Don't Forget to Scan the Last Boss! (No Spoilers) (UPDATE)

Chaos_Bladez

Has any early adopters popped the trophy on the boss yet, I am reading it missable elsewhere, but I'm curious if those missable enemies are not actually needed.......??

Be weird for this to be the only missable trophy for something so simple.

If the trophy has popped on the missable enemies, then that is full confirmation which is why I ask!

Thanks ;)

So when you say that we'll know when we see it, I'm assuming there's a message that'll pop up on screen telling you that you're about to start the final mission like in the first game and the Insomniac Spider-Man games? I just want to make sure I don't miss scanning the boss if it's required for the trophy.

Edited by SnakeSound222

5 hours ago, rjankowski7031 said:

You're doing God's work

Just looking out for you all!

4 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Has any early adopters popped the trophy on the boss yet, I am reading it missable elsewhere, but I'm curious if those missable enemies are not actually needed.......??

Be weird for this to be the only missable trophy for something so simple.

If the trophy has popped on the missable enemies, then that is full confirmation which is why I ask!

Thanks ;)

Missable enemies are needed as far as I know. I didn't get to scan it because it is pretty deadly and I honestly didn't think I needed to. I was also very thorough in my 50-hour playthrough, which explains how I got the 42 machines. It did seem odd to me that I would have missed one because I was so thorough but then I remembered that I didn't scan the boss and that's when I figured out that I needed to (and then doubly confirmed that theory when I read PowerPyx's guide).

3 hours ago, SnakeSound222 said:

So when you say that we'll know when we see it, I'm assuming there's a message that'll pop up on screen telling you that you're about to start the final mission like in the first game and the Insomniac Spider-Man games? I just want to make sure I don't miss scanning the boss if it's required for the trophy.

Yeah, the point of no return is very clear and the game puts up a prompt before you start the mission. Also from a narrative standpoint, it's pretty obvious.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

Just looking out for you all!

Missable enemies are needed as far as I know. I didn't get to scan it because it is pretty deadly and I honestly didn't think I needed to. I was also very thorough in my 50-hour playthrough, which explains how I got the 42 machines. It did seem odd to me that I would have missed one because I was so thorough but then I remembered that I didn't scan the boss and that's when I figured out that I needed to (and then doubly confirmed that theory when I read PowerPyx's guide).

Yeah, the point of no return is very clear and the game puts up a prompt before you start the mission. Also from a narrative standpoint, it's pretty obvious.

That's what I mean, it seems like its required, but it may not be because off the fact it's missable.

Just speculation on my behalf and something I'm going to test, I'll be sure to get all machines BEFORE the last boss and see if it pops on the boss or before.

Ppyx states it's needed and so will a lot of other guides no doubt, but very minor details like this don't often get checked but instead assumed. I would like to think Ppyx and the team have popped it on the last boss, but I can't be certain, they do get some minor (sometimes major) details incorrect over there from time to time because they try to get guides up on release without fully testing a lot of variables, you can read it in the comments with a lot of their guides, almost every new guide they put out, players in the comments are mentioning incorrect information within the guide!! Not slating the team over there as they do great work and work hard getting the guides done, I'm just saying!

Thing with this is trophy is its a very easy assumption to make, so I understand, still, it just has me curious and I need to know ;)

Anyhow, it's just a theory I have because it just seems weird that 1 trophy is missable because off that, with all the accessibility options and such, I just find it hard to believe such a simple trophy is missable!! This goes against all the accessibility kind off which is where my doubt comes from!

I would like to think either they are not needed or that you can in fact, find those enemies somewhere else, it's just not known yet..........

Guess time will tell, thanks for the replay mate ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Optinooby said:

That's what I mean, it seems like its required, but it may not be because off the fact it's missable.

Just speculation on my behalf and something I'm going to test, I'll be sure to get all machines BEFORE the last boss and see if it pops on the boss or before.

Ppyx states it's needed and so will a lot of other guides no doubt, but very minor details like this don't often get checked but instead assumed. I would like to think Ppyx and the team have popped it on the last boss, but I can't be certain, they do get some minor (sometimes major) details incorrect over there from time to time because they try to get guides up on release without fully testing a lot of variables, you can read it in the comments with a lot of their guides, almost every new guide they put out, players in the comments are mentioning incorrect information within the guide!! Not slating the team over there as they do great work and work hard getting the guides done, I'm just saying!

Thing with this is trophy is its a very easy assumption to make, so I understand, still, it just has me curious and I need to know ;)

Anyhow, it's just a theory I have because it just seems weird that 1 trophy is missable because off that, with all the accessibility options and such, I just find it hard to believe such a simple trophy is missable!! This goes against all the accessibility kind off which is where my doubt comes from!

I would like to think either they are not needed or that you can in fact, find those enemies somewhere else, it's just not known yet..........

Guess time will tell, thanks for the replay mate ;)

Well, the game lists all of the machines in the menu. We can ping @SnowNinjaRaccoon to ask if you want extra confirmation because, according to their trophies, they beat the last boss and then got the scans an hour later. However, seeing as though they got the "killed all types of combat machines" like a minute after getting all the scans suggests that the last machine was one of the machines roaming around the game's world (although it seems like the killing trophy can pop early).

I still think you need the final boss because that is what the evidence points to (along with my experience), but it's always worth investigating all of these things just a little more.

Edited by Chaos_Bladez

Yea I've just read that somebody popped it on the last boss so I cant deny there not needed with that xD.

I still can't quite believe 2 enemies are missable then in this case. There 'has' to be some hidden Sidequest/PointofInterest somewhere not found yet or something that lets you discover the enemy type again, or perhaps a way to replay the last mission....

I dunno, but I'm going to maintain my hope a little longer yet ;)

Edited by Optinooby

39 minutes ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

Well, the game lists all of the machines in the menu. We can ping @SnowNinjaRaccoon to ask if you want extra confirmation because, according to their trophies, they beat the last boss and then got the scans an hour later. However, seeing as though they got the "killed all types of combat machines" like a minute after getting all the scans suggests that the last machine was one of the machines roaming around the game's world (although it seems like the killing trophy can pop early).

I still think you need the final boss because that is what the evidence points to (along with my experience), but it's always worth investigating all of these things just a little more.

Who is that Raccoon guy? Sounds like a douche.

You need the final boss, it wasn't my last one for the trophy though. I got my last one after finishing the main story in freeroam, think it was a Scorcher or something.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

You need the final boss, it wasn't my last one for the trophy though. I got my last one after finishing the main story in freeroam, think it was a Scorcher or something.

Hmm... he sounds like a decent person to me. 
Thanks for the extra confirmation.

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

Yea I've just read that somebody popped it on the last boss so I cant deny there not needed with that xD.

I still can't quite believe 2 enemies are missable then in this case. There 'has' to be some hidden Sidequest/PointofInterest somewhere not found yet or something that lets you discover the enemy type again, or perhaps a way to replay the last mission....

I dunno, but I'm going to maintain my hope a little longer yet ;)

I won't spoil it, but there's a reason you don't find these enemies anywhere but a few main missions (or see the final boss anywhere other than the final fight). I can see future DLC being centered around the first enemy, but even then, don't expect the last boss to show up anywhere else.

Like I said, I imagine Guerrilla will patch in the ability to replay the final mission, but that's just speculation based on how Zero Dawn was.

Edited by Chaos_Bladez
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

Hmm... he sounds like a decent person to me. 
Thanks for the extra confirmation.

I won't spoil it, but there's a reason you don't find these enemies anywhere but a few main missions (or see the final boss anywhere other than the final fight). I can see future DLC being centered around the first enemy, but even then, don't expect the last boss to show up anywhere else.

Like I said, I imagine Guerrilla will patch in the ability to replay the final mission, but that's just speculation based on how Zero Dawn was.

2 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Gotcha thanks ;)

Yea, if there definitely isn't a way, they gotta patch it in later so you can replay the last mission, surely I would think. Once they hear enough players complain about it maybe.

I was thinking the game may have made a permanent save before last mission so you can replay it sort off, nothing of the sorts in the save list?? Can be easy to miss as would normally be mixed with other saves if a thing.

A few games do this, Kingdom of Amalur being one of the them, it makes a permanent save after the tutorial and before endboss that you can always reload, can't be overwritten!

Edited by Optinooby

On 18/02/2022 at 7:09 PM, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

The Specter enemy ISN'T missable as mentioned in the guide on your Ppyx site.

Think the area was Latopolis, I found those enemies in the area where you do the Death's Door quest

Well assuming the enemies spawn in there afterwards, they spawn deeper in near where you swim through the flooded rooms on the way out.

Ive just done The Eye of the Earth MQ and had a quick look in my machine list, saw it listed there and remember where it was from.

So it's weird how the only thing missable is 1 x enemy, I wonder if that enemy is automatically added to your list AFTER the battle EVEN if you don't scan it???? Happens in some games with very basic missables, RE3 files in the apartment for example that are apparently missable according to a lot of guides, these actually get added to your inventory automatically even if you don't collect them!!

Edited by Optinooby

If you've only just finished the game, then pause -> load game -> reload an autosave from right as the final boss fight starts.

The game keeps multiple autosaves, so you're able to just reload it, do the boss again and you're back where you were but with the scanned machine, not losing anything.

11 hours ago, lolKairu said:

If you've only just finished the game, then pause -> load game -> reload an autosave from right as the final boss fight starts.

The game keeps multiple autosaves, so you're able to just reload it, do the boss again and you're back where you were but with the scanned machine, not losing anything.

Yes, good point. I also did this so let me add this to the main post.

Yea I totally avoided scanning the last boss even though Aloy reminds you to during.

I then went onto scan everything else and trophy didn't pop. I thought u may be able to examine something in your room or go back to the boss area and scan the carcass but no.

Either there is a way to get the scan somehow afterwards or its an oversight and will be patched in down the line. I personally just can't get my head around the fact that this very simple thing is missable considering how everything else works in the game.

Be interesting to see what the Official Guide says, unfortunately that is 6 weeks aways ;(

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/21/2022 at 11:31 PM, Optinooby said:

Yea I totally avoided scanning the last boss even though Aloy reminds you to during.

I then went onto scan everything else and trophy didn't pop. I thought u may be able to examine something in your room or go back to the boss area and scan the carcass but no.

Either there is a way to get the scan somehow afterwards or its an oversight and will be patched in down the line. I personally just can't get my head around the fact that this very simple thing is missable considering how everything else works in the game.

Be interesting to see what the Official Guide says, unfortunately that is 6 weeks aways ;(

It has been patched. Just check the main post!

4 hours ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

It has been patched. Just check the main post!

Oh yea I saw thanks mate, guess the question is how...... I would say now if you don't scan it, the entry gets added to your Notebook automatically, that or it just isn't needed at all now....??

Off-Topic but maybe interesting to yourself as I saw in your OP that you missed only the Grazer: If doing ONLY minimal stuff for platinum, Grazer, Lancehorn, Stalker and Shellsnapper are the only enemies that are not scripted in any of the platinum required content, so it may explain why Grazer was something you were missing!

Edited by Optinooby

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

Oh yea I saw thanks mate, guess the question is how...... I would say now if you don't scan it, the entry gets added to your Notebook automatically, that or it just isn't needed at all now....??

Off-Topic but maybe interesting to yourself as I saw in your OP that you missed only the Grazer: If doing ONLY minimal stuff for platinum, Grazer, Lancehorn, Stalker and Shellsnapper are the only enemies that are not scripted in any of the platinum required content, so it may explain why Grazer was something you were missing!

I saw people saying in the patch notes Reddit thread that they were getting the trophy automatically upon loading their save so I assume it just gives you the scan.

Also I am not doing stuff just for the platinum. I love the game enough to where I am doing everything I can and will naturally get the platinum. But I guess I did skip over the Grazers regardless. 

Also off topic but I was the guy who commented on your YouTube channel about my keyboard not working for the Tormented Souls platinum.

• Like 1