DLC's still available from HK store

Since you can't access PS3 store via the website, you must start KOA on your PS3 using a Hong Kong account.

Go to the Downloadable Content section in the game and you will find the DLC's there.

You need to buy an HK Playstation card to fund your wallet with HK currency.

Pay, download and install your DLC's and you can use them with the US account afterward.

Edited by Great__Cornholio
  • Like 3

On 2/23/2022 at 0:09 AM, Great__Cornholio said:

Since you can't access PS3 store via the website, you must start KOA on your PS3 using a Hong Kong account.

Go to the Downloadable Content section in the game and you will find the DLC's there.

You need to buy an HK Playstation card to fund your wallet with HK currency.

Pay, download and install your DLC's and you can use them with the US account afterward.

Does this work with the EU version too? I've read it doesn't work for EU, only for NA.

27 minutes ago, Great__Cornholio said:

It's the English version so I'm inclined to say it works for at least the NA version. You could always try it with a UK account...

Can confirm, it does not work for the EU version. I had to buy a NA version instead, thank god for PS3 not having regional trophy lists.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Thanks for this step by step guide. I have the digital EU version and a physical copy of the game. Will the HK DLC work with any of those game versions?

I read above that it won’t work with the EU version, but nothing about the physical copy. Just want to make sure because this will be quite expensive if I need to buy the digital US game as well. 

9 minutes ago, Sten_dardo said:

Thanks for this step by step guide. I have the digital EU version and a physical copy of the game. Will the HK DLC work with any of those game versions?

I read above that it won’t work with the EU version, but nothing about the physical copy. Just want to make sure because this will be quite expensive if I need to buy the digital US game as well. 

Physical and digital EU is the same game, it will not work with either. 

• Like 1

So what ive heard they unfortunately dont work. But atleast you can start the dlcs upon reaching level 10 so it shouldnt be that long of a grind.

I have bought the dlcs a while ago to be sure to have them but never came around to get the US version of the game because im not willing to pay such a high price for the digital version (and having money left on my HK account then), but i also dont find any physical ones either.

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply! :)

It's starting to sound less and less attractive to start these DLC's, unfortunately. But at least I know what I'm up for when I decide to get to it, haha.

It's indeed a shame that the digital prices are so high nowadays on the PS3. 

Because i was curious i have looked into this a bit and it is possible to buy a physical US copy simply by changing Amazon to US. You just have to make sure it has "BLUS" imprinted on the disc. It would be 20€ with shipping and taxes when buying from a 3rd party seller. Still better than 30+ for the digital version and having leftover balance on a throwaway account:D

you maybe could check on ebay to find something cheaper or to get rid of shipping costs but again it needs the BLUS on the disc not BLES

i just saw that only on the EU discs there is the BLES imprinted, on the US discs there is nothing

Edited by Namenloser1990
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have went to both the Japanese PSN and Hong Kong PSN store and this game seem to longer be listed.  Search KINGDOM or KINGDOMS the game does not show up, not even when searching for AMALUR.  Shame really, I was hoping to stack this game with the remaster.  Should be fun playing the game twice with trophies popping left and right.

... am I searching it wrong?

EDIT: If I read the OP correctly, we have to pop-in the disc on the PS3 and purchase the DLC via in-game store link?

Edited by Eispan
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/1/2022 at 6:21 AM, petrus_hendrikus said:

Can anyone confirm this still works before I spend money on a US copy?

As I can't find the game nor DLC's in the HK store, I am wondering if you can still get them through the game menu.

I can confirm that today I was able to purchase the DLC using a HK account with a US disc version of the game. I needed to go inside the game and then select "Downloadable Content" to view and purchase the DLCs. Also, I have a US PS3 if that matters.

6 hours ago, LonzoIsDope said:

I can confirm that today I was able to purchase the DLC using a HK account with a US disc version of the game. I needed to go inside the game and then select "Downloadable Content" to view and purchase the DLCs. Also, I have a US PS3 if that matters.

Thanks! I will try to get my hands on a US copy then.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an American disc version and the DLC does not show up in game for purchase? It's available for purchase on the HK store however.  Edit: My version is Canadian north american. I'm assuming the Canadian version does not work. 

Edited by ixcoh

On 17-9-2022 at 1:22 PM, ixcoh said:

I have an American disc version and the DLC does not show up in game for purchase? It's available for purchase on the HK store however.  Edit: My version is Canadian north american. I'm assuming the Canadian version does not work. 

Where do you find it in the store? I can't find it in the HK store at all. I just received my US copy but still can't purchase it ingame either. I hope I'm doing something wrong.

1 hour ago, petrus_hendrikus said:

Where do you find it in the store? I can't find it in the HK store at all. I just received my US copy but still can't purchase it ingame either. I hope I'm doing something wrong.

I just searched kingdoms of amalur on the store page and found it that way, but my US disc does not recognize it from what I can see and nothing appears in the DLC box when I select 'downloadable content'. :| 

1 hour ago, ixcoh said:

I just searched kingdoms of amalur on the store page and found it that way, but my US disc does not recognize it from what I can see and nothing appears in the DLC box when I select 'downloadable content'. :| 

You mean the DLC's are purchasable? In EU store I can buy the game, but not the DLC's. In HK store I can't find either.

I'd find it weird if it would check the PS3-console as well and not only the account.

1 hour ago, petrus_hendrikus said:

You mean the DLC's are purchasable? In EU store I can buy the game, but not the DLC's. In HK store I can't find either.

I'd find it weird if it would check the PS3-console as well and not only the account.

You would need to buy the game on the american store I believe. On the hong kong PS3 store, I search 'kingdoms of amalur' and 10 purchasable dlcs appear. 

8 minutes ago, ixcoh said:

You would need to buy the game on the american store I believe. On the hong kong PS3 store, I search 'kingdoms of amalur' and 10 purchasable dlcs appear. 

OK. Well, I got a physical US copy (it has BLUS on the disc). And I have a HK-account but I don't see the DLC's in the store. So I don't get why you see them, but I don't. Either it checks the PS3 console region or the IP-address as well. The weird thing is, I do see other games on the HK-store. So this means it also does checks per game? Why is this so complicated, I just wanna play and get the trophies of the DLC's. :D

Edited by petrus_hendrikus

2 hours ago, petrus_hendrikus said:

OK. Well, I got a physical US copy (it has BLUS on the disc). And I have a HK-account but I don't see the DLC's in the store. So I don't get why you see them, but I don't. Either it checks the PS3 console region or the IP-address as well. The weird thing is, I do see other games on the HK-store. So this means it also does checks per game? Why is this so complicated, I just wanna play and get the trophies of the DLC's. :D

Yes it's quite frustrating. What BLUS is your disc? It is strange that you do not see the dlc. Is your account definitely from HK?  

Looking at BLUS codes, my american disc is BLUS - 30710 
There's a NA greatest hits version with the BLUS-30710GH 

I wonder if the members finding success previously were instead using the greatest hits version, under a different BLUS even if it is just a difference of GH. 

Edited by ixcoh

6 hours ago, ixcoh said:

Yes it's quite frustrating. What BLUS is your disc? It is strange that you do not see the dlc. Is your account definitely from HK?  

Looking at BLUS codes, my american disc is BLUS - 30710 
There's a NA greatest hits version with the BLUS-30710GH 

I wonder if the members finding success previously were instead using the greatest hits version, under a different BLUS even if it is just a difference of GH. 

I too have the BLUS-30710 version. My account is definitely from HK. I checked to be sure. Also I see HK currency when I check the prices or cart.

You say you searched for "kingdoms of amalur". However, when I search, I have this system where I have to choose a letter from the alphabet. Then I have to choose a 2nd letter, but it only shows the letters that are still "available". I can't enter an entire phrase and press "search". Maybe a difference between console regions? I also tried to delete the store and reinstall it, but to no avail.

For anyone still needing this and having trouble:

Me and ixcoh had some contact directly to exchange some information to try and figure this out. Long story short, we figured I couldn't see or download the DLC because my language (at account settings) was English. If you choose a Chinese/Asian language, you can find them in the store.

However, the DLCs will ONLY show up in the actual game if you choose the 2nd language (first language is English, 2nd and 3rd are Asian). As ixcoh had picked the 3rd language, it didn't show for him. Now we both picked the 2nd language and all the DLCs show up ingame.

Great thanks to ixcoh for helping me with this!

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

I can confirm the Amalur DLCs on HK store is still there as of this date, just need to change the language settings to 2nd on PSN website and voila it appears!

Also I tried buying the DLC from ingame menu store while the language of account is still English and it restarts my PS3 and this happened twice so changing the account settings is the best bet

Edited by joremzi