HipHop Lover

Cassiopria

Side Note: Is anyone here excited for Kendrick Lamar's Untitled? I think "Blacker the Berry" shows that every song is going to be palpable and charged with emotion. That's when Kendrick is at his best. The fact that he hasn't decided which songs will be on it yet shows how much work he put into it.

A new spin on a Biggie classic

Edited by xzeusyx
  • Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjXqiwu30FQ

Jay when he's at his introspective best, definitely don't think Eminem murdered him or even came close to murdering him

I had to hustle, my back to the wall, ashy knuckles

Pockets filled with a lot of lint, not a cent, gotta vent, lot of innocent lives lost on the project bench

What you hollering, gotta pay rent, bring dollars in, by the bodega, iron under my coat, feelin braver

Doo-rag wrappin my waiver, pockets full of hope, do not step to me, I'm awkward, I box left, often my pops left me an orphan

My momma wasn't home, could not stress to me, I wasn't grown, especially on nights I brought something home, to quiet the stomach rumblings

My demeanor, thiry years, my senior, my childhood didn't mean much, only raising green up, raising my fingers to critics

Raising my hands to the sky, big I did it, multi before I die, no lie, just know I, chose my own fate, I drove by the fork in the road and went straight

Edited by coldkillaaaaaaaa
  • Like 1

Side Note: Is anyone here excited for Kendrick Lamar's Untitled? I think "Blacker the Berry" shows that every song is going to be palpable and charged with emotion. That's when Kendrick is at his best. The fact that he hasn't decided which songs will be on it yet shows how much work he put into it.

A new spin on a Biggie classic

Definitely, can't wait to here more.

• Like 1

I don't know why but I've been listening to jay quite a bit lately, Jay's second verse on this track is one of his best in my opinion

I dumbed down for my audience, doubled my dollars, they criticized me for yet they all yell holler

If skills sold, truth be told, I'd probably be, lyrically, talib kweli, truthfully I wanna rhyme like Common ,since I dropped five mil

I ain't been rhyming like common since, when your sense got that much in common and you've been hustling since your inception, fuck perception Go with what makes sense, since I know what I'm up against, we as rappers must decide what's most important

• Like 1