Only Solo and Host, do not Join

Thought i would just warn people to stick to either doing runs solo or hosting themselves.  Don't bother joining other people because they will wait and kick you, as you are about to finish the mission.  And with no ability to report abusers or even challenge being kicked, you just wasted your time for 1/4 of what you would have received.  Basically until the drop pod is called theirs no protection from the host booting you at any moment.  So, unless you wanna be frustrated with idiots, I would just recommend solo runs or being the host so the fun game experience is not soured by people that love to screw over other players.

Well, when you spend 20 mins collecting all the stuff on the map.  Just to be kicked second before the pod is called, you get "Salty".  And people should be warned. If you didn't have as much of bad experience woopdy doo, but others should be warned especially since its an easy way to severely ruin an otherwise fun game.  Plus the devs have made it clear they won't deal with it so, people must be warned, less they too fall into blackhole of hate and despair.

• Like 3

Well I got the plat I don't know how many hours I  played the games but easily 300+ hr , and I never host ( except for that spcific trophy) 

I haven't been kicked mid mission not even once so it certainly sucks and I guess you're unlikely tends to join trolls for somereson and I feel you brother but that not my experience at all try to find people to play with as this game is far better with a group or yeah just host and control the lobby ..... happy grinding .

• Like 1

Playing solo will always be faster unless you're in a coordinated group.

On PS4, load times are quadrupled when playing online, there's also a bug that crashes your game during co-op missions, if it happens to the host, the mission fails.

When playing solo, there's far fewer enemies, your framerate is higher, crashes are rare & you're accompanied by Bosco! 

If you b-line the main/secondary objectives, the average mission takes 15-20 minutes.

Edited by Grample_Gust
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/4/2022 at 5:53 AM, HuntingFever said:

I had virtually no problems playing with other people when going for the online trophies and on the rare occasion I did end up playing with a-holes (either when hosting or dropping into random games), I just found another lobby and moved on. Most of the randoms in this game are decent people in my experience but there will be always be a few bad apples that sour the experience for others, though all you can do is make a note of their names and avoid playing with them in future.

Also, you could just do private games with friends instead of public ones with randoms.

I am in agreeance with you, that it is not a common occurrence to get booted right before the drop pod. What is the significance? Resources are not split. Seems to probably be just a one-off thing. However, the OP is right that it happens. But, it happens in every game and is, unfortunately, part of gaming online. I haven't had any crashes as stated by @Grample_Gust but I am sure it happens. A warning that you will get kicked right before you get to exit the map is nice but not warranted. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

I am in agreeance with you, that it is not a common occurrence to get booted right before the drop pod. What is the significance? Resources are not split. Seems to probably be just a one-off thing. However, the OP is right that it happens. But, it happens in every game and is, unfortunately, part of gaming online. I haven't had any crashes as stated by @Grample_Gust but I am sure it happens. A warning that you will get kicked right before you get to exit the map is nice but not warranted. 

Yeah it seems that the OP had one of those extremely rare albeit unfortunate encounters with a troll/toxic player in this game and it turned them off of it. Although rare, I can understand where he’s coming from. When I started DRG I played solo for the first 20 missions or so, but when I started trying the online co-op I ran into a toxic player in one of my very first games. I’m not sure if I did some horribly noobish thing to annoy him or if he was just a dick, but he kept killing me repeatedly as I was trying to make my way to the drop pod. Other players would come by and revive me and he would do it again and again.

I ran some Reddit searches out of curiosity and found some consensus that some people in the community look down on greenbeards and can be really nasty towards them, but I honestly think this kind of thing is an anomaly, at least here on PlayStation. In all the dozens of hours I’ve put into DRG since, I’ve had nothing but amazing experiences with amazing people. And the vast majority of people I’ve played with have been far, far above my level and skills - silver/gold ranked players etc. The worst thing that has happened is the occasional boot from the server immediately upon joining, but they usually state their reasons for this and I just move on to the next one. But even this is very rare.

In general I’ve found other players in this game tend to be incredibly patient, encouraging, and instructive, especially compared to other online shooter games, and it has made the online play a wonderful experience. Believe me, early on I’ve been that guy (more than once) who gets in way over his head and has to be carried and revived by my teammates like 20 times in one match, but everyone was always eager to help me get back in the action. As a result I’ve promoted a few classes now and am easily holding my own with high ranked players in most games now. No doubt it won’t be long before I’m doing Haz 4/5s and Deep Dives on the regular. ?

In a way this situation is rather tragic for OP as I’m generally in agreement with everyone here that the DRG community is actually one of the least toxic online gaming communities I’ve personally seen. It would be a damn shame to walk away from this awesome game just because you had one or two bad encounters at the start of your journey. Give it a chance and the community really will surprise you! This game truly is all about teamwork and cooperation, and most people realize that and play accordingly.

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 3