PS4 to PS5 autopop

33 minutes ago, Slydez_Lampard said:

I transfer my saved data (I have 100%) from ps4 to ps5 but when I load my character and do miscellaneous trophies nothing is popping whatever like find a legendary weapon on melee someone in the overworld, anyone know why I can’t get trophies on the ps5 version?

The cross-save system for this franchise is notoriously buggy and unreliable but in this case, TTW shares the same save file glitching bugs that BL3 does so unfortunately, your only option is to delete all your saves and redo the game from scratch :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

finally figured the autopop problem. so yes, there is a built in local save feature if you played the PS4 version on the PS5. so you can still upload your character using the PS4 game's built in upload save feature, but you'll have to delete your local "PS4" save if you are playing on PS5, because it prioritizes the local save. and if it loads the local save, it treats it as everything already done and popped, so it wont pop again.

So I deleted the local PS4 save files, loaded up the PS5 version used the game's download save feature and it autopopped everything that would've autopopped as people earlier discussed. EDIT: All DLC trophies autopopped (beating each DLC once, and beating final boss at highest difficulty)

so you'll probably need to redo some specific side quests (actually all the side quests cause that didn't pop either). the X amount of gold ones, the chaos related ones (one run and levels), and 3,000 loot luck

Edited by TTENDER
more trophies autopopped with updated save
  • Like 1

so for anyone trying to start the double stack for this game, definitely do PS4 stack first. then make sure to have backup saves before:

getting 100,000 gold

getting 1,000,000 gold
having 3,000 total loot luck
completing each of the side quests that give trophies (Walk the Stalk, Trial of Crooked-Eye Phil, and The Ditcher all did not autopop for me, but also make one for The Slayer of Vorcanar, just in case)
completing all sidequests

completing a Chaos Chamber run

Chaos level 10

Chaos level 20

It might also help to upload these saves from an actual PS4 instead of your PS5, that way you don't have to load, delete, on both versions of the game. That should make your PS5 journey that much quicker.

Edited by TTENDER
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...

I replayed the base game over instead of taking a chance with glitchy auto-pops. It was easy if you save several "Goblin Repellent" pistols from your PS4 play through and roll with those broken guns.

After the plat, I uploaded ps4 save/character and it auto-popped the DLC trophies. "Thank God"

• 8 months later...
On 3/25/2022 at 9:08 AM, Hirnforscher said:

The official FAQ says:

Q: Will Tiny Tina's Wonderlands support cross-gen saves?

A: Tiny Tina's Wonderlands allows you to transfer a save file from PlayStation®4 to PlayStation®5; once transferred, this process cannot be reversed and the save file will no longer be accessible on PlayStation®4.

Q: Are there separate Trophies or Achievements for current-gen consoles versus new-gen consoles?

A: No, the same Trophies and Achievements exist on both current and new-gen consoles. Your Trophies/Achievements from current-gen will transfer to new-gen platforms within the same console family.

But we'll surely have to see how it really works in the end ?

couldnt you just save your ps4 save to a usb drive or cloud before transfering so you dont lose it lol

14 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

Couldn't you just save your ps4 save to a USB drive or cloud before transferring so you don't lose it lol?

The only save that gets wiped, is the one in the cross-save cloud, the local file stays right where it is - the same applies to all of the Borderlands games.

16 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The only save that gets wiped, is the one in the cross-save cloud, the local file stays right where it is - the same applies to all of the Borderlands games.

True, but I have noticed that if your profile holds the trophy requirements as attained, they won't pop even if the new game is right there with the old save file.

Haven't played Tiny Tina but this was my case with BL3. Only thing that fixed it was wiping the transfer save completely and starting with just 1 new save file.

Not sure this is a general problem, so I can't guarantee it, but this is what happened to me

6 minutes ago, colia100 said:

True, but I have noticed that if your profile holds the trophy requirements as attained, they won't pop even if the new game is right there with the old save file.

Haven't played Tiny Tina but this was my case with BL3. Only thing that fixed it was wiping the transfer save completely and starting with just 1 new save file.

Not sure this is a general problem, so I can't guarantee it, but this is what happened to me

BL3 and TTW share the same trophy issues when using cross-save so the only way to fix them, is to delete everything and start over entirely from scratch on the PS5 :(. None of the other BL games have this problem, it's purely an issue with BL3 and TTW.

• Like 1