100% Possible with PS Now?

• 1 year later...

Curiosity compels me to ask: Does the DLC carry over stats or require a certain amount of the base game complete to access it? I have the physical disc and the DLC, but lost my save ages ago… while I’m aware I’ll need to boot up the PS3 for the DLC stuff, just wondering if I can do what I need for Platinum off PS+ (the less I have to wrestle with the DS3, the better), or if I’m required/better off just doing the whole thing from the PS3 disc.

36 minutes ago, Ashande said:

Curiosity compels me to ask: Does the DLC carry over stats or require a certain amount of the base game complete to access it? I have the physical disc and the DLC, but lost my save ages ago… while I’m aware I’ll need to boot up the PS3 for the DLC stuff, just wondering if I can do what I need for Platinum off PS+ (the less I have to wrestle with the DS3, the better), or if I’m required/better off just doing the whole thing from the PS3 disc.

Both DLCs are continuations of the story and serve as an epilogue. As far as I recall, yes your stats carry over.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ashande said:

Ah. Looks like DualShock3 it is, then. Thanks.

I haven’t used the streaming service alot but I think you can upload your save to the cloud and then download it again on the ps3 when you want to start the dlc.

Also if you still have several ps3 games to play it might be interesting to invest in an usb plug that lets you use other controllers on the ps3.

1 hour ago, Ashande said:

Ah. Looks like DualShock3 it is, then. Thanks.

FYI, both DS4 and DS5 are fully compatible with PS3 with just their default cable. With the exception of the XMB button, so you're only gonna need DS3 to exit games.

9 minutes ago, NamoPh said:

FYI, both DS4 and DS5 are fully compatible with PS3 with just their default cable. With the exception of the XMB button, so you're only gonna need DS3 to exit games.

They aren't fully compatible lots of games don't work, rumble doesn't work, Sixaxis doesn't work, and you don't have to use the cable they work wirelessly. 

24 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

They aren't fully compatible lots of games don't work, rumble doesn't work, Sixaxis doesn't work, and you don't have to use the cable they work wirelessly. 

Cool, none of that is relevant to him in this case, except maybe the wireless part.