Is Platinum Unattainable?

11 hours ago, The___Sandman said:

So the PS5 update is out and no special events have been added and no update for the PS4 version today 

I can confirm that there is still no new special event after this last patch. It's weird because with the new DLC, I would have expected them to have a new special event related to the DLC like last time but it's not. Maybe we need to be more patient and hope they will release a new special event. 

6 hours ago, Gooboid said:

It’s a shame this is unobtainable as there’s a lack of quality driving titles on PS5 really

I would say that ACC on PS5 is amazing and has always been but in term of trophies, 505 games is doing a poor job to fix these issues and the ones from the career mode. By the way, I will not try it but I was wondering if we can now obtain a gold medal during the endurance races with this latest patch because with the previous one, it was impossible. 

Because I'm doing the long career mode, I will just continue playing with the disc version, which is 1.7.6.1 and get the gold medal for the second half of the career mode. 

• Like 3

On 28/06/2023 at 4:54 AM, Mystic_Snake said:

Because I'm doing the long career mode, I will just continue playing with the disc version, which is 1.7.6.1 and get the gold medal for the second half of the career mode. 

I started this version a few days ago & thankfully was able to pop the long career when I resumed the results screen so I'll have to redo the other careers & might test it out sometime to see if it works.

20 hours ago, CabDK said:

Still no Special Events?

Edit: Did not see last post from Mystic, it's so wierd the Special Events did not get fixed.

I read in the discord that the devs are having trouble with putting in special events for all consoles.

20 hours ago, Destructor-8 said:

I read in the discord that the devs are having trouble with putting in special events for all consoles.

Ok that's good news, not all hope is lost that it will get fixed eventually.

Edited by CabDK

On 30/06/2023 at 1:09 PM, Destructor-8 said:

I started this version a few days ago & thankfully was able to pop the long career when I resumed the results screen so I'll have to redo the other careers & might test it out sometime to see if it works.

It works in 1.9? or 1.7 disc version?

2 hours ago, cdinissantos said:

It works in 1.9? or 1.7 disc version?

I was playing the ps5 on the latest version but I already had the long career done from the ps4 version so when I load it up on ps5 I was able to resume the career at the results screen. I know a few others here such as @Mystic_Snake have been doing it on the latest version although apparently you have to downgrade it for endurance races.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Still no special events, so I made an inquiry today. They actually replied within 1,5 hours!

I asked:

"Everytime I log into the special events menu it says no events available. The screen says special events are added about every month, but it has been like this for the four months since I first started the game. Previous events don't show either. When can new special events on PS5 be expected?"

And their answer:

"Hi Baron Bonk,

Thank you for contacting 505 Games Support. Rest assured when a special event is available, you'll see it within that menu.

If you're worried about missing one, you can reinstall your game to clear any possible cache errors on your game install. 

Luis A.

505 Games Support"

So, not a really clear answer, nor ruling out that an event will be added in the future. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/21/2023 at 9:06 PM, Baron_Bonk said:

Still no special events, so I made an inquiry today. They actually replied within 1,5 hours!

I asked:

"Everytime I log into the special events menu it says no events available. The screen says special events are added about every month, but it has been like this for the four months since I first started the game. Previous events don't show either. When can new special events on PS5 be expected?"

And their answer:

"Hi Baron Bonk,

Thank you for contacting 505 Games Support. Rest assured when a special event is available, you'll see it within that menu.

If you're worried about missing one, you can reinstall your game to clear any possible cache errors on your game install. 

Luis A.

505 Games Support"

So, not a really clear answer, nor ruling out that an event will be added in the future. 

Pretty much the same as the answer I got from the same guy months ago.

"

Luis A. (505 Games)

Jun 5, 2023, 09:42 PDT

Thank you for contacting 505 Games Customer Support. I am sorry that you're having an issue with our game and really appreciate you taking the time to share your honest feedback.

Rest assured I'll make a note of and report your feedback.

Let me know if there is anything else that we can try to help you with. Otherwise, I'd like to close this ticket at this time. 

-Luis A.

505 Games Support

"

I think it's clear by now they don't care and it will never be fixed.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just to update the topic that the platinum is obtainable only on the PS5 version cause the special events are finally back after 10 months.

The special events on the PS4 version are still unavailable and seems there is no support anymore on this version.

I took an screenshot of the special events menu on the PS5 version :

spacer.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Joepelus said:

Never played this game before, would it be wise to start playing it now? Will I achieve issues getting the platinum?

Any bugged trophies or online / event dependant trophies I should get out earliest?

The PS4 version is unPlatable because the devs refuse to add more special events but the PS5 version is Platable for now, though do note the devs keep breaking certain trophies and have to fix them. Also, there is at least 1 online only trophy but I'm not sure what it is.

37 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The PS4 version is unPlatable because the devs refuse to add more special events but the PS5 version is Platable for now, though do note the devs keep breaking certain trophies and have to fix them. Also, there is at least 1 online only trophy but I'm not sure what it is.

It would have been perfect if the developers put a permanent special event on the PS4 version, named "Farewell" or so, stating the end of support for the PS4 version and making that event the final and permanent one until the server closure... (much like the permanent Challenge of the Week for MLB The Show 16 which included David Ortiz vs. Jacob deGrom until the server closure)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

I have a PS5, what trophies should I do first? I'm a decent driver but mostly played GT7 and F1 games.

Online trophies:

Better with friends - Take part in a multiplayer race

Special - Get on a special event leaderboard (better get it done ASAP now there are finally special events again, for the first time since february this year).

And it is said the following are or might also be online connection depended:

In the club - Achieve Bronze driver category

A step up the ladder - Achieve Silver driver category

Gold standard - Achieve Gold driver category

Best of the best - Achieve Platinum driver category

Top 1% - Achieve a session Consistency Rating of 99 (NB: very difficult to acquire)

On trueachievements.com there is a proper guide on achieving platinum driver rating, but be aware that you will be on it for a (long) while.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2023 at 3:35 AM, Joepelus said:

Never played this game before, would it be wise to start playing it now? Will I achieve issues getting the platinum?

Any bugged trophies or online / event dependant trophies I should get out earliest?

Yes it's really recommended to play the game now because of the online trophy "Special Event". Indeed, the developers finally released an event after 10 months since last year in February. We don't know how long the special event will be still available.

I had to wait that long before getting the platinum. 

There are some bugged trophies such as "Lap The Field", this is the only one I remember.

Anyway, I'm working on a trophy guide for this game but be patient because it needs time and precision to explain everything especially for the trophies related to the category driver. 

One more thing, on the PS5 version, the endurance races from the career mode are still bugged, so you can't get the gold medal with the latest patch. You really have to get a physical version and play with the original patch. 

On 12/21/2023 at 7:07 AM, Joepelus said:

I have a PS5, what trophies should I do first? I'm a decent driver but mostly played GT7 and F1 games.

I consider myself as an average driver on racing games. So if I could get the platinum on this game, you can do it. But it's not a piece of cake, it will need patience, effort and a lot of practice. But it's more easier than the online trophies from GT Sport for example and I couldn't get them, cause the trophies are essentially from the career mode. 

On 12/21/2023 at 7:47 AM, OBSTINATIO said:

You should get a decent wheel first, I would say. 

Yes having a wheel will help and do better lap times but I played the game with the controller and I enjoyed it a lot, the feeling of the gameplay was amazing personally. It's doable with a controller. 

On 12/21/2023 at 9:14 AM, Joepelus said:

I have the Thrustmaster T248 which is decent I guess :) Did some iRacing with it aswell but couldn't justify the cost of it to myself as I don't have that much time lol

You should be really fine with this then. 

On 12/23/2023 at 11:22 AM, Baron_Bonk said:

Online trophies:

Better with friends - Take part in a multiplayer race

Special - Get on a special event leaderboard (better get it done ASAP now there are finally special events again, for the first time since february this year).

And it is said the following are or might also be online connection depended:

In the club - Achieve Bronze driver category

A step up the ladder - Achieve Silver driver category

Gold standard - Achieve Gold driver category

Best of the best - Achieve Platinum driver category

Top 1% - Achieve a session Consistency Rating of 99 (NB: very difficult to acquire)

On trueachievements.com there is a proper guide on achieving platinum driver rating, but be aware that you will be on it for a (long) while.

I will check if all trophy related to the driver category need online connection cause even if the statistics are saved on the server, I think you can still progress your statistics locally.

For the last trophy, there is a topic for that but don't need online connection but will confirm that.

On 12/23/2023 at 4:10 PM, Smashguy said:

I am hard of hearing (hearing aids) so it would be nice if you guys call on the phone for making the special events available on PS4 version. 

Here's the image below:

https://ibb.co/Wy3XFBM

I have also hearing aids but can have a call on the phone. But regarding the special events on the PS4 version, I think but not sure, have to check on the officiel forum of the game, that the developers might have mentioned that they will not support he PS4 version anymore. 

• Like 1