How risky is the online these days?

VoidVictorious

I can tell you my experience that I had about 18 months ago (I know...still dated information) and it was working so far. The only issue that I had was when I was doing these long trials (like The Man with the Glowing Rod) I always got a server disconnection after 1-3 h. That was the reason I stopped putting more time into them because if I cant get the really long ones than there is no point in continuing.

Of course, this can have changed now or it was just the case for me...who knows.

But the reason why I am responding to you, if you want to prevent trophies getting synced then simply create a new user on your PS3 and play it there. Doesnt matter if you have digital or retail version. Thats what I sometimes do if I really want to play a game but dont want to have it on my profile.

Edited by Bobble_DD
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

Me and a friend are currently working on the last online trophy. No problems other than one random disconnect so far.

How difficult is it? I want to do it as quickly as possible. Is there a way to prevent a background sync with the trophies? I’ve heard signing in after you start the game helps.

1 hour ago, VoidVictorious said:

How difficult is it? I want to do it as quickly as possible. Is there a way to prevent a background sync with the trophies? I’ve heard signing in after you start the game helps.

May as well link the other thread you made about this to this discussion, in case people look here later and don't see that it's been answered. 

Preventing Autosync with PS3 - PlayStation 3 - PSNProfiles

The weird thing is, neither of my PS3's has ever autosynched a single trophy in 10+ years (Except for the scheduled PS+ overnight update/sycnh which can be stopped by being connected to the internet overnight) I've always had to manually synch everything. 

2 hours ago, Floorkiller74 said:

May as well link the other thread you made about this to this discussion, in case people look here later and don't see that it's been answered. 

Preventing Autosync with PS3 - PlayStation 3 - PSNProfiles

The weird thing is, neither of my PS3's has ever autosynched a single trophy in 10+ years (Except for the scheduled PS+ overnight update/sycnh which can be stopped by being connected to the internet overnight) I've always had to manually synch everything. 

I appreciate that but I was looking for insight into the difficulty of the trials as well for the amount of time it would likely take. I’ve done all of the God of Wars and Lords of Shadow including the dlc.

32 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

I appreciate that but I was looking for insight into the difficulty of the trials as well for the amount of time it would likely take. I’ve done all of the God of Wars and Lords of Shadow including the dlc.

If you beat them all first try then a few hrs each for 1 and 2 player. Most of them shouldn't pose any issue for someone who has played god of war before as the games play very similar. The only thing that could cause grief is learning the enemies if you decide you wanna go straight into the trials first without doing the base game. Might wanna play the game for a bit on an alt first if that's the case. Alternitively there is a trial that you have infinite lives / retries for which you could pick as your first one.

It's worth noting that along with being more intimidating than actually hard, most of the trickier trials are only that way because of one or two awkward waves, usually with set objectives. (similar to the trials on god of war) A solid 90%+ of the DLC is just spamming the same few attacks and the one OP spell!

46 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

I haven't done the trials, so I couldn't answer that part.