Regarding the PS5 upgrade

Will it have a separate trophy list?

Will it only apply to the digital version of the game? Or will disc owners be able to redeem the PS5 upgrade for free and play the game as long as the disc is inserted in their PS5 consoles?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Yes it will be separate I've never seen a PS5 game together with other versions. The PS store will say you have a free version upgrade whenever it releases. The disc version should automatically have the new version once its released.

Edited by gamercris066
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, gamercris066 said:

Yes it will be separate I've never seen a PS5 game together with other versions. The PS store will say you have a free version upgrade whenever it releases. The disc version should automatically have the new version once its released.

I tried to find something on the web about a separate trophy list and a free upgrade for disc version to confirm this but I couldn't find anything official. 

You're best bet for how it will be handled is to see how CDPR has handled their Cyberpunk next gen release. Will most likely be the same, so I'm expecting a seperature trophy list like usual, and hopefully they do save file transfer as well.

That being said, I just booted up the game and hopefully before the ps5 version is released I'll have this one completed and platted and maybe just do ng+ for that one

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how CDPR handled upgrading the digital version of Cyberpunk 2077, but for my physical disc, all I had to do was put the PS4 disc into the PS5 console. A prompt appeared notifying me there was an upgrade available and did I want to download it? I pressed X and everything else was taken care of by PSN and the software. Whenever I want to play CP2077, the disc must be inserted in the PS5, but that's easy enough. I'm guessing it will be the same for people who own physical discs of Witcher 3 (PS4).

I doubt it matters to anyone, but I haven't played CP2077 on this account yet, so the game won't be on this PSN Profile card.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
28 minutes ago, FocusDR said:

Is this still happening? It’s been talked about for some time now

Should be coming later this year, last I heard. 

As everyone above has said, I imagine it will be a separate trophy list and you would be able to get the upgrade no matter whether you are a physical or digital owner.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, happyman778 said:

Should be coming later this year, last I heard. 

As everyone above has said, I imagine it will be a separate trophy list and you would be able to get the upgrade no matter whether you are a physical or digital owner.

18 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

It's been delayed for months. Saber Interactive was working on the port but CDPR decided to finish it in-house following the War in Ukraine.

A few days ago, during a strategy call, CDPR apparently said the current gen versions would still arrive this year.

Okay thanks. I didn’t click that well with the game, too many items to craft just a lot going on. But I am looking forward to giving this another go, think I’ll watch some guides and tutorials before I play so I can utilise all aspects of the game properly.