Is Platinum Unattainable?

1 hour ago, nivasan6 said:

I decided to just wait for a patch. Completed the race a few more times and still no medal. One of my runs I opted to place third in qualifying overall and hope the Top Qualifier objective would be completed, but that did not work. I even enabled tyre/fuel consumption, limited tyre sets, brake temperature, and damage; funny thing is only brake temperature seemed to be enabled during the race. Worst case scenario would be to buy the PS5 physical copy and play it unpatched. I am playing the free upgrade via the PS4 disc.

@TOTENTANZ_77

@Mystic_Snake

Thank you both for providing links and helpful experiences.

You’re welcome! I had all options disabled in career mode, that is not the reason of the problem. For the „Holy Trifecta“ Trophy you could give it try by setting up a custom race. Make sure you having 15 opponents, so with you included it should be 16 cars. 

28 minutes ago, TOTENTANZ_77 said:

You’re welcome! I had all options disabled in career mode, that is not the reason of the problem. For the „Holy Trifecta“ Trophy you could give it try by setting up a custom race. Make sure you having 15 opponents, so with you included it should be 16 cars. 

Holy Trifecta was one of the early trophies I got. I was trying a bunch of combinations to see if the endurance race would award a medal hoping I would encounter a beneficial bug/glitch. For example when I got Leader of the Pack it popped during the start of a sprint race when I was on pole right when the lights turned green.

I managed to get the long en short career trophies a few months ago but now, going for the medium career post v1.8 it doesn’t work anymore.

I've tried it online and it was bugged, no medal after the endurance race at Monza.

I have restarted the medium career. Raced online the first season en first test of the second season. Overall gold medal.
I had way less gamecrashes than pre 1.8.8.4, which is good of course and I managed to get the 'best of the best' trophy.

Made a cloudsave.

The good news ends here

As suggested I continued offline for the comlete first endurance event in Monza. PS5 disconnected from the internet.
With, u
nfortunately once again, the same result, Although I came first in practice, the 3 qualification sessions and the race no points for pole position, no medal en overall medal dropped to silver.

At least this time I have a cloudsave just before the indurance events, but the 'Tour' trophy is the last one I need so I guess I have to wait for another patch.

Although I see people getting the career trophies so I don't get it any more.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

New update is out, but the endurance races are still glitched. I completed Monza again with Online Stats and Rating set to Multiplayer Only and still did not receive a medal. 

There is no Special Event either. The only one available on PS5 is now no longer showing up.

https://support.505games.com/hc/en-us/articles/7943789075356-Assetto-Corsa-Competizione-Console-v1-8-9-1-Patch-Notes-2023-March-2-

10 hours ago, nivasan6 said:

New update is out, but the endurance races are still glitched. I completed Monza again with Online Stats and Rating set to Multiplayer Only and still did not receive a medal. 

There is no Special Event either. The only one available on PS5 is now no longer showing up.

https://support.505games.com/hc/en-us/articles/7943789075356-Assetto-Corsa-Competizione-Console-v1-8-9-1-Patch-Notes-2023-March-2-

True... I also try and no points after Paul Ricard Endurance race in carrer. Think this was my last try on this broken game.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2023-03-02 at 5:25 PM, nivasan6 said:

Still even now, the special event is not available on PS5. Let's hope for the next update, which should be the version 1.9, the special event will come back.

On 2023-03-03 at 3:44 AM, VirNeves said:

True... I also try and no points after Paul Ricard Endurance race in carrer. Think this was my last try on this broken game.

Yes I can confirm that you get none as medal with the latest version of the game. I could get the gold medal with the disc version which is 1.7.6.1. So currently, the version 1.8.11.1 doesn't allow to get gold medal on any endurance race from the career mode. I update often my progress on the career mode on this topic: 

On 2023-03-06 at 5:12 AM, Joepelus said:

Too bad this game is buggy as hell, looking forward for a nice racer to plat after GT7 but since this is unattainable I will not buy it.

Even if a matter of trophies, this is really buggy, the game is fantastic in term of feeling and driving and the graphics are really excellent. I have great sensation of driving with a controller and I tried with my old steering wheel and it was great also. This game is so much better than the original.

On 2023-04-12 at 4:59 AM, Dark_Orb said:

I see that nobody was able to earn "Special" since February 2023 (1 year after the first earners of this trophy). 

Perhaps that was the end of special events? Or does anyone know if special events are planned for the future?

I think there is a thread about it on the official forum but not news yet: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/acc-not-work-special-event-on-ps5.72517/

Let's just hope the special events will come back or else, the platinum will be forever unobtainable but even so, I do my best to get all the trophy as much as I can because I love this game.

On 2023-04-12 at 5:03 AM, sidawg2 said:

They’ll probably put more in in the next update. Sadly few and far between though

The latest version 1.9 was released recently on PC. So maybe in august/September from what I read on their Twitter. 

Here the list of all patch for consoles: https://support.505games.com/hc/en-us/sections/360005275719-Assetto-Corsa-Competizione-PC-PS5-XsX-S-

On 2023-04-12 at 6:54 PM, Swo-Big said:

Yea special events don't even show up, I'm just now seeing where this game is all kinds of bugged up, sucks I really want to plat it

Yes that's sad about it because there was no explanation about why they removed the special events. 

So because of that, the platinum is still not obtainable.

• 4 weeks later...

It the online on ACC fixed so that the event  you need for a trophy is available?

Edit: And is leader of the Pack now obtainable on patched digital versions?

I'm just finishing up the stack on the AC Ultimate Edition, and the plan was to start this, but now I became aware of all the bugs, and don't know if it's even doable on digital versions. Can anyone confirm if the plat is obtainable on the digital ps4 and ps5 versions?

If not obtainable on digital versions, is the plat possible with a physical disk version.

It's so frigging annoying the broke the game, borderline frustrating.

Edited by CabDK

On 2023-05-28 at 7:36 AM, CabDK said:

It the online on ACC fixed so that the event  you need for a trophy is available?

Edit: And is leader of the Pack now obtainable on patched digital versions?

I'm just finishing up the stack on the AC Ultimate Edition, and the plan was to start this, but now I became aware of all the bugs, and don't know if it's even doable on digital versions. Can anyone confirm if the plat is obtainable on the digital ps4 and ps5 versions?

If not obtainable on digital versions, is the plat possible with a physical disk version.

It's so frigging annoying the broke the game, borderline frustrating.

Hi, congratulations by getting the plat of AC! Really amazing and really good skills achievements there! Back then, I tried but too hard for me and felt like the game was old. I highly prefer playing ACC, really much better and more easier!

I got the trophy Leader of the pack from the digital version but got it randomly without knowing how I did it. But I can try to do it on my second account where I test my games and some trophies to confirm again if the trophy is obtainable. 

Be aware, at the moment, the platinum is not obtainable for two reasons:

1. The special event is currently not available so the trophy Special is not obtainable unfortunately. The last event available was like four months ago on the Imola track and I didn't have the DLC.
  2. With the latest digital version, it's impossible to get the gold medal on the endurance races from the career mode. You have to own the physical version (1.7.6.1) to be able to get the gold medal. All other event are obtainable with the digital version. More info from this thread : 

The PS4 version seems more bugged related to achieve trophies but I'm not sure and I only play the game on the PS5 version. And I think the trophies can be stackable but it's also glitchy so you should read about it. 

So to be honest, don't attempt to get the platinum on both versions unless you wanna have headaches. The PS5 version seems more stable but having the physical version is definitely mandatory if you wanna get the platinum at the moment. But even so, the special event is still unavailable so we don't know yet when the developers will release a new special event. It's remind me a bit the events from Project Cars ?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mystic_Snake said:

Hi, congratulations by getting the plat of AC! Really amazing and really good skills achievements there! Back then, I tried but too hard for me and felt like the game was old. I highly prefer playing ACC, really much better and more easier!

I got the trophy Leader of the pack from the digital version but got it randomly without knowing how I did it. But I can try to do it on my second account where I test my games and some trophies to confirm again if the trophy is obtainable. 

Be aware, at the moment, the platinum is not obtainable for two reasons:

1. The special event is currently not available so the trophy Special is not obtainable unfortunately. The last event available was like four months ago on the Imola track and I didn't have the DLC.
  2. With the latest digital version, it's impossible to get the gold medal on the endurance races from the career mode. You have to own the physical version (1.7.6.1) to be able to get the gold medal. All other event are obtainable with the digital version. More info from this thread : 

The PS4 version seems more bugged related to achieve trophies but I'm not sure and I only play the game on the PS5 version. And I think the trophies can be stackable but it's also glitchy so you should read about it. 

So to be honest, don't attempt to get the platinum on both versions unless you wanna have headaches. The PS5 version seems more stable but having the physical version is definitely mandatory if you wanna get the platinum at the moment. But even so, the special event is still unavailable so we don't know yet when the developers will release a new special event. It's remind me a bit the events from Project Cars 1f602.png

Thank you so much for your detailed answer, it was just what I needed. To bad I already own the two digital versions, guess I'll have to buy a physical ps5 disc copy. I will wait until I'm sure the online event will return tho, I can just pop that on digital version if it becomes available. I can't believe it has been unavailable for four months.

Once again thank you for your answer, it's very much appreciated.

Edit: And thank you for the congratulations.

P.S. I'm going to contact the devs, although that's probably been done a 100 times already. I will post an update if I learn anything new.

/Cheers

Edited by CabDK
  • Like 2

On 2023-05-30 at 6:01 AM, CabDK said:

Thank you so much for your detailed answer, it was just what I needed. To bad I already own the two digital versions, guess I'll have to buy a physical ps5 disc copy. I will wait until I'm sure the online event will return tho, I can just pop that on digital version if it becomes available. I can't believe it has been unavailable for four months.

Once again thank you for your answer, it's very much appreciated.

Edit: And thank you for the congratulations.

P.S. I'm going to contact the devs, although that's probably been done a 100 times already. I will post an update if I learn anything new.

/Cheers

You're welcome! I hope I can get the platinum and write a trophy guide about it. You should be able to find the physical PS5 version in a cheap price but indeed, you should wait until the special event is back because the platinum is not obtainable right now like I said. While waiting, you should start another game for your backlog that is not glitchy as ACC ?

I will do the same but you can report a bug directly from this link: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/acc-console/

Also, it's useful to check the officiel forum of the game to post about any problem or solution: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?forums/acc-ps4-ps5-xb1-xbx-s-general-discussions.91/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mystic_Snake said:

I will do the same but you can report a bug directly from this link: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/acc-console/

Yep that is the link I used, submitted one for each platform PS4, PS4 Pro and PS5 ?

And yes I will wait and see what happens, I'm going to start Dirt Rally 2.0 instead. I just really want those extremely rare ACC plats, crossing my fingers it will get sorted, I don't mind buying a physical copy, but it won't fix the "Special" trophy unfortunately.

Edited by CabDK

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023-06-07 at 1:43 PM, CabDK said:

It looks like the special events are back on the PC version with patch V1.9.3

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/assetto-corsa-competizione-online-special-events.59014/page-13

Good news then but unfortunately, this is 505 games who takes care of the console version and not Kunos Simulazioni, so it might take a while before they will release a new patch on consoles.

But at least, they don't have a choice to follow the release of the PC version.

This is the only thing which block to get the platinum on the consoles version.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, cdinissantos said:

I received a email from Kunos Simulazioni with subject: save the date - Somethin unexpected here

Version 1.9 it will arrived in 27th June for PS5 and Xbox X|S and the latest DLC 2023 GT World Challenge Pack.

Great news, hopefully it will fix all the issues. Thank you for the update.

Edit: Nothing on the PS4 version?

Edited by CabDK

17 hours ago, CabDK said:

Great news, hopefully it will fix all the issues. Thank you for the update.

Edit: Nothing on the PS4 version?

Let´s wait, if they fixed all the issues is good news :D

The email don't refer anything about PS4, maybe is only for the atual generation of consoles.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2023 at 6:00 PM, The___Sandman said:

It is possible to get the career trophies on the digital PS5 version by completing the career on the PS4 and transferring the save to the PS5 then press resume 

Yeah that's why it would be nice if the PS4 version was fixed too.

On 20-6-2023 at 6:04 PM, cdinissantos said:

I received a email from Kunos Simulazioni with subject: save the date - Somethin unexpected here

Version 1.9 it will arrived in 27th June for PS5 and Xbox X|S and the latest DLC 2023 GT World Challenge Pack.

Let's hope tomorrow won't disappoint.