Is the platinum too difficult?

Hey guys, I just bought the bundle and I wanted to start it since it reminds me a lot of Valkyrie Profile and I'm craving it, the guide mentions that the trophies are simple but the rarity here shows otherwise so my question, is the game hard or buggy? Any feedback or tips would be appreciated, thanks advance.

Nope, the platinum isn't really difficult.  I think the rarity comes from a combination of the game being on PS+ and a lot of the trophies being highly missable, however there is a fantastic text guide over on playstationtrophies.org that I followed when going for this.  

16 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

Nope, the platinum isn't really difficult.  I think the rarity comes from a combination of the game being on PS+ and a lot of the trophies being highly missable, however there is a fantastic text guide over on playstationtrophies.org that I followed when going for this.  

Oh I didn't know the game was on plus at some point, I found the text guide and it does seem pretty complete but I don't really like following step by step guides, the game seems short and I wanted to experience it blind first then mop the remaining trophies with the help of a guide, think that might work?

19 minutes ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

It's nothing really like valkyrie profile. It's battle system has a bit of a learning curve and early on you'll be pitted against hard enemies and it has a requirement where you have to complete a full run without dying. So it can be very challenging.

I mean the battles and the 2D RPG aspect reminded me a lot of it.

21 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Oh I didn't know the game was on plus at some point, I found the text guide and it does seem pretty complete but I don't really like following step by step guides, the game seems short and I wanted to experience it blind first then mop the remaining trophies with the help of a guide, think that might work?

You should be fine. Flames of Rebellion is still in my backlog, but I played Sins of the Empire at launch (if you pre-ordered 1 you got both games for the price of 1) and I got the plat totally blind in about 30 hours. Both games have roughly the same trophy list so if you do a blind playthrough and then use a guide to clean up it should be significantly faster than my time.

I forget the specifics considering the game is 5 years old now (time flies) but I distinctly remember the game not being that well balanced and all my NG+ playthroughs were pretty fast because I was so OP I could basically button mash my way through the game. Your equipment doesn't carry over, but a bunch of other stuff does that made playthroughs past the first really fast and easy imo.

I platted Flames of Rebellion and Sins of an Empire back to back. Flames with a guide and Sins without, I learned how the choices generally lead to differing outcomes from following the guide. Both ended up being three playthroughs. The combat takes some getting used to but is really fun once you get used to it.

The trophy percentages on the rarer end for this game are far lower than they have any right being, I'm guessing because it's a niche JRPG that was on PS+ at some point.

• 3 weeks later...

Since I notice players here have platinum both versions of the game, I have a weird question to ask:
If you got the PS+ version of Flames of Rebellion, does that mean you can have access to Sins of an Empire too for free?
Or is the latest locked, somehow and still have to be purchased separately (or pick bundle)?