does anyone know which bosses are mandatory in this game

teeny-cluster4

The vast, vast majority of bosses are optional. The “main path” bosses are pointed to by the light coming from the sites of grace. Those are the ones that will give trophies and advance main story progression.

If you’re just looking to beat the game, it seems likely that you can skip a lot of the main path bosses too. I think you just need to defeat the shardbearer bosses?

Edited by NathanielJohn

There's 5 main main bosses AFAIK but I've not beat the game so I've no idea what happens at the end. Neither do I want to know, and don't spoil it for others if you do. 

The bonfires show you the direction of the main bosses, but I would imagine you'd be very under levelled if you just went straight to every main boss. 

Bosses with cutscenes are mandatory. Stuff in caves and world bosses can be skipped but you're missing out if you do that. 

1 hour ago, Deadvember said:

There's 5 main main bosses AFAIK but I've not beat the game so I've no idea what happens at the end. Neither do I want to know, and don't spoil it for others if you do. 

The bonfires show you the direction of the main bosses, but I would imagine you'd be very under levelled if you just went straight to every main boss. 

Bosses with cutscenes are mandatory. Stuff in caves and world bosses can be skipped but you're missing out if you do that. 

5 main bosses but Margit and Godrick are 1 or 2? Because they're both mandatory, same thing with the Red Wolf and Rennala, do those count as 1 or 2?