Project Platinum: Final Fantasy

Rebourne07

Small update here after getting the plat for Chocobo Dungeon (which was hell at the end).  I have Crisis Core, just haven't started it yet.  Still no PS5 so all of those are still unobtainable for me even though I own the PS5 versions of everything needed.

• Final Fantasy VII HD
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade
    • INTERmission DLC
  • Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  • Final Fantasy IX HD
  • Final Fantasy X Remastered
  • Final Fantasy X-2 Remastered
  • Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIV [PS4]
  • Final Fantasy XIV [PS5]
    • Heavensward DLC
    • Stormblood DLC
    • Shadowbringers DLC
    • Shadowbrings: Death Unto Dawn DLC
    • Endwalker DLC
    • Endwalker: Newfound Adventure DLC
    • Endwalker: Buried Memory DLC
    • Endwalker: Gods Revel, Lands Tremble
  • Final Fantasy XV
    • Episode Gladiolus DLC
    • Episode Prompto DLC
    • July 2017 Update DLC
    • Comrades DLC
    • Episode Ignis DLC
    • Royal Pack DLC
    • Comrades March 2018 Update DLC
    • Episode Ardyn DLC
  • A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV
  • Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades
    • December 2018 Update DLC
    • March 2019 Update DLC
  • Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV
  • Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Free Edition
  • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin [PS4]
    • Trials of the Dragon King DLC
    • Wanderer of the Rift DLC
  • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin [PS5]
  • Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
  • World of Final Fantasy
  • Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion [PS4]
  • Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion [PS5]
  • Chocobo Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy (NEW)
  • Crystal Defenders
  • Fortune Street: Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary

Mana

• Adventures of Mana
  • Secret of Mana
  • Trials of Mana
  • Legend of Mana

On 6/1/2022 at 11:20 AM, Rebourne07 said:

@SkullRobot Good to hear from you man! Glad to see you're still at it! You just earned the Close Enough badge for completing all FF games in the optional category :) Good luck on getting that PS5 friend, hopefully this year is the year since PS5s are more in stock now! 

3 hours ago, Squarevii87 said:

Yesterday i completed FF crisis core,can you update my games?

Yeah man no problem. I don’t track each persons games and badges though, I do it on a post by post basis so please post the games you have done and indicate which ones are new and if the new games make you eligible for a rank up or new badge just mention that and I’ll update the leaderboards, thanks! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Yeah man no problem. I don’t track each persons games and badges though, I do it on a post by post basis so please post the games you have done and indicate which ones are new and if the new games make you eligible for a rank up or new badge just mention that and I’ll update the leaderboards, thanks! 

I don't think I'm eligible for a rank up

Maybe when ff pixel remaster comes up with 6 platinums perhaps?

So in the future I will write down my games

Thanks anyway

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Squarevii87 said:

I don't think I'm eligible for a rank up

Maybe when ff pixel remaster comes up with 6 platinums perhaps1f914.png

So in the future I will write down my games

Thanks anyway

Haha, dude! I hadn’t thought of it, but that’s right! Platinuming all 1-6 will be an automatic rank up for everybody except gold lol 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, viech54 said:

Will the requirements for the ranks increase as more games get released? The pixel remasters are 6 new games at once, that's a lot.

I’m not sure yet. I don’t think so. I’d have to recalculate the whole existing leaderboard, plus 20 platinums / completions for gold is still a ton, even if you choose for 6 of those to be 1-6. I’m assuming they will be minimum 30hrs each so still a hefty effort. Though this question has come up a lot lately so never say never. 

4 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

I’m not sure yet. I don’t think so. I’d have to recalculate the whole existing leaderboard, plus 20 platinums / completions for gold is still a ton, even if you choose for 6 of those to be 1-6. I’m assuming they will be minimum 30hrs each so still a hefty effort. Though this question has come up a lot lately so never say never. 

Well, it's also about accessibility, I think. At least that's the impression I got when you introduced the Emerald, Ruby, and Sapphire tiers, it was so that more players feel encouraged to join this even if they don't have 10+ games completed yet. That would change, then. Not sure how much higher the requirements would be, but they'd be higher.

That said, it'd also feel strange to me to get gold tier with 20 games and the total number of games being close to 40. This makes gold tier less valuable to me as there's a huge gap between gold and platinum. That should be the case to a degree, I think it's good the way it is right now with 10 additional games and all DLCs being required to get to platinum from gold. We're currently at 30 games in this Project Platinum, the pixel remasters will add 6 games and FF XVI another one, pushing the number to 37. 17 games + DLCs feels too much of a gap between gold and platinum. Maybe that's just me, though.

It'd also be an option to add another tier between gold and platinum, gold+ or something. Not trying to force a change, though, I'm glad it exists in the first place, so thanks for all the time you spend on this.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, viech54 said:

Well, it's also about accessibility, I think. At least that's the impression I got when you introduced the Emerald, Ruby, and Sapphire tiers, it was so that more players feel encouraged to join this even if they don't have 10+ games completed yet. That would change, then. Not sure how much higher the requirements would be, but they'd be higher.

That said, it'd also feel strange to me to get gold tier with 20 games and the total number of games being close to 40. This makes gold tier less valuable to me as there's a huge gap between gold and platinum. That should be the case to a degree, I think it's good the way it is right now with 10 additional games and all DLCs being required to get to platinum from gold. We're currently at 30 games in this Project Platinum, the pixel remasters will add 6 games and FF XVI another one, pushing the number to 37. 17 games + DLCs feels too much of a gap between gold and platinum. Maybe that's just me, though.

It'd also be an option to add another tier between gold and platinum, gold+ or something. Not trying to force a change, though, I'm glad it exists in the first place, so thanks for all the time you spend on this.

I think the tier between Gold and Platinum would be best. I really like that idea. Not sure what to call it yet, but yeah maybe once the total approaches 40 we can add a tier for 30+. Good idea!

2 hours ago, viech54 said:

Also think a new tier is a good idea, even 2 tiers can be justified, having 40 games without dlcs and with dlcs is a huge gap in it's own

Any way the new tier can be called Crystal or Diamond or something

(By the way you forgot to count Theatrhythm)

• Like 2

I'd like to join please :D
I already bought most Final Fantasy games so I guess I'll get platinum in them eventually. Some games I'm absolutely not interested in, and I won't autopop any of these games. I might consider replaying a game though if it gets a PS5 upgrade or Remaster after I got platinum/100% (still waiting for a FF13 Trilogy Remaster! ?)  I prefer the PS5 version over the PS4 version any time if available.

So far I have 8 completed Final Fantasy games, and 7 Kingdom Hearts games for the badge ?

green - platinum/100% | orange - started | blue - owned | red - not owned but interested | purple - not interested

Final Fantasy:

• Final Fantasy VII HD
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade
    • INTERmission DLC
  • Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  • Final Fantasy IX HD
  • Final Fantasy X Remastered
  • Final Fantasy X-2 Remastered
  • Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIV [PS4]
  • Final Fantasy XIV [PS5]
    • Heavensward DLC
    • Stormblood DLC
    • Shadowbringers DLC
    • Shadowbrings: Death Unto Dawn DLC
    • Endwalker DLC
    • Endwalker: Newfound Adventure DLC
    • Endwalker: Buried Memory DLC
    • Endwalker: Gods Revel, Lands Tremble DLC
  • Final Fantasy XV
    • Episode Gladiolus DLC
    • Episode Prompto DLC
    • July 2017 Update DLC
    • Comrades DLC
    • Episode Ignis DLC
    • Royal Pack DLC
    • Comrades March 2018 Update DLC
    • Episode Ardyn DLC
  • A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV
  • Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades
    • December 2018 Update DLC
    • March 2019 Update DLC
  • Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV
  • Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Free Edition
  • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin [PS4]
  • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin [PS5]
  • Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
  • World of Final Fantasy
  • Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion [PS4]
  • Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion [PS5]
  • Chocobo Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy
  • Crystal Defenders

Kingdom Hearts:

• Kingdom Hearts [PS4]
  • Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories [PS4]
  • Kingdom Hearts 2 [PS4]
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep [PS4]
  • Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
  • Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth By Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage
  • Kingdom Hearts 3
  •  ----> Kingdom Hearts 3 Re Mind DLC
  • Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory

Mana Series:

• Adventure of Mana
  • Secret of Mana
  • Trials of Mana
  • Legend of Mana
Edited by PraiseTheFluppi

14 hours ago, oYazmat said:

Also think a new tier is a good idea, even 2 tiers can be justified, having 40 games without dlcs and with dlcs is a huge gap in it's own

Any way the new tier can be called Crystal or Diamond or something

(By the way you forgot to count Theatrhythm)

Love the names Diamond and Crystal. I think I might make 30 Diamond and 40 Crystal once there's 41+. Thanks @viech54 and @oYazmat 

On 6/1/2022 at 11:20 AM, Rebourne07 said:

@PraiseTheFluppi Congrats on Sapphire tier and 2 badges!! 

• Like 2

I just started the Dissidia NT Free Edition. There are only four characters available to me right now. I wanted to get all character level 10 titles, but that might not be a good idea if I only have four characters. Or do I get more characters in the Free Edition somehow? What titles would you recommend?

1 hour ago, viech54 said:

I just started the Dissidia NT Free Edition. There are only four characters available to me right now. I wanted to get all character level 10 titles, but that might not be a good idea if I only have four characters. Or do I get more characters in the Free Edition somehow? What titles would you recommend?

The 4 you get rotate weekly. So for free you can just do those 4 each week, or you can buy characters one by one if you want. Other titles you can do are stage tithes. There’s a method somewhere online that tells how to get offline wins afk and you can select the same stage to fight on over and over and get 300 wins per stage overnight. Need a turbo controller though.

1 hour ago, viech54 said:

The characters rotate each week, try and get the titles when they are available and before they change! You can also get the titles of characters you get from addons which should always be available (isn't there one or two free?)

And btw, try to win 2 online matches with each character (this is to save you time later in the paid, where you have to win 3 with each for a trophy, you will only have to win once)

15 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

The 4 you get rotate weekly. So for free you can just do those 4 each week, or you can buy characters one by one if you want. Other titles you can do are stage tithes. There’s a method somewhere online that tells how to get offline wins afk and you can select the same stage to fight on over and over and get 300 wins per stage overnight. Need a turbo controller though.

That offline method sounds good. I'd say remote play on PC with a script to press the buttons for me should work as well for people like me who never bought a turbo controller. Like the 1000 rope jumps in FF IX.

14 minutes ago, oYazmat said:

The characters rotate each week, try and get the titles when they are available and before they change! You can also get the titles of characters you get from addons which should always be available (isn't there one or two free?)

And btw, try to win 2 online matches with each character (this is to save you time later in the paid, where you have to win 3 with each for a trophy, you will only have to win once)

Alright, will do. As I started today, I don't think I can get all titles for this week, but I will do that next week.

You mean get A++ with each character?

Thanks for the tips.

edit: I tried Dissidia NT two years ago and didn't enjoy the game very much, but now I'm having a great time, just like with both Dissidias on PSP. I was worried I wouldn't like it again, so I'm glad it's different this time.

Edited by viech54

For "In the Nick of Time", https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/8474-dissidia-final-fantasy-nt-free-edition/10-in-the-nick-of-time, who would you recommend? I'm currently in the first rotation, meaning Y'shtola and Ace are still about 7 weeks away. Anyone else who's recommended for this? I got WoL to CL 10 already, so I won't use him again. Now I'm working on Emperor, he's kind of alright, but doesn't seem like the best candidate for this. This is the only trophy that I don't think will come naturally while playing online.

Also, some trophies have the additional requirement of winning the battle. Is this one of them? Because enemies just die too fast and if I don't have to win, then I'll stop winning and will just interrupt the enemies all the time.

Rotations:

Spoiler
  • Warrior of Light, Kain, Emperor, Onion Knight (current)
  • Garland, Squall, Golbez, Bartz
  • Firion, Zidane, Terra, Exdeath
  • Cloud of Darkness, Kuja, Kefka, Vaan
  • Cecil, Tidus, Ultimecia, Ramza
  • Cloud, Jecht, Shantotto, Noctis
  • Sephiroth, Lightning, Y’shtola, Ace

edit: Got it once. My main problem is that the enemies are locked onto me way too much. I always get tons of decoy points in the results screen, meaning that two or three enemies target me at the same time frequently and make it impossible to help my teammates as they don't go after them. Not sure how to avoid that. My first guess was a debuff that gives me the aggro, so I brought Esunaga, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Not every enemy I saw had the "Provoke" skill equipped and it happens way too much for that. Do they go after players by default or is it that the AI thinks more enemies need to go after me to win?

Seems like I need to focus entirely on helping my party to the point that I don't defeat any enemies and let the time run out if my party members don't defeat the enemies.

If anyone needs a detailed explanation on the scoring system and rank points, I found this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q7FDqilJlEmJ_foSpzo2vi7HWqwj1quFu-wefYA99DE/edit#gid=0

IDK if we link guides other than the ones on PSNP in the starting post, but might be interesting for some players.

Edited by viech54

1 hour ago, oYazmat said:

Little update for myself with the release of SoPFFO's last DLC (might not affect any rank but why not...).

Also I didn't mark FFXIV last patch as done because of the yet unobtainable trophies. (and still missing P8S only)

0XGnBzn.png

Nice! Love the clear green and red backgrounds you added as well thank you!

• Like 1

Update :) Finished Stranger of Paradise: Different Future DLC last night! I'm soooo grateful that this was a quick and easy DLC. SoP is my second least favorite FF (Dissidia NT can die in a fire) so I've never deleted a game so fast after completing it lol 

DX4b2sS.png

I am very much looking forward to some quality FF this year though with Pixel Remasters and XVI coming up :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

(Dissidia NT can die in a fire)

Seems like I'm one of the few people who genuinely enjoy Dissidia NT. Sure, some trophies are not that great (hello In the Nick of Time, it can really feel like the game is trolling me after 5 minutes of just punching everyone else through the entire stage and not getting the required points for this) and having to use the MTU method and waiting 5+ minutes for an online match isn't great, but let me play as my favorite characters and I'm happy. I won't rank it among my favorite FF games, but there are FF games that I enjoyed less than Dissidia NT.

Good thing I only need 3 more successful matches to get In the Nick of Time (Y'shtola, Ace, and Emperor are my friends, particularly the first two), then I can go back to just beating up the enemies and no longer have to stall for time to get more chances at interrupting enemies. Everything else is just more online matches and grinding titles.

It also kind of hyped me for FFXIV, playing as the Rejecter of the Sun is partially responsible for that.

edit: Got In the Nick of Time thanks to Y'shtola. Now it'll be much faster as I don't need to interrupt enemies and can instead just win as fast as I can. Just 300 ranked matches and 50 titles left for the Free Edition.

Edited by viech54
  • Like 2