Question about boosting

I know you have to be in the same region to match up but a thought occured to me so figured I'd ask

Can you just go into the settings and manually change your region/ state so your set to whatever region your wanting to connect with at the time? I know people do it to access other regions ps store

Turn off crossplay and bring a full survive with friends then try to queue the same time to run into each other than you can start boosting once you find the boosting killer.

Edited by gamercris066

1 hour ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I know you have to be in the same region to match up but a thought occured to me so figured I'd ask

Can you just go into the settings and manually change your region/ state so your set to whatever region your wanting to connect with at the time? I know people do it to access other regions ps store

Firstly, find someone who is both on the same console and the same region as yourself. You cannot pair with people that are not from your region, so if you intend to boost, you must find someone who is in the same area. Countries with low traffic are Australia and Oceania, and it's been proven that using a VPN to pair with the dead traffic zones will make it infinitely easier for you to pair and boost with others in the same zone (and this is the only way to truly be considered a change of regions). As it turns out, NA East / PS4 is the worst zone to be in, given how high traffic it is unless it's during the witching hours. Mileage may vary, but I hope this is somewhat insightful.

I recall Xbox having an easier time with region switching, but unfortunately doesn't let us do that via the console itself. It's entirely position reliant.

Edited by Vermilion_Joker

• 3 months later...

I consider starting this game and have been documenting a bit about it. I might be able to boost difficult or tedious trophies singlehandedly with a friend of mine because we total 2 PS5 and 3 PS4. I just don't know how doable or realistic this would be, and I have a few questions.

1) If crossplay is disabled in the options, can PS4 and PS5 players still invite each other ? I did read the above bit about being same console / same region, but I assume this only applies to the matchmaking of the killer and the survivor host. So my question is : can the survivor host INVITE other survivors in his party even if they don't use the same console, while crossplay is off ?

2) From your own experience, how hard is it to actually find each other ? Any tips ?

3) Do all players, including killer, get the possibility to keep playing with each other at the end of a match ?

4) I didn't even know it was possible to install a VPN on a PS5 before reading this thread, and it has me greatly interested. Any further feedback regarding its practical use for DBD would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by JeManquedHygiene

On 9/27/2022 at 0:55 AM, JeManquedHygiene said:

I consider starting this game and have been documenting a bit about it. I might be able to boost difficult or tedious trophies singlehandedly with a friend of mine because we total 2 PS5 and 3 PS4. I just don't know how doable or realistic this would be, and I have a few questions.

1) If crossplay is disabled in the options, can PS4 and PS5 players still invite each other ? I did read the above bit about being same console / same region, but I assume this only applies to the matchmaking of the killer and the survivor host. So my question is : can the survivor host INVITE other survivors in his party even if they don't use the same console, while crossplay is off ?

2) From your own experience, how hard is it to actually find each other ? Any tips ?

3) Do all players, including killer, get the possibility to keep playing with each other at the end of a match ?

4) I didn't even know it was possible to install a VPN on a PS5 before reading this thread, and it has me greatly interested. Any further feedback regarding its practical use for DBD would be greatly appreciated.

1. You can still invite PS4 or PS5 players to fill in the survivor lobby. not sure about other platforms (xbox or PC), but most likely you can't. The xplay only applies to killer and survivor host (both has to be same "platform" - PS4 with original PS4 or PS4 version on PS5, PS5 with PS5 only)

2. PS5 matchmaking is much easier than PS4 since not many people play with xplay off on PS5. Try to boost during early morning or late night for better chances. Also, sometimes the game won't match even if the server is empty due to MMR, keep switching the killers.

3. No, you have to search again after each match

Hope these helps.

Edited by henricuz
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, henricuz said:

1. You can still invite PS4 or PS5 players to fill in the survivor lobby. not sure about other platforms (xbox or PC), but most likely you can't. The xplay only applies to killer and survivor host (both has to be same "platform" - PS4 with original PS4 or PS4 version on PS5, PS5 with PS5 only)

2. PS5 matchmaking is much easier than PS4 since not many people play with xplay off on PS5. Try to boost during early morning or late night for better chances. Also, sometimes the game won't match even if the server is empty due to MMR, keep switching the killers.

3. No, you have to search again after each match

Hope these helps.

It does, thanks a lot.