Difficulty of this game (help)

On 7/6/2022 at 3:55 AM, victorrfuego said:

As someone who did plat it, don’t do it lol. The game is great and you can enjoy it fully by playing the game to the end, nothing else. There are some long levels and difficulty spikes but as others said above, the checkpoints are very generous and welcoming.

Old comment I know but this is very rich coming from someone who cheated the game lol

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm a Crash veteran since the mid 90s and completed the original trilogy back then, the remastered trilogy (platinum all 3) and a few Crash games in between e.g. CTR, Crash Bash (both PS1) and Wrath of Cortex (PS2). 

I completed this game back in 2017 when it came out. Died a fair bit on most levels but finished the game and thoroughly enjoyed it. I attempted to get 100% but found the relic time trials and special levels for the tapes were incredibly hard and unforgiving. You need to master the controls, have plenty of luck with avoiding enemies and making certain platforming sections stick - especially on levels where there are floating trains/buses that stop and zoom away. As others have mentioned, the levels in this game are long and have plenty of enemies and challenging platforming sections.

I would give the original Crash games a difficulty rating of:

Crash 1: 6/10
Crash 2: 5/10
Crash 3: 3/10

This game is a 9/10 and not for the average gamer if they want to obtain the platinum. For finishing the game, they can certainly do it but it'll take time and they'll lose a lot of lives.