I don't recommend to start this list now

VirtualNight

The way they are giving out Episode wins (Sweet Thieves, Tip Toe Tournament, other special events),  Race wins (Tip Toe Tournament, etc.), and even Infallible (Sweet Thieves), it would not surprise me if they purposely offered Legendary items before the May 9th cutoff.

Especially considering how many people who have contacted customer support begging for it.  They’ve also done special giveaways (outside the shop) which might count for this.

• Like 2

It is great from them to bring back these game modes to allow people from getting the win related trophies.

However, on top of the calculations of @VirtualNight (really nicely putting it to perspective!), you will also have to buy a total of 50 cosmetics in the shop. During completion of the season pass you will get quite some ingame money, but after that it is restrained to grinding normal rounds to ramp it up (or top it up for real money). With the increased legendary rates - items that are quite expensive either paying in Kudos or Crowns - you will have to play a ton to make it before the list is closed.

So in my opinion if you already played the game its a good time to finish it, but starting now is really a bad idea.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, djb5f said:

The way they are giving out Episode wins (Sweet Thieves, Tip Toe Tournament, other special events),  Race wins (Tip Toe Tournament, etc.), and even Infallible (Sweet Thieves), it would not surprise me if they purposely offered Legendary items before the May 9th cutoff.

Especially considering how many people who have contacted customer support begging for it.  They’ve also done special giveaways (outside the shop) which might count for this.

Sweet Thieves is coming back because people liked the game mode itself, and not for the Infallible reason. Season 6 barely offered new contents, so that new game mode brought several people back.

Tip Toe wasn't featured for awhile so it's returnal was fair enough.

Special giveaways will most likely not happen anymore before the closure, they are already giving that pink shark to every ps player that starts the new launcher. Amazon prime ones have always been top/bottom I think, and they should not happen again before the closure.

I really can't imagine any developer who would bother to make big changes in favour of a minority such as trophy hunters, although they surely popped trophies for people who could not unlock them after fullfilling the requirements. Anybody who wants to risk is free to do so, there will always be someone starting during the last day anyway.

And yes, I completely forgot the 50 items to buy mentioned by @ICY_Jack, at some point it will be mathematically impossible to get 50. The prices can greatly vary from 1,000 to 10,000 kudos, or from 1 to 5 crowns.

The current season rewards may cover 2-3 days of daily purchases so it won't make much difference.

28 minutes ago, VirtualNight said:

Sweet Thieves is coming back because people liked the game mode itself, and not for the Infallible reason. Season 6 barely offered new contents, so that new game mode brought several people back.

Tip Toe wasn't featured for awhile so it's returnal was fair enough.

Special giveaways will most likely not happen anymore before the closure, they are already giving that pink shark to every ps player that starts the new launcher. Amazon prime ones have always been top/bottom I think, and they should not happen again before the closure.

I really can't imagine any developer who would bother to make big changes in favour of a minority such as trophy hunters, although they surely popped trophies for people who could not unlock them after fullfilling the requirements. Anybody who wants to risk is free to do so, there will always be someone starting during the last day anyway.

And yes, I completely forgot the 50 items to buy mentioned by @ICY_Jack, at some point it will be mathematically impossible to get 50. The prices can greatly vary from 1,000 to 10,000 kudos, or from 1 to 5 crowns.

The current season rewards may cover 2-3 days of daily purchases so it won't make much difference.

Oh, you are correct, I wouldn’t count on a legendary giveaway (or as a featured item in the shop), but I wouldn’t be shocked by it either.  Especially with all of the questions they are getting these days by people confused on the launcher going away and many of those wanting trophies and requesting legendary items appear.    

Remember all the noise on Infallible helped them create modes that made it easier.  You could argue that they were going to do that anyway (perhaps) but it is easy enough to code it so that mini-game special events are not eligible.  But they threw out a bone to the vocal minority.

But for the topic (full of good info btw), I don’t think hardly anyone is starting this game for the first time now.  It is 99% people trying to finish off what they already begun.

Edited by djb5f

21 minutes ago, StickyGlueFTW said:

I’m in the same boat as you. 

I've been checking the store for two weeks and nothing, we have 45 days until a legendary color appears. It would be extremely frustrating if this doesn't happen. The odds are not in our favor, we have 800 items and only 10 legendary colors.

I ended up spending real money on costume packs and kudos packs when they were available. I got 50 purchases this morning. I managed to get a custom celebration earlier this week.

Even then, I'm nervous about getting the legendary color/pattern. I hope Mediatonic doesn't screw trophy hunters over; this is even after I voiced my concern to their support chat.

• Like 1