“Time Played” is completely off

jord39912

On 6/10/2023 at 8:17 AM, Infernofeuer1 said:

Playtime tracking on ps5 is again buggy, my guess always shortly after a System Update.

It worked so well and accurate the past few months now the disaster is starting again ??

Still working though, just isn't updating immediately. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hello all, the time tracking on PS5 has worked great for me for a good while now. A suspiciously good while now...

Today I've logged on and found that all my games have had an extra hour added to their playtime, so games that were showing 100 hours are now showing 101.

This has happened before, and was corrected a couple of days later, but I just want to check if anyone knows if it is a glitch again or that Sony are now rounding playtime up to the nearest hour as of the most recent system software update.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2023 at 5:39 AM, CameronM1tchell said:

Hello all, the time tracking on PS5 has worked great for me for a good while now. A suspiciously good while now...

Today I've logged on and found that all my games have had an extra hour added to their playtime, so games that were showing 100 hours are now showing 101.

This has happened before, and was corrected a couple of days later, but I just want to check if anyone knows if it is a glitch again or that Sony are now rounding playtime up to the nearest hour as of the most recent system software update.

Yeah, it’s back to being stinky for me as well. Skyrim’s been at 17 hours for like 3 days

Yeah, it's AASF!

My profile says I have played PVZ:GW2 for a total of 5911 hours, when I know for a fact I have clocked in at least 5912 hours. 

I'm really pissed...🤣

Spoiler

The funny thing is i'm totally serious.

Edited by TheDarkKratos
  • Like 2

Depending on some individuals, I think quite a few would be puzzled and/or repulsed by two of the three games that I've played the most on PS4/PS5. 😂 I did notice the time difference flaw though, especially on one game I haven't played in 4 years. At first it said 3776 hours total but now it's down to 3772. Rather odd. 🤔

I've noticed that not only are none of the playtimes for my games updating right now, but my most recently played games aren't updating in my profile or library either.

For example, the last game I apparently played was Yakuza 4 13 days ago... Which is untrue (and I've played it since then), I was last playing Nexomon, but apparently I last played that 18 days ago.

Seems like it's been having issues for nearly 2 weeks now, at least on my end. It's insanely annoying how this issue keeps re-occurring randomly.

Edit: Actually, it seems like the time played and most recently played is just affecting PS4 games for some reason? I started playing a PS5 game for the first time in nearly a month this evening, and its playtime seem to update just fine. Guess I'm doomed to have Yakuza 4's alleged playtime stuck at less than 1 hour played then.

Edited by Raidou Kuzunoha XIV

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone having issues with Persona games? Most of my Persona games and the vast majority of my games in general have pretty accurate time tracking.

When I played Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden last year, it wasn't even close.

P3P says 32 hrs on PS5, but I played the game for around 64 hours (in game tracking).

Persona 4 Golden only says 21 hours, but in-game it's over 50 hours (somewhere around 52-54 I think, but I'd have to pull up the game).

And now Persona 3 Reload stopped accurately tracking. It says about 5 hours on PS5, but in-game it's nearly 8 hours.

Sony clearly doesn't care enough to seriously fix this for most players.