)

spacer.png

L28b9c4.png
51 Trophies  1,350 Points
(30 of 51 earned %65)

spacer.png

Lce4fdc.png
25 Trophies  1,305 Points
(7 of 25 earned %26)

S893459.png
                  Life is Strange Remastered
                   61 Trophies
                    (61 of 61 earned %100)

S234be6.png                     
18 Trophies
(18 of 18 earned %100)

S8ab2e1.png
      35 Trophies
(35 of 35 earned %100)

Sdbaa22.png
                               Gran Turismo 7
                              49 of 54 Trophies
Edited by karaman1025
Update 4
  • Like 4

I would say yes go for it i did a similar thing with my trophy backlog in may of 2020 i said to myself lets see if i can get to at least 90% in may of 2021 i was able to reach that goal when i started out it felt like a impossible task starting at around 68-70% my advice would always be to try and stick with one game at a time if you have any online trophies knock those out first as so if your playing another game you wont have to rush to that game just to get the online trophies in case of a server shutdown announcement.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

First game completed!

Lc14ca4.png Maquette  23 of 23 Trophies Earned 
Can't really say I enjoyed It but wanted to get a fast platinum, it still took me longer than expected but finally got it. At the same time I started Late shift for the same reason and guess what- A trophy glitched on me and still working on it. Now I started Spider-man Miles Morales and Im feeling that this one will be very enjoyable. Will keep this thread up to date.
Edited by karaman1025
Submitted by mistake

Doing the same challenge right now. When I started Trophy hunting I collected as much as possible and bought almost every game but didn’t complete a ton of these. My goal for 2022 is to reach 90% completion (0,50% per month). But I also don’t want to pass on new games. Now I am much more experienced in trophy hunting and can complete older games easier. Also I want to fully complete a new game before buying the next. So I don‘t accidentally drop in my completion again. 

I play games now in a specific order.

-Complete one game I haven’t gotten platinum

-Complete the DLCs of a game I already platinumed

-Complete a new game

This way it keeps kind of fresh and I don’t get bored too fast. I am sure I can complete my goal 2022 and I know you can reach your goal too :)

Edited by xIRockyRock
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

You can do it, man!

When I first joined this site, I was at about 67% completion. I've raised to 85%. It's been pretty stable there, though.

Thanks! I think my goal is doable since I don't have many played games. When you have 766 games played it should be hard to improve the completion :) 

5 hours ago, xIRockyRock said:

Doing the same challenge right now. When I started Trophy hunting I collected as much as possible and bought almost every game but didn’t complete a ton of these. My goal for 2022 is to reach 90% completion (0,50% per month). But I also don’t want to pass on new games. Now I am much more experienced in trophy hunting and can complete older games easier. Also I want to fully complete a new game before buying the next. So I don‘t accidentally drop in my completion again. 

I play games now in a specific order.

-Complete one game I haven’t gotten platinum

-Complete the DLCs of a game I already platinumed

-Complete a new game

This way it keeps kind of fresh and I don’t get bored too fast. I am sure I can complete my goal 2022 and I know you can reach your goal too :)

Thanks mate hopefully we will both reach our goals for 2022. I don't start a new game before completing the one I started too (may be some exceptions) and I liked the order you are playing your games. I think I will follow this order too, thanks for the tip :)

• Like 1

Completed my second game!

2 days ago I completed late shift but didn't had the time to update this thread. It was enjoyable. I thought a trophy glitched on me but not sure. Maybe I did not wait long enough before quiting the game. I did 2 playthroughs for nothing and then deleted the game, reinstalled it and waited till the end and it popped. I am happy to have completed 2 games. Onto the next one!

L83c4bb.png.     
21 of 21 Trophies earned

Keep the grindy ones last and do the online 1st, even when you go into a new game if there are online trophies I would suggest to do them 1st if possible. Guides on roadmaps usually place that step as last but I noticed that once I 'm done with the single player I don't really have energy for multiplayer and sometimes even end up hating the game, doing it other way around not only it secures your 100% completion but also build up your appetite for the actual game, 2 examples from my library are Red dead redemption 2 and Ghost of Tsushima, which I actually completed the last online trophy today and this weekend I'm going into the single player for the 1st time and I'm hyped up. Keep hunting them trophies man, best hobby in the world.

• Like 1

3 down 30 more to go.

L0d6cb4.png    
50  of 50 Trophies earned 

Just completed Spider-Man Miles Morales and I can say that I really enjoyed it. The story was good and the game was not repetitive. Even going for %100 was not boring unlike Marvel's Spiderman. I prefer it being shorter rather than being repetitive. For the first time fast travel was really fast :) I used it whenever possible. The dualsense's feeling was great. It was a great experience.

Now I have completed 3 games from that list 30 more to go at the moment but I think I will add some more games. Just got deathloop and will have Life is strange remasters. Will add them to the list soon.

On 21.01.2022 at 9:45 PM, enemy1987dkhr said:

Keep the grindy ones last and do the online 1st, even when you go into a new game if there are online trophies I would suggest to do them 1st if possible. Guides on roadmaps usually place that step as last but I noticed that once I 'm done with the single player I don't really have energy for multiplayer and sometimes even end up hating the game, doing it other way around not only it secures your 100% completion but also build up your appetite for the actual game. 

Thanks for the tips. will do grindy ones last and  I agree with you for the online trophies. When I start a new game first I tackle the online trophies and the rest is enjoyment. As you said after completing the single player you don't want to go for the online.

• 2 months later...

Its been some time since my last update, I didn't have much time to play games. First I completed F1 2021, I had already started it and didnt had much things to do just the 50 hours on track grind. Then we got Life is strange remasters, I really loved playing the originals, the remasters were good also. I started lis remastered the day it came out there were minor bugs, it kinda got the enjoyment away but still a great game. Because of the bugs I decided to wait before starting before the storm. They made big updates and I played it without problem. I also completed Subnautica, I had completed the ps4 version last year and did the ps5 version this time. Not gonna lie I used the developper panel. When gt7 came out I started playing it and didn't really play anything else. Playing the story was good, I love racing games so this was enjoyable. While doing gold on licences I had moments of rage but it didn't go as bad as expected so I am happy that I got the hardest parts done. I still need to do sports mode and have a trophy that bugged waiting for a new patch to fix it. Also the legendary cars trophy is another story, I don't think anyone got it yet, the credits grind is something but waiting for a car that is eligible is another thing. Will get it sooner or later. In total ( with the games newly added) i have completed 7 of the 37 games. At the beginning my completion rate was %70 at the beginning and as of today it is %72.12  

L8479d7.png
                     F1 2021 • 
                       51 Trophies • 1,350 Points
                    (51 of 51 earned %100)
S893459.png
                  Life is Strange Remastered
                   61 Trophies
                    (61 of 61 earned %100)
S234be6.png                     
18 Trophies
(18 of 18 earned %100)
S8ab2e1.png