Anime & Trophies Summer Season 2022 (Sign ups still up for those who want to join until August)

75a58d8d6f61ef89f8e9a58c21e722e016545292

Here we go again with a new anime and games event, only this time it will last as long as @Shana Alter's did and won't start until the end of the first Summer Season week(July 10)

This event will be a casual and laid back style of event so all that's asked of people is to play games, possibly watch some anime and maybe read some Manga/Light Novels/Books.

Still not as good as I hoped to with those intro things.

Event Runner:

@Leon Castle

Credits to @Shana Alter for the original Anime related trophy event.

Information & Rules

• This session will only run this upcoming anime season so 12-13 weeks only
  • Season Countdown
  • Choose a minimum of 4 games per season to be completed can choose more
  • You can mark a game as either 1, 2, 3, 4 or continue one of your long games that you started on before the event started but it must be under 80% completed
  • No PS4 to PS5 Auto-Pops allowed

Here's what genres you can mark your game as or you can find a comparison to the anime you want to watch, those are just recommendations so feel free to play/watch a genre you like or want to try.

• Yuri(GL)/Yaoi(BL)
  • Action
  • Ecchi
  • Slice of Life
  • Fantasy
  • Sci-fi
  • Comedy
  • Adventure
  • etc.

You can play western or games from other places like The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for a Fantasy genre or Marvel Ultimate Alliance for a Action genre like My Hero Academia as a comparison.

• Be mindful of spoilers of games and anime and mark them well if possible
  • No hacking/cheating trophies doing so will get you removed as this event isn't competitive

Here's how a game list will need to look like

1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Fantasy

2. Assassin's Creed II - Action

3. Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout - Adventure

4. Corpse Party - Horror

List of Participants:

• Leon Castle
  • kingofbattle8174
  • s68sc
  • Spider5786

Edited by Leon Castle
  • Like 3

Woo, lets do this. I have actually been reading alot of Japanese authors as of late. So this fits into my mood. 

My Annihilation by Fuminori Nakamura

Turn this page, and you may forfeit your entire life. A confessional diary implicates its reader in a heinous crime, and reveals with disturbing honesty the psychological motives of a killer. With My Annihilation, Fuminori Nakamura, master of literary noir, has constructed a puzzle-box of a narrative that delves relentlessly into the darkest corners of human consciousness, that interrogates the unspeakable thoughts that all humans share and that only monsters act on.

Tales from the Cafe: A Novel (Before the…

From the author of the international bestseller Before the Coffee Gets Cold, this book follows four new customers who hope to travel back in time in a little Japanese café. In a back alley in Tokyo, there is a café that has been serving carefully brewed coffee for more than one hundred years. Local legend says that this shop offers something else besides coffee--the chance to travel back in time. With faces both familiar and new, Tales from the Cafe follows the story of four patrons who visit to take advantage of café Funiculi Funicula's time-traveling offer and revisit moments with family, friends and lovers. Each one must face up to the past to move on with their lives. Kawaguchi's wistful and heartwarming new novel once again invites the reader to ask themselves, "What would you do if you could travel back in time?"

The Cat Who Saved Books: A Novel by Sosuke…

From the #1 bestselling author in Japan comes a celebration of books, cats, and the people who love them, infused with the heartwarming spirit of The Guest Cat and The Travelling Cat Chronicles.

Bookish high school student Rintaro Natsuki is about to close the secondhand bookstore he inherited from his beloved bookworm grandfather. Then, a talking cat appears with an unusual request. The feline asks for—or rather, demands—the teenager’s help in saving books with him. The world is full of lonely books left unread and unloved, and the cat and Rintaro must liberate them from their neglectful owners.

Their mission sends this odd couple on an amazing journey, where they enter different mazes to set books free. Through their travels, the cat and Rintaro meet a man who leaves his books to perish on a bookshelf, an unwitting book torturer who cuts the pages of books into snippets to help people speed read, and a publishing drone who only wants to create bestsellers. Their adventures culminate in one final, unforgettable challenge—the last maze that awaits leads Rintaro down a realm only the bravest dare enter . . .

An enthralling tale of books, first love, fantasy, and an unusual friendship with a talking cat, The Cat Who Saved Books is a story for those for whom books are so much more than words on paper.

Edited by kingofbattle8174
  • Like 1

The only anime I ever watched consistently was Pokemon(which has no trophies,lolz) and Yu-Gi-Oh(and [cuss cuss] if I am EVER gonna play any Yu-Gi-Oh game with trophies. Legacy of the Duelist Link Advance looked interesting because it retold the stories but I've weaned myself from the TCG after finding how much I spent on dang booster packs). God luck to everyone though!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Woo, lets do this. I have actually been reading alot of Japanese authors as of late. So this fits into my mood. 

My Annihilation by Fuminori Nakamura

Turn this page, and you may forfeit your entire life. A confessional diary implicates its reader in a heinous crime, and reveals with disturbing honesty the psychological motives of a killer. With My Annihilation, Fuminori Nakamura, master of literary noir, has constructed a puzzle-box of a narrative that delves relentlessly into the darkest corners of human consciousness, that interrogates the unspeakable thoughts that all humans share and that only monsters act on.

Tales from the Cafe: A Novel (Before the…

From the author of the international bestseller Before the Coffee Gets Cold, this book follows four new customers who hope to travel back in time in a little Japanese café. In a back alley in Tokyo, there is a café that has been serving carefully brewed coffee for more than one hundred years. Local legend says that this shop offers something else besides coffee--the chance to travel back in time. With faces both familiar and new, Tales from the Cafe follows the story of four patrons who visit to take advantage of café Funiculi Funicula's time-traveling offer and revisit moments with family, friends and lovers. Each one must face up to the past to move on with their lives. Kawaguchi's wistful and heartwarming new novel once again invites the reader to ask themselves, "What would you do if you could travel back in time?"

The Cat Who Saved Books: A Novel by Sosuke…

From the #1 bestselling author in Japan comes a celebration of books, cats, and the people who love them, infused with the heartwarming spirit of The Guest Cat and The Travelling Cat Chronicles.

Bookish high school student Rintaro Natsuki is about to close the secondhand bookstore he inherited from his beloved bookworm grandfather. Then, a talking cat appears with an unusual request. The feline asks for—or rather, demands—the teenager’s help in saving books with him. The world is full of lonely books left unread and unloved, and the cat and Rintaro must liberate them from their neglectful owners.

Their mission sends this odd couple on an amazing journey, where they enter different mazes to set books free. Through their travels, the cat and Rintaro meet a man who leaves his books to perish on a bookshelf, an unwitting book torturer who cuts the pages of books into snippets to help people speed read, and a publishing drone who only wants to create bestsellers. Their adventures culminate in one final, unforgettable challenge—the last maze that awaits leads Rintaro down a realm only the bravest dare enter . . .

An enthralling tale of books, first love, fantasy, and an unusual friendship with a talking cat, The Cat Who Saved Books is a story for those for whom books are so much more than words on paper.

Added.

Here's a part of my plan to read list, the games and anime lists I add on/after July 10:

1. I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level vol 9 to 11

9781975318338_1.jpg

Vol.9 Synopsis: I've been killing slimes for 300 years, and now...I'm a slime?!

...I mean,just inside a pocket sandbox, though.

I'm a bit worried about getting back home, but it'll be an adventure anyway!

This time, I also get my hair cut(no, not because of a breakup),

go on a little date with my daughters, and watch sports in the demon lands...sort of.

Not only that, but I also get another (slime) daughter!

Plus, at the end of the book, company president Halkara shares more of her foodie adventures!!

It has gotten a anime adaptation last year and is getting a 2nd season and also has a manga adaptation that still is on-going.

2. School-Live! vol 11 and 12

9781975358655_1.jpg9781975315504_1.jpg

Vol.11 Synopsis: After negotiations break down at the Randall Corporation headquarters,

the girls find themselves on the run, and Kurumi's condition is only getting worse!

Suddenly, a new organization offers assistance...but can it be trusted?

It has gotten a anime adaptation but never a season 2, Vol 6 to 12 is after the anime(Vol 1 to 5) and also it has a sequel.

3. The Demon Girl Next Door vol 3-4

image__38309.1628905377.png?c=2

Vol.3 Synopsis: Whose side am i on, anyway?!

Ever since awakening to her demon powers,

Shadow Mistress Yuko(a.k.a Shamiko) has been fighting to free her dark clan from the curses placed on them by magical girls.

But somehow, she wound up becoming allies with the magical girl who is supposed to be her rival,

and now they're working together to track down a magical girl who disappeared from the town.

A new demon invades the neighborhood in Volume 3!

It has gotten a anime adaptation and season 2 is airing on Hidive, maybe I give Hidive a try doing my summer vacation and rewatch season 1 and watch season 2.

4 hours ago, s68sc said:

I'm in but sadly the only anime, I ever watch are Angel Beats and Shimoneta and Tokyo Ghoul, so technically i can only play tokyo ghoul that i need to buy

You can play any game that fits a genre. I did put a exemple on the OP so no need to only play games based on a anime.

You can play western or games from other places like The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for a Fantasy genre or Marvel Ultimate Alliance for a Action genre like My Hero Academia as a comparison.

• Like 1

Updated the OP with how the list of games will need to be, but I add it here too in case someone don't read the OP.

1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Fantasy
  2. Assassin's Creed II - Action
  3. Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout - Adventure
  4. Corpse Party - Horror

I used games I already plat/100% to make an example list and made it so it was a mix of Japanese, US and Poland games with least one having a anime adaptation to hopefully show that nobody else need to think they must only do Games based on Anime/Manga/Light novel like Dragon Ball, SAO or Naruto etc. or Games that has a anime adaptation like some Tales of games, Atelier Escha & Logy and Corpse Party. So now people know how to show the games they choose to do then the event starts.

• 1 month later...

Two days late but here's my game list. 1. Atelier Sophie 2. 2. MONARK. 3. AI: The Somnium Files. 4. Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Scarlet. 5. Persona 5 Royal 6. Blue Reflection. 7. DNF Duel. 8. Touhou Genso Wanderer -Reloaded-  I make some fixs and add the anime list on this post then I'm home or make a new one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I have not been keeping up on shows so I will go with something way different than I would normally pick, Teasing Master Takagi-san

https://www.netflix.com/title/80228274

That's season 2 of Teasing Master Takagi-san, season 1 is on Crunchyroll while HiDive has season 3.

Here's my improved game list also the PC version since the last one was done on my phone.

Game list:

1: Atelier Sophie 2 - Adventure

Set between Atelier Sophie and Atelier Firis.

"After the events of Atelier Sophie, Sophie and Plachta, leave the town of Kirchen Bell on a journey for Sophie to earn her alchemist certification. When they get close to a strange tree, both are pulled into a mysterious black void. Separated from Plachta, Sophie awakens in the dream world "Erde Wiege" and Plachta nowhere to be found. So starts Sophie's journey in the Erde Wiege to search for Plachta.

2: Monark - Fantasy

Monark takes place inside Shin Mikado Academy, a high school sealed from the outside world by a barrier and enveloped in a mysterious mist that drives the students mad. The player is part of a group of students who gained the ability to enter an Otherworld, where the demons empowering the mist must be defeated.

3: NieR Replicant - Sci-fi

"Set over one thousand years after the 5th ending of Drakengard, Nier attempts to find a cure for an illness, known as the Black Scrawl, to which Yonah has succumbed."

4: AI: The Somnium Files - Mystery

" Kaname Date, who lost his left eye and all his memories six years prior, is called to investigate the murder of Shoko Nadami, whose left eye was removed before her death. He finds her daughter Mizuki at the scene, unable to speak because of her trauma. Date investigates Mizuki's dream to find out what she witnessed."

5: Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Scarlet - Ecchi

"Reminiscing about the old days at New Zack Island, Zack has opened up the resort once again.

However, due to his commitments on another important job, Zack appoints a temporary owner to be in charge of the island while he is gone."

6: Persona 5 Royal - Action

The Upgraded version of P5

7: Blue Reflection - Yuri/GL

"In the middle of summer, Hinako Shirai, a ballet dancer who injured her knee one year prior to the beginning of the game, and has been unable to dance since then. After meeting with sisters Yuzuki and Lime Shijou, she is given the power to fight as a magical girl referred to as a "Reflector", allowing her to move freely."

8: Touhou Genso Wanderer -Reloaded-  - Supernatural

The Upgraded version of Touhou Genso Wanderer

The road so far "Reimu and Futo got to top of the tower and defeated Sanae and Tenshi, refusing to accept their defeat, they used their last trump card, The Ultra Fusion.

Can Reimu and Futo defeat the "ridiculous something name" Sanae? find out next time on Touhou Z"

Anime list:

1. A Couple of Cuckoos - Up to date
  2. Digimon Ghost Game - Up to date

3. BASTARD‼
  4. RWBY: Ice Queendom
  5. Dr. Stone: Ryuusui - Finished

6. Smile of the Arsnotoria

7. Musasi-no

8. The Devil is a Part-Timer! Season 2

9. Rent-a-Girlfriend Season 2

10. Overlord IV

11. Classroom of the Elite II

12. My Stepmom's Daughter Is My Ex

13. Harem in the Labyrinth of Another World

14. Engage Kiss

15. Uncle from Another World

16. Lycoris Recoil

17. The Yakuza's Guide to Babysitting

18. Shadows House Season 2

19. Black Summoner

20. Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer

21. Parallel World Pharmacy

22. Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth - due to the death of Fujiwara Keiji, To me the Anime Adaptation is the Tone Kentaro version of the story.

23. Dropkick On My Devil!! X

24. Teppen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. Extreme Hearts

26. Komi Can't Communicate Season 2

27. Tomodachi Game

28. Ascendance of a Bookworm Season 3

29. The Dawn of the Witch - it's a Sequel of sorts to Grimoire of Zero.

Anime I plan to finish and rewatch

1. Kaguya-sama: Love is War - Ultra Romantic
  2. Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove It Season 2
  3. Don't Hurt Me, My Healer!
  4. Shaman King (2021)

5. Attack on Titan Season 1

6. World's End Harem

7. Heaven's Lost Property

8. Heaven's Lost Property: Forte

If I try out Hidive

1. The Demon Girl Next Door Season 1 - rewatch
  2. The Demon Girl Next Door Season 2
  3. Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? IV
  4. I'm Quitting Heroing
  5. The Executioner and Her Way of Life
  6. Onipan!

7. BanG Dream! 3rd Season

8. Redo of Healer

9. Teasing Master Takagi-san season 3 - gotta love how you have go all over the place just to watch this series, who knows maybe the Movie ends up at Disney+

Due to my PS4 getting many error codes lately most likely due to being six years old, I'm going to put DNF Duel on hold after clearing Story Mode and getting all Character Trophies and if the cooling fan I ordered makes it less likely to get error codes, I might try plating DNF Duel along with the listed games and AC Unity, Syndicate and Chronicles. If not then I wait with DNF Duel(and the rest of my PS4 backlog) to I have a PS5.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't forgotten about this, maybe just a bit busy with moving but now back on tasks.

So I am now half way through an old classic,

B000063K2F.01._SY200_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

This was one of the first anime's I ever saw. The honor of first goes to Grave of the Fireflies. Not long after that was when Scifi channel started to air Anime on Sat Mornings and this was one of the ones I remember seeing, along with Akira, and a bunch of other great titles. 

Edited by kingofbattle8174
  • Like 1

I am interested in the event altough to be honest I have not been watching a lot of anime of late. There are a couple of shows that interest me this season such as Devil is a part timer season 2 and Parallel World Pharmacy. Made in Abyss season 2 is another show I would like to watch altough I am yet to see the movie which will catch me up from season 1. 

In terms of games for this event:

1. Atelier Ryza - I love a good slice of life and the Atelier series is a great gaming example or the genre. 

2. Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash - a fitting echii game for the summer season. 

3. Steins;Gate Elite - My favourite anime I don't need much of an excuse to get back into Steins;Gate 

4. I am not 100% sure of game 4 but there are some games I am playing which fit the mould including Persona 5 Royal and perhaps Persona 4 Golden which I intend to finally complete sometime in the next few months.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Between the last post I made and now, I have been getting at least 4 games plated so I have met the conditions of event clear although it did not go all as planned and of anime I have watched Tokyo Ravens finished(Crunchyroll finally added it from Wakarim/Funimation) still could not get used to seeing the Universal logo that comes up before the episode, might be that I'm too used seeing it on Live-Action Movies and recently watched finished three summer season anime

• Harem in the Labyrinth of Another World: It's Censored but at least it's not lots of big black spots and it's a bit funny they censored "Harem" in the last episode and not Sex Maniac. Still had fun watching it but it's not for those don't like Ecchi Anime and/or Isekai Anime. For those that like Ecchi Anime and/or Isekai Anime it depends on the person watching.
  • RWBY: Ice Queendom: A anime gaiden(side-story) of RWBY(With at least 4 episodes being a 2D Anime version of the original with some changes). even though I never watched the original, I was interested in watching the anime. The anime character design was done by Huke(Black★Rock Shooter and Steins;Gate).
  • Musasi-no: Sequel series to Urawa no Usagi-chan. It's a short anime like it's prequel.

With only 6 days left, I try to finish the rest of the summer season anime that has aired it's last episode or going to air it soon. Still the event did not go as planned, so for next time I need to think of a way that Anime and Trophies event won't be seen as a "Must only play games based on anime or games with a Anime Adaptation" for Title only readers and maybe find someone to make awards or just give up on reviving this event and let it rest in peace.