Is it just me or are the Red Dead servers completely bugged?

Woop952

So I just finished all the single player trophies for the game so I jumped on multiplayer and there's been so much weird shit going on like gang hideouts not activating at all, or when they activate they just finish instantly, the enemies are spawning infinitely or there not spawning at all. Then when I try to call for my horse he's not showing up, I could go on and on. So uhhhh...WTF? Has any of this shit happened to you?

It truly breaks my heart that so many people have problems with online part of the game lately. 

Red is one of my all time favorite games, with best dlc I ever played and most enjoyable multiplayer. 

It's really a shame that overall experience will be ruined for people that are playing it now.

They are. Some asshole decided to hack them and R* just don't care.

The servers aren't hacked, it's an in-game bug that has happened several times since the game was released. Regardless, R* knows and doesn't care.

The bug is also beneficial if you want the MP trophies. There's a thread about it already in the Red Dead Redemption forum.

• Like 1

The servers aren't hacked, it's an in-game bug that has happened several times since the game was released. Regardless, R* knows and doesn't care.

The bug is also beneficial if you want the MP trophies. There's a thread about it already in the Red Dead Redemption forum.

But I thought that someone hacked them a couple of months ago.

But I thought that someone hacked them a couple of months ago.

That was posted by someone with no knowledge of the situation. Dig around the web a bit and you'll quickly find the problem is R*, not some external hackers. No game servers for any PS3 games have been hacked, its always client-side. For example, CoD lobby hacks are in CFW and Game Saves, not server-based.

Edited by ant1th3s1s
  • Like 1

That was posted by someone with no knowledge of the situation. Dig around the web a bit and you'll quickly find the problem is R*, not some external hackers. No game servers for any PS3 games have been hacked, its always client-side. For example, CoD lobby hacks are in CFW and Game Saves, not server-based.

Aha. Thanks for correcting me.

Yeah it's beneficial for the level 50 trophy but I need the Have Gun Will Travel trophy and most of the gang hideouts don't work at all.

Yeah it's beneficial for the level 50 trophy but I need the Have Gun Will Travel trophy and most of the gang hideouts don't work at all.

Start RDR in Single Player mode then change to Multi Player - the glitch is less likely to occur. If it does, swap between Private and Public until you find a clean server.

I managed to get a lot of MP trophies regardless of the bugs, it just took a few attempts to find a server that worked.

i was online last night or the night before cant remember but it was me and 3 other people joined there posse and a trophy popped but i couldnt see anybody on the screen horse came first time until i went to gang hideout then it disappeared also people in posse showed up as blips on map but not on 3rd person view smh rockstar needs to get it together used to love playing this game now cleaning up rest of trophies