Road Redemption Gameplay, Road Rash Spiritual Successor

Parker

For those who love Road Rash (me!) you may be interested in this. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=urgILLOZokg

Road Redemption, the unofficial spiritual successor to Road Rash, has received a new gameplay video detailing graphical improvements and projectile weapons.

The video, which you can check out below, shows how the project is looking since it successfully hit its Kickstarter target last year. This one reveals the uzi and grenade launcher, though a future video will offer insight into the state of alternate biker models, additional motorbikes and two-to-four player splitscreen.

While no official release date has been announced for the project, it's expected to hit PC, Mac, Linux, Xbox 360 and Wii U before the year is out.

Last year, Road Rash creator Dan Geisler expressed his desire to launch his own Kickstarter for a successor. "I'm ready to make a better one now. I miss playing it too. If there is enough interest, I'll do a Kickstart on it,” he said at the time, though nothing has materialised since.

Source: IGN

I'm a huge fan of Road Rash so I'll definitely be checking this out when it releases. According to IGN (at this time) there isn't a planned release for any Sony system which is a shame but if I pick it up I'll probably go with the Wii U version. Not only do I need more games on that system, I adored Road Rash 64 so it feels right to stay with Nintendo. 

Hopefully we'll see a PS4 version though. 

Parker

• Like 1

I have to admit it looks a little bit basic but I would love to play this. 

I don't think it is really close to being released, it was more of an update showing how they've progressed since the Kickstarter. I'm hoping we'll get a real successor to Road Rash, it is one series that would be awesome on the current consoles. 

Parker

• Like 1

I should ban you for posting that.  :spank:

Parker

LOL. Have you ever watched Video  Games Awesome though?  It is a group of friends from Vancouver that do kind of let's plays of games. Most of the time they do games that are Awesome but every now and then they do games that are downright terrible (Harley Davidson comes to mind)