“Time Played” is completely off

jord39912

5 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

However the "friends who play" shows "no one plays this" for every game LOL.

Very trivial considering this feature was added to the PS5 just days ago through the most recent system software update and from what I’ve read it was functional during the beta.

Edited by Dry
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

It was always there. They just changed it a bit.

I must correct myself, you’re right.

Only previously it wasn’t visible outside of viewing a game/product’s store page and you couldn’t go into it and view the friends listed (which you can do on PS4).

Edited by Dry
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Dry said:

I must correct myself, you’re right.

Only previously it wasn’t visible outside of viewing a game/product’s store page and you couldn’t go into it and view the friends listed (which you can do on PS4).

yeah i knew it was there but it was pretty pointless. Friends who own game: 7+. go to click.... oh wait. LOL.

time is fixed tho and i followed a dudes video for the equation:

--------

Hours played total ÷ how long ago 1st trophy earned was. = Answer #1.

Answer # 1 ÷ 365 = Avg play per day (round up if needed)
Avg play time per day:

9047hr ÷ 14 = 671.92 (round up... 672)

672 ÷365 = 1.8hrs a day i spend on average gaming? LOLOLOL 

10 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Not sure why time played is so important to some

In my case, it is because I like statistics. I collect playtime, purchase prices, discounts, and some other data in a spreadsheet that processes the information and spits out various stats and graphs. Accessing the playtime data directly on the console, in one nice list, would be easiest. I fixed the problem by using PS-Timetracker, but I’d still prefer to get accurate data from the system directly instead of having to rely on a third party service.

• Like 1

It's baffling that Nintendo figured this out with the 3DS and Wii U while the other companies can't keep up. Just about the only way Nintendo is ahead of the curve. Unfortunately, Nintendo only shows hours played in increments for your most recent 20 titles on Switch. I would love for them to go back to the 3DS Activity Log or at least the Daily Log of the Wii U. 

The time played on my PS5 has really been screwing up lately. 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2023 at 11:51 PM, Infected Elite said:

Not sure why time played is so important to some..In most cases the in game save file will have play time...

But it seems fixed now. However the "Friends who Play" shows "no one plays this" for every game LOL

It's not that it's "important" because frankly it isn't, but it's more so that this is a feature that regularly breaks and you'd think that Sony would want to ensure a feature on their console works properly, especially now that it's shown more prominently under game tiles on the main dashboard for the player to see right when they log on to their PS5. It's more so just an annoyance for me that when it breaks and I play a game for 20+ hours it can just not even show that I've even played it for more than an hour. This is a feature that should just be tracking automatically on our side anyways. It's always accurate on Switch for example even if they only go by increments of 5 hours (but you can even track the full hours on the Parental Controls Switch app).

It's been working pretty well since the latest firmware update and actually updating immediately so I'm hopeful with the UI changes and backend stuff have sorted out the issues, but we'll see if it lasts. At the end of the day it's not a vital feature by any means, but Sony should absolutely have engineers monitoring PSN features like this to ensure they're working properly because it's a bad look when they let these types of things continually break long term.

Edited by hydruxxo
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So I've posted in this thread a lot recently, but largely the time tracking has been ok of late. For some reason today I have had a single hour deducted from the time played for at least half of my whole library (I keep track with a spreadsheet and pstimetracker), with some games being last played 7 years ago. Has anyone else experienced this? My thoughts are its a change in rounding up/down that's been brought in since they've started displaying play time on the home screen.

EDIT: So GT7 is showing on my home screen as 100h (correct), but when I go into my profile --> games, hours played shows as 99h

Edited by CameronM1tchell
Update

23 hours ago, CameronM1tchell said:

So I've posted in this thread a lot recently, but largely the time tracking has been ok of late. For some reason today I have had a single hour deducted from the time played for at least half of my whole library (I keep track with a spreadsheet and pstimetracker), with some games being last played 7 years ago. Has anyone else experienced this? My thoughts are its a change in rounding up/down that's been brought in since they've started displaying play time on the home screen.

EDIT: So GT7 is showing on my home screen as 100h (correct), but when I go into my profile --> games, hours played shows as 99h

I noticed today that majority of my games have had 1 hour deducted from play time.

This can only be a bug and I hope it fixes itself because the actual games page on the Home Screen says that the played time is different, showing 1 more hour played.

I hate the fact that this feature either never works or when it does, it is so poor that I would rather they just remove it.

My Final Fantasy Crisis Core still shows 5h played despite having platinum and played over 50h.

Edited by Mr_Mondee-
  • Like 1

On 24/03/2023 at 5:54 PM, CameronM1tchell said:

19 hours ago, Mr_Mondee- said:

I noticed today that majority of my games have had 1 hour deducted from play time.

This can only be a bug and I hope it fixes itself because the actual games page on the Home Screen says that the played time is different, showing 1 more hour played.

I hate the fact that this feature either never works or when it does, it is so poor that I would rather they just remove it.

My Final Fantasy Crisis Core still shows 5h played despite having platinum and played over 50h.

Booted up this afternoon and it seems to have been reverted back to normal, indicating that it may have been a bug as Mr_Mondee- said.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Real_Colinio said:

Has the time tracker stopped updating for anyone else on the home screen? When I go to my profile and then games the time is updating correctly but not on the main screen. I noticed this yesterday, very weird.

Mine doesn't usually update until the next time I switch the console on.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Jacko_the_lad said:

Yeah thats how it was for me too but it stopped doing that since last night. It's probably bugged for me then, hopefully it will fix itself.

• Like 2

On 9/5/2023 at 5:59 PM, Real_Colinio said:

Yeah thats how it was for me too but it stopped doing that since last night. It's probably bugged for me then, hopefully it will fix itself.

Have you been able to solve it? The same thing has been happening to me for a couple of days.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Numbius said:

Have you been able to solve it? The same thing has been happening to me for a couple of days.

No it's still not updating. Good to know at least that it's not only happening to me. It will probably fix itself, i don't think there's anything we can do to solve it

• Like 2

On 5/9/2023 at 4:33 PM, Jacko_the_lad said:

This is the same for me. Most of the time for me the time played is accurate. However, sometimes if the game time is inaccurate, it either fixes the time after a day or so or when i switch on the console again.

• 4 weeks later...