Cuphead DLC - Mini guide

Mori

5 hours ago, Griffon234 said:

King's Challenge doesn't count. Go back to Isle I, II and III and beat up some bosses on simple and it will pop.

Ok thanks. So it has to be 10 different bosses. So i beat 6 on Isle IV and 1 on Isle I. I will beat others. Thanks :)

30 minutes ago, Vergil said:

Probably need to beat all in regular. I did that and trophy popped no problem 

But i beat 5 from Isle 1 , 3 from Isle 2 and 2 from Isle 3.

All on simple mode 

Edited by zulqarmessi
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Vergil said:

Did you get the trophy?

Yes I have the trophy, i even checked my screenshot of the trophy. It's the knockout screenshot of the Jerry, ( That Tom and Jerry inspired boss fight) because it's simple mode.

If i remember it correctly the regular mode final phase consist of fight with Tom.

Edited by zulqarmessi
  • Like 3

On 05/07/2022 at 5:58 PM, Mori said:

I'd recommend playing with the new character Ms. Chalice and the new weapon Crackshot. Ms. Chalice has a double jump and when I did some of the earlier bosses of the main game it felt so much easier. The new weapon Crackshot makes fighting bosses even easier because you don't have to aim and can just focus on the enemy projectiles and hazards.

Can you use her for the base game too? Interesting...thank you! 

4 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Can you use her for the base game too? Interesting...thank you! 

Of course u can, she is amazing just a simple dash for parry, double jump, invincibility roll while u crouch.  

Just one downside she got pretty lame single jump compared to the cuphead and mugman.

But if u get the hang of her double jump, it will be a walk in the park for ur gameplay. 

Best of luck, and enjoy this masterpiece ?

Edited by zulqarmessi
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, zulqarmessi said:

Of course u can, she is amazing just a simple dash for parry, double jump, invincibility roll while u crouch.  

Just one downside she got pretty lame single jump compared to the cuphead and mugman.

But if u get the hang of her double jump, it will be a walk in the park for ur gameplay. 

Best of luck, and enjoy this masterpiece 1f60d.png

Thanks - I did Inkwell Isle I on a backup back in the day, just for some fun, but I never seriously tried to complete it. It's the one game I'd love to be able to do; above Dark Souls, even.

Edited by PhantomFear94

Just a heads up for anyone interested in how the Divine Relic mechanics work with scorecard stats and level ranks. Your final level HP score counts how many times you dip below 3 HP, not your final HP at the end of the stage. So... if you were to take 2 damage at the start of a stage and then end the level with 3 HP after gaining two 2 HP from getting parries, your scorecard will read 1/3 HP. However, if you get parries initially and get 5 HP before taking damage down to 3 HP, your scorecard will read 3/3 HP. The big takeaway here is that if you are trying to get an A or S rank while using the Divine Relic, you need to get parries before taking damage to maximize your rank. I would assume this also holds true for the Heart Ring as well, but I haven't really used it. 

Update: This was updated in 1.04. Scoring conditions for "HP" are now solely calculated based on remaining HP upon completing a fight

Edited by tigersfan3023
  • Like 1