Game shut down my PS5?

So midway through the first mission, after I had to restart it because it had soft locked the first time after starting the game, my PS5 completely turns itself off and refuses to turn back on. I’m centering on this game because it’s never ever happened before, and this is also only the second native PS5 disc I’ve actually used, every other has been a PS4 disc. I assume it’s a problem with it being a PS5 disc, but if that’s the case my copy of MK11 may have done it but it didn’t. Is it somehow SM:MM to blame? Is it a game that maybe overworks the system? Was playing on Performance mode but given it’s an option and it’s a powerful console, I didn’t think I’d have to worry about this. Has it happened to anyone else, either on this game, another Ps5 disc, a PS4 disc or a digital game? Do I need to play on fidelity to actually play the game? Any other fixes or troubleshooting I should do? Thanns

• Like 1

The PSU on the ps5 has small ventilation holes that get clogged fairly easily, the best way to deal with it is take it apart and clean it, which also voids warranty. but you can also get an electric air duster in the 500w power range and deal with it pretty easily just by firing air into the back, at the bottom near where you plug in the power cable. 

a can of compressed air / vacuum cleaner won't cut it.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84

25 minutes ago, Man of Inaction said:

Try blowing the dust out of it.

If the issue is truly a "dusty console", you're better off using an electronics vacuum rather than compressed air (or blowing on it like a caveman).

5 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

The PSU on the ps5 has small ventilation holes that get clogged fairly easily, the best way to deal with it is take it apart and clean it, which also voids warranty.

Good advice and note that taking devices apart does not void warranties in the US. Other countries laws may vary. 

how long have you had your ps5? mine has tons of space around it (closest wall is 2.5 feet) Is standing up. Has nothing above it. Just my TV and series x by it.

i had it since launch and it only shut down once one Black Ops Cold War which at that time there were reports of that game doing this.

I havent had any issues really.

7 hours ago, Helyx said:

If the issue is truly a "dusty console", you're better off using an electronics vacuum rather than compressed air (or blowing on it like a caveman).

Lol. I actually did the caveman thing the first time. I was overheating and coming on the forums talking about a newly released game crashing my console. Then it started to be almost every game crashing my console. Then, I just happened to touch that screw on the bottom that holds the stand to the console and it was HOT! So I took the plastic covers of and blew on the console "like a caveman" and got a lot of dust out. I waited a bit for it to cool down and then resumed play. NO MORE CRASHING! I've cleaned it more thoroughly since then, but blowing it out was enough initially.