Trophies unlocking but not popping up on PS5

ScorpioOfShadows

Hello,

After the recent console firmware update i noticed something strange when playing games.

The trophies are unlocking but they are not popping up anymore if i unlock around 3 trophies at the same time.

Take for example Burger Break: if i collect many upgrades, the trophies are unlocking but not popping up or i finish a level and unlock 3 trophies they do not pop up, but they unlock.
I have had this issue so far with 3 different games, from different publishers. Also, i tried on 2 accounts.

Does anyone know if there is a setting somewhere that disabled the trophies pop ups for when you unlock 3 or more trophies at the same time?

Thank you.

Edited by ScorpioOfShadows
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I had this when I autopopped GTA5, only one trophy popped up on the screen but I unlocked them all. I could not find a setting anywhere. Following this thread for ideas as I want a ceremony full of trophies not just one ?

7 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

I had this when I autopopped GTA5, only one trophy popped up on the screen but I unlocked them all. I could not find a setting anywhere. Following this thread for ideas as I want a ceremony full of trophies not just one ?

There's another thread similar to this, but it's the other way around. ?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

same thing just happened tom me when i completed shadow of tomb raider on the hardest difficulty, it only showed me getting the trophy for completing the game and after that the platinum. None of the difficulty related trophies showed up, but when i checked the trophy list they were all unlocked. Hope this is not some new feature of the ps5.

• Like 1

As said before, you can change the settings in ps5 in what or when trophies pop, the default option is that it captures screenshot of every trophy and video of the platinum, so i suggest you check that out because it can take a bunch of memory space if you dont take care of that.

• 2 months later...

Well now I'm looking for an answer to this as well... on PS5 for me (so far, didn't test other consoles).

Never encountered missing notifications before, but suddenly today, in 3x games back to back... no trophy notifications at all (and I've earned about 10x). In: RE:Verse, Aliens: Fireteam Elite, Sword of Ditto. Was working as recently as last night, but not today.

All trophies are being aquired in the background accurately, unlocked correctly with screenshots. Partial tracking progress is working on trophies that show % to completion. Just no pop up when earned, but there is a silent notification if I look it up in the list.

All notifications of other types are working (download/installs, etc).

All relevant notification are ON. I'm not in 'do not disturb' mode on my notifications quick access. I tried rebooting, and changing users, and toggling all relevant settings. Nothing.

I repeated a couple simple trophies on a sub-account with same the settings, and it worked!! Popped instantly.

But they won't pop up on my main account profile at all today.

At first I thought it was an issue with 2x cross-play games, but that's not the case, because the 3rd game I tested was single player.

I began pinning a couple to track the issue as I earned them, and noticed that on the pinned trophy sidebar (PS5), it's taking a good 15-30+ seconds to process once earned, then unpinning a few seconds later. That's much slower than normal, as that's usually all instantaneous. Tried that on 2x. The screenshots once processed are correct in terms of timing, but something is clearly now lagging in the process.

(I assume its not happening on my sub-account, because there's a lot less earned to sync? My guess.)

Anyways, I'm stumped!

Edited by Pencils
Added test case info

Update - This morning my notifications list is being spammed multiple time with the message:

'Notifications during games - While you're gaming, we'll hide all pop-ups except these: Game invitations, Trophies, Messages, Voice chat, plus a few other game-related pop-ups'

4x times within as many minutes and more. I did nothing, so evidently a bug, and most likely related. More messages every time I move between home screen, activity cards, trophy list, etc.

These messages started spamming when my issue began.

Also, I can't see the card (or whatever it's called for pinned trophies)... after removing the PS Tips card from my live dashboard. Compounding issues, feeling related.

Activity cards of the game I'm in won't show in the control center when in a game either, only from home, under the game title.

So, I just cleared the PS5 system cache, and rebuilt database from a safe boot...

The Trophies card w/ pinned trophies is back, and the Pro Tips card I'd previously removed.

Seemingly my notifications have ceased spamming (so far). Will let that ride today and see if above fixed it?

Edited by Pencils
Spacing

On 27/03/2022 at 1:26 PM, ScorpioOfShadows said:

Hello,

After the recent console firmware update i noticed something strange when playing games.

The trophies are unlocking but they are not popping up anymore if i unlock around 3 trophies at the same time.

Take for example Burger Break: if i collect many upgrades, the trophies are unlocking but not popping up or i finish a level and unlock 3 trophies they do not pop up, but they unlock.
I have had this issue so far with 3 different games, from different publishers. Also, i tried on 2 accounts.

Does anyone know if there is a setting somewhere that disabled the trophies pop ups for when you unlock 3 or more trophies at the same time?

Thank you.

Happened to me as-well for sims 4, thought they didn’t unlock but then I checked my trophies and they were achieved 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pencils said:

Update - This morning my notifications list is being spammed multiple time with the message:

'Notifications during games - While you're gaming, we'll hide all pop-ups except these: Game invitations, Trophies, Messages, Voice chat, plus a few other game-related pop-ups'

4x times within as many minutes and more. I did nothing, so evidently a bug, and most likely related. More messages every time I move between home screen, activity cards, trophy list, etc.

These messages started spamming when my issue began.

Also, I can't see the card (or whatever it's called for pinned trophies)... after removing the PS Tips card from my live dashboard. Compounding issues, feeling related.

Activity cards of the game I'm in won't show in the control center when in a game either, only from home, under the game title.

So, I just cleared the PS5 system cache, and rebuilt database from a safe boot...

The Trophies card w/ pinned trophies is back, and the Pro Tips card I'd previously removed.

Seemingly my notifications have ceased spamming (so far). Will let that ride today and see if above fixed it?

My issue is resolved, so far (including the other symptoms), on my next trophy earned after...

(Via safe mode boot-up)

Clear system cache

and/or

Rebuild database

Not sure which did it in the end, or why it started acting up in the first place.

Edited by Pencils
Spelling

I had this same issue a couple of days ago while playing "The Medium" on PS5. It was running smoothly and every trophy was popping normally until the back half of the game and nothing was popping after. I had around 5-8 trophies that didn't pop at all but were still being tracked and unlocking in my notifications. I ended up restarting my PS5 and the last couple of trophies I earned popped normally. This is the first time I've ever encountered this bug, but it was definitely annoying. Luckily it didn't fuck up any of my timestamps though, hopefully Sony gets this sorted soon. 

12 hours ago, Pencils said:

My issue is resolved, so far (including the other symptoms), on my next trophy earned after...

(Via safe mode boot-up)

Clear system cache

and/or

Rebuild database

Not sure which did it in the end, or why it started acting up in the first place.

Hi, man Im glad Im not the only one having this issue, looking online I didn't find anybody with the same problem but you have exactly described the issue Im facing with the "notifications during games" notification appearing everytime I launch a game and then trophies aren't popping up when I unlock them.

I have also like you cleared the cache and rebuilt the database, I thought as well that the issue was fixed but the "notification during games" notification started to appear again ?

I don't know what to do now, I've contacted the playstation support and after telling them that the solutions above didn't work they told me that at this point I should do a system reset of the console ? seems a bit extreme to me. I hope the issue will be fixed in the next update at least...

Ok so for anyone having this issue I have found a temporary fix until Sony decides to patch it someday.

The trick is simple : if you launch a game and receive the "notification during games" notification with the crossed bell symbol, just log out and log back to your PSN account, it fixes the issue for me, it seems like the effects last until you turn off the PS5.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/11/2022 at 4:39 PM, Radamenthe44 said:

Ok so for anyone having this issue I have found a temporary fix until Sony decides to patch it someday.

The trick is simple : if you launch a game and receive the "notification during games" notification with the crossed bell symbol, just log out and log back to your PSN account, it fixes the issue for me, it seems like the effects last until you turn off the PS5.

Good to know... I will try this first the next time it creeps up.

The 2nd time this issues has resurfaced, I resolved it again by clearing the system re-cache (but not rebuilding database this time).

On 02/11/2022 at 7:29 AM, Radamenthe44 said:

Hi, man Im glad Im not the only one having this issue, looking online I didn't find anybody with the same problem but you have exactly described the issue Im facing with the "notifications during games" notification appearing everytime I launch a game and then trophies aren't popping up when I unlock them.

I have also like you cleared the cache and rebuilt the database, I thought as well that the issue was fixed but the "notification during games" notification started to appear again 1f62c.png

I don't know what to do now, I've contacted the playstation support and after telling them that the solutions above didn't work they told me that at this point I should do a system reset of the console 1f628.png seems a bit extreme to me. I hope the issue will be fixed in the next update at least...

How long was it before the issue returned for you?

My issue returned 2x weeks later, easily seen by the notification spam again. I'd been watching for it each session.

Clearing the system cache alone re-resolved it this time, though obviously only temporarily. Easy enough to do though, as long as it's not an every day occurrence...

As the other post mentions, hopefully simply logging off/on also alerts it? Would be great. Will try it next time first, and update here if it also worked for me.

If one or both methods work reliably, I wouldn't reset the system as this is a minor inconvenience (and I'm guessing VERY likely to return in any case).

Edited by Pencils
Added first line

On 15/11/2022 at 5:46 AM, Pencils said:

Good to know... I will try this first the next time it creeps up.

The 2nd time this issues has resurfaced, I resolved it again by clearing the system re-cache (but not rebuilding database this time).

How long was it before the issue returned for you?

My issue returned 2x weeks later, easily seen by the notification spam again. I'd been watching for it each session.

Clearing the system cache alone re-resolved it this time, though obviously only temporarily. Easy enough to do though, as long as it's not an every day occurrence...

As the other post mentions, hopefully simply logging off/on also alerts it? Would be great. Will try it next time first, and update here if it also worked for me.

If one or both methods work reliably, I wouldn't reset the system as this is a minor inconvenience (and I'm guessing VERY likely to return in any case).

The issue resurfaced almost immediately like the next day, so far the disconnecting reconnecting have worked wonderfully.

Mine lasted only 1x week this time... last time 2x.

Logging out of my profile and back in again also works for me, confirmed. Simpler than clearing the cache from safe boot.

Note that simply switching between other users on my system did not work. The problematic account has to properly log off.

• 3 months later...
On 6.5.2022 at 9:25 AM, Z1MZUM said:

There is a "Do not disturb" option in notifications, I'm guessing you've already seen this? Otherwise I really don't know.

I dont have anything like that in my notifications, i dont know what u have then

Only what is showing popping to me is Platinum even i have still got all other ones too ofc(i have turned off screenshot from all trophies) 

Edited by BlackScytche

On 2/25/2023 at 9:04 AM, BlackScytche said:

I dont have anything like that in my notifications, i dont know what u have then

Only what is showing popping to me is Platinum even i have still got all other ones too ofc(i have turned off screenshot from all trophies) 

This was a while ago now