Be warned 10k defeated enemies is a grind and half.

Thanks for the heads up. It will be a long time before I make it to Sisters vs Sisters, since I intend to play everything before it first.

Question: Is it possible to use a turbo controller for that grind? My only Coliseum experience so far is mk2, where a turbo controller would not work, but perhaps several games later things have changed.

• Like 2

I appreciate the warning, but it doesn't make much of a difference to me; I'd still go for the trophy even if it required 100k enemies defeated (but also complain a lot). Regardless, these kinds of trophies are annoying. I can only imagine that they are handled by staff who are clueless about how the game actually works. That, or they just throw out random numbers not based on any logic whatsoever. I suppose it's not all that uncommon with this series, as earning 100 million credits in Re;Birth 1 is a similarly pointless trophy. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Thanks for the heads up. It will be a long time before I make it to Sisters vs Sisters, since I intend to play everything before it first.

Question: Is it possible to use a turbo controller for that grind? My only Coliseum experience so far is mk2, where a turbo controller would not work, but perhaps several games later things have changed.

Probably not as after you get spit out you have to talk to the receptionist with square and then select a stage and confirm which take different up down inputs as well as the accept input being X and not square..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JustOneStingray said:

Probably not as after you get spit out you have to talk to the receptionist with square and then select a stage and confirm which take different up down inputs as well as the accept input being X and not square..

Figured as much. Thank you for letting us know. It won't stop me from playing the game, so I'll just ready myself for the grind when the time comes. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

When I did it, I was able to get turbo working multiple times (thanks, game crashing mid-turbo ;_;) by holding the left stick up and turboing both square and cross. Left stick up handles up/down inputs due to wrap-around on menus as well as the bit of walking up to the receptionist you have to do per battle while turboing square and cross handles all of the inputs for you. This forces you to do the F4 battle over and over again, which is slightly slower at 14 enemies instead of 15, but it's very much worth to not have to slog through the grind manually.

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/22/2022 at 9:10 PM, Walt the Dog said:

When I did it, I was able to get turbo working multiple times (thanks, game crashing mid-turbo ;_;) by holding the left stick up and turboing both square and cross. Left stick up handles up/down inputs due to wrap-around on menus as well as the bit of walking up to the receptionist you have to do per battle while turboing square and cross handles all of the inputs for you. This forces you to do the F4 battle over and over again, which is slightly slower at 14 enemies instead of 15, but it's very much worth to not have to slog through the grind manually.

Up to this part in the PS4 Korean version and while the method still largely works insofar as it will continuously go into battle, it seems like some form of wraparound was added to the Colosseum battle list at some point, so the game keeps picking far less efficient battles in the D or E range instead of always defaulting to F4 (odd that it doesn't go all the way down to S since that's where I'm at, but I'll count my blessings that it's at least still getting short battles), which makes turboing a fair bit longer than it should be. Not sure if wraparound was in all along and I just got lucky enough to never deal with it on PS5 JP or if it got added in a patch at some point (which would naturally be hardcoded into the Korean version given it came out 6 months after JP).

In any case, at least the English versions don't have this issue in the slightest due to the grind being drastically cut down to 2000, which should be more or less achievable by the time everything else is done (using Neptral Tower for Level 99 and 10M credits does a number to the enemy count since mobs there all have 6 enemies each), meaning hardly anyone who isn't importing will have to worry about this in the first place.

Edited by Walt the Dog