Downgrading patch for "A What?" Trophy

Septomor

Hey all,

I believe this game is un-plat-able with update 1.03. But, I managed to get it after downgrading the patch with help from the following thread. And you can check that I have gotten the platinum trophy as of 2022, and from PS5, so it is possible.

It's a bit of work and a definite annoyance. One thing to note is that if you have a save file for 1.03, it probably will not load after downgrading so you will have to beat the game from a fresh save. The good news is that the game is also 1/3 shorter with only 2 neighborhoods to rob. Here are the steps reiterated.

Tool

Patches

Guide:

In order to downgrade the game we will have to delete the game from our system. So if you have saves not backed up to PS Plus or a USB do so now! If you are not comfortable with doing so you can always wait for an official fix in the future. 

1. Download Charles Proxy Server free trial in the link provided above.
  2. Run Charles, there are a few icons at the top toolbar. Click the last one to the right that is a gear icon. You should see a list of options popup, click Proxy Settings, now under the tab Proxies in the sub category HTTP Proxy there is a little box unchecked called "Enable transparent HTTP proxying" check it to the on position. Click ok to save at the bottom and leave program open.
  3. On your
    1. PS4 go to Settings>Network>Set Up Internet Connection> Wired or Wireless both work  but make sure if wireless you are on the same network as the PC.>After that choose custom, in the next section you can either set up your IP Address settings manually or automatic.>MTU Settings Automatic>Proxy Server USE. For the address you want to type your PC's IP Address. If you don't know how to find it open the command prompt and type ipconfig, you are looking for your IPv4 Address. After you have that done the Port Number is 8888. Click next and then test connection to see if all is working well. Now at this point on your PC, Charles Software will ask you to allow or deny the incoming connection you MUST allow it for this to work.,
    2. For PS5, Settings>Network>Settings>Set Up Internet Connection, highlight the network you are currently connected to and press Options>Advanced Settings>Proxy Server Use. For the address you want to type your PC's IP Address. If you don't know how to find it open the command prompt and type ipconfig, you are looking for your IPv4 Address. After you have that done the Port Number is 8888. Click next and then test connection to see if all is working well. Now at this point on your PC, Charles Software will ask you to allow or deny the incoming connection you MUST allow it for this to work.
  4. Delete Thief Simulator from your PS4.
  5. Go to the PS Store and start downloading Thief Simulator again but quickly pause it as we don't want the download to finish.
    1. *** IF you get a download error  *** First check that the file size is correct, it should be about 3.7 GB to download the game compared to the 7+GB for patch 1.03. If it is 7 try the steps above again.
    2. Go to Charles and find http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net :80 with the port number at the end. In my case, there are 2 of these. One of them might have red X's next to the new .json file. On this one, Right Click on the  http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net :80 > Clear Others
    3. Resume download on PS, and it should start downloading.
  6. In Charles you should see a bunch of links but the one we are looking for is http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net If you do not see it unpause the download and let it run for a few more seconds. Once you find it click the little + icon to the left of it. You will now see more folders click the + icon next to ppkgo. Next open of the f folder and you should see your CUSA number there, What ever version you have copy the link for file above in the Requirements section. We will use this for the next step.
  7. The first file you see should end in .json.(Example of the file name: UP1564-CUSA20102_00-CLABS0TS20200430-A0103-V0100.json) Right click it and select map remote, it is one of the last options.
  8. You will now see an edit mapping box popup, head to the Map To section. Fill in the info as follows. Protocol: http  Host: gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net Port:80 Path: The link you copied from above earlier on Step 6. Query: Leave Blank. Double check all info and click OK.
  9. Now delete the paused Thief Simulator download and redownload it again. This time around it should be a smaller file size and be on Version 1.01!
  10. If everything worked successfully you can resetup your internet connection without the proxy and close the program down on your pc. If not try the steps again and it still not working comment below and maybe I can help you out.

If you are curious, the website I used for finding the patch was Orbis Patches and if you run into bugged trophies for another game after an update, you can (hopefully) still use this method. If this site goes down as the one in the original post did, you can try searching for CUSA Patches PS4/PS5. Let me know how it goes guys and good luck, nothing worse than getting 1 trophy from plat popping for it to be bugged.

Edited by Septomor
Clearing up
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hore said:

cool, but is there any reason to use v1.01 instead of simply going to v1.00? Since the latter is a lot simpler

I couldn't find a "patch" (since it would be the base version, it would just be the default packages i.e., no patches), but the trophy didn't unlock for v1.00 anyhow. The patch notes for 1.01

Release Notes:

- Fixed a problem with "A what?" trophy not unlocking

- Fixed a few smaller issues

Now, as soon as you beat the game, credits roll, and then at the main menu you can select New Game +. Then it pop's immediately. Originally in v1.00, you had to buy an invisibility cloak but it never unlocked the trophy for ps, nor the achievement for steam/xbox. So they said screw it you start ng+ and you get the trophy.

• Like 1

Ah, good catch! Well thanks for posting about it.

This game has been sitting in my backlog for ages, and although that probably won't change anytime soon, I've added it to my thread so maybe it'll help others

I couldn't find a "patch" (since it would be the base version, it would just be the default packages i.e., no patches)

This is how you downgrade to v1.00:

• Like 1

Thanks for testing and finding this out ?

Have had it in backlog too in hope of a final patch and fix but it seems to be a lost cause.

Does NG+ work with it? I hear it’s not working with the most recent patch. Reverting to 1.01 sounds like the way to go.

11 minutes ago, NMErickson said:

Thanks for testing and finding this out 1f44d.png

Have had it in backlog too in hope of a final patch and fix but it seems to be a lost cause.

Does NG+ work with it? I hear it’s not working with the most recent patch. Reverting to 1.01 sounds like the way to go.

I'm kinda bad when it comes to video games nowadays, I didn't actually test ng+ before deleting the game. As soon as you press X on "New Game +, Confirm"  the trophy pops. So I don't know if ng+ actually works. According to people on v1.00, it did NOT work correctly as you couldn't gain xp, but I'm unsure. 

But on the latest version there is no way to start ng+ since it never appears in the menu, so I had to do the stuff in the post and once it worked wanted to help others. I believe all trophies are possible on v1.01 since thats when most of the plats seem to have happened.

Edited by Septomor
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 12/01/2022 at 0:10 AM, hore said:

Ah, good catch! Well thanks for posting about it.

This game has been sitting in my backlog for ages, and although that probably won't change anytime soon, I've added it to my thread so maybe it'll help others

This is how you downgrade to v1.00:

NOTE FOR ANYONE TRYING TO DOWNLOAD 1.00 PS4 DIGITAL GAMES ON PS5: It does not work, period. (From personal experiences using PSX download helper, node.js and Charles proxies). Awaiting confirmation from any person to confirm it works with proof. This has been verified via myself and @HusKy.

Edited by Blasphemous_Bish
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

This exploit isn't needed anymore, because the devs fixed the trophy glitch a couple of months back :).

I can attest to this. I recently played the game on the latest update and had no problems unlocking anything. The game has typical performance and stability problems though, as expected from a small amateur developer, but nothing game breaking.

• Like 1