Pure Bladestone Drop Rates

TheSlyGCooper

Hey guys, I've been killing the 4-2 hidden path dual katana skeleton all day in pure black tendency and still haven't gotten a pure bladestone drop. I've heard the black phantom (red) dual katana skeleton in 4-3 has a slightly better drop rate, but I'm able to kill the hidden path one 4 times in the amount of time it takes to run, kill the black phantom one and come back from the Nexus. Should I just keep killing the hidden path one or does the higher drop rate (supposedly) of the other one make up for the longer run?

46 minutes ago, TheSlyGCooper said:

Hey guys, I've been killing the 4-2 hidden path dual katana skeleton all day in pure black tendency and still haven't gotten a pure bladestone drop. I've heard the black phantom (red) dual katana skeleton in 4-3 has a slightly better drop rate, but I'm able to kill the hidden path one 4 times in the amount of time it takes to run, kill the black phantom one and come back from the Nexus. Should I just keep killing the hidden path one or does the higher drop rate (supposedly) of the other one make up for the longer run?

The hidden path skeleton in 4-2 definitely drops pure bladestone and is far easier to farm than the other one. I would backstab it, hit it again to kill it then jump off the cliff and repeat.

The US version took me 1 hour to farm.

The EU version took me 3 hours to farm.

The AS version took me 6 hours to farm.

Its very luck based and i have heard people taking upwards of 24 hours farming the item.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AnOrdinaryBloke said:

The hidden path skeleton in 4-2 definitely drops pure bladestone and is far easier to farm than the other one. I would backstab it, hit it again to kill it then jump off the cliff and repeat.

The US version took me 1 hour to farm.

The EU version took me 3 hours to farm.

The AS version took me 6 hours to farm.

Its very luck based and i have heard people taking upwards of 24 hours farming the item.

Damn, you got pretty lucky with the drops, lol. Thanks for the reply. Been at it for 6ish hours. Guess I'll just keep pushing. 

• Like 1

It’s a painful grind. I did the one outside of the Adjudicator’s boss room, took me a few hours on Pure Black World Tendency. I was in disbelief when it actually dropped.

Also you don’t need to return to the Nexus each run, just re-select the area you’re in to refresh it. 

1 minute ago, Sonic204 said:

It’s a painful grind. I did the one outside of the Adjudicator’s boss room, took me a few hours on Pure Black World Tendency. I was in disbelief when it actually dropped.

Also you don’t need to return to the Nexus each run, just re-select the area you’re in to refresh it. 

How do you re-select the area? When I interact with the 'bonfire' it just asks if I want to go back to the Nexus. I'm playing the PS3 version. 

1 minute ago, TheSlyGCooper said:

How do you re-select the area? When I interact with the 'bonfire' it just asks if I want to go back to the Nexus. I'm playing the PS3 version. 

If you jump off the cliff after killing the black skeleton behind the hidden wall it will always spawn you back at the bonfire at the start of 4-2. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheSlyGCooper said:

Oh, I think that's only a PS5 remake thing. Sorry about that. Yeah, that sounds even more tedious.

3 minutes ago, AnOrdinaryBloke said:

If you jump off the cliff after killing the black skeleton behind the hidden wall it will always spawn you back at the bonfire at the start of 4-2. 

Yeah, that's how I've been doing it. I meant if you farm the 4-3 Skeleton you have to go back to the Nexus since dying puts you at the 4-2 archstone. 

I've spent dozens of hours across all 3 regions of Demon's Souls farming Pure Bladestone. 4-2 is my go-to for all the reasons stated above, and the drop rate is pretty bad. The most important thing (after having Pure Black WT) is to make sure your Luck is as low as possible (7 on Royal class) and never use item discovery equipment like the Large Sword of Searching.

I found Pure Bladestone after about 8 hours on NA version, 12 hours on EU and about 2 hours on AS.

I'll tell you what happened with me. Take it with a grain of salt as I'm not sure if it relates anyway with the game's code, but it's what I can say from my experience.

When I was going for the plat, I've heard these Pure Bladestones were very difficult to get, so I've duped tons of the best souls in order to put lots of levels into the Luck stat. Then, I've spent hours without a single Pure Bladestone dropping from the Dual Katana dude. I thought something was wrong and after googling, I've found someone online with the same problem. He also did the same when duping tons of souls in "Luck".

Then, before giving it up, I've tried to make a new save file, occasionally investing a few levels in "Luck". Everything was pretty quick and straightforward, as I knew where I had to go. When I got to the Dual Katana Skeletons, my first Pure Bladestone dropped after ~8 tries. Not sure if your problem could be similar with mine, but maybe you could try a new save file as a last resort (or even ask someone to drop it for you online, not sure if it works).

2 hours ago, Helyx said:

I've spent dozens of hours across all 3 regions of Demon's Souls farming Pure Bladestone. 4-2 is my go-to for all the reasons stated above, and the drop rate is pretty bad. The most important thing (after having Pure Black WT) is to make sure your Luck is as low as possible (7 on Royal class) and never use item discovery equipment like the Large Sword of Searching.

I found Pure Bladestone after about 8 hours on NA version, 12 hours on EU and about 2 hours on AS.

Finally managed to get the drop after 8 hours of farming. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

You absolutely, positively need PBWT.  Took me about an hour, just over an hour, I think. 

Pure darkmoonstone, while not as bad as pure bladestone, is also very rare and quite difficult to get.  Again, PBWT.  Got a pure darkmoonstone first try right after I got the pure bladestone.

Edit: My luck stat is very high.  I read opposing things about that whether it helps, hurts or has no effect on getting the pure bladestone or any other rare items.  I really don't know.  Just sharing that I do have a pretty high luck stat and you definitely have to have PBWT.  That's all. 

Edited by Spider-Man916

• 6 months later...

I killed the Black Skeleton in 4-1 for roughly 5 hours while having probably PBWT (i suiceded at least 6 times). My luck is at 10. No Pure Bladestone. But a lot of time wasted due to running past the other enemies.

Then i sucided two more times, killed the Black Skeleton in the Hidden Passage 4-2 and found a Pure Bladestone after 30 mins. No enemies in my path, much better.

I play the ps3 version.

Worst part done regarding weapon upgrades.