Why such a low % completion?

OmegaRejectz

Firstly, I know that this game was given for free with PS+ a little over half a year after its launch (June 2017), which is why it has such a large number of players.

But I'm still wondering why only a whopping 1300 people (0.37%) have the game 100%. I know some fall off and couldn't care less about DLC added years after launch, but they all seem incredibly easy bar 'From Here to Eternity' and possibly 'End of the Line' for defeating the Matriach.

I want to reach 100%, but free space on my PS4 is hard to find with those large updates everytime. I agree that most of the DLC Trophies are very easy, but I also find it boring, so usually I only play through a few levels at time.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ConAir said:

I want to reach 100%, but free space on my PS4 is hard to find with those large updates everytime. I agree that most of the DLC Trophies are very easy, but I also find it boring, so usually I only play through a few levels at time.

Me and 2 friends redownload it every time a new trophy gets added. It's rather annoying having to download a game every ~3 months to spend less than 10 minutes getting the trophy to keep it at 100% so I can see why people don't do it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

mainly people (like me) didn't want to keep coming back to play it over and over again and just dropped getting the DLC trophies for 100%

True that. 

Granted, I still need to platinum, but it got slightly annoying coming back and loading it up for 20 minutes for another collectable map trophy. So I decided to wait for a while. Been a long while, but maybe in a year I'll go back. Maybe...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Malachen said:

Me and 2 friends redownload it every time a new trophy gets added. It's rather annoying having to download a game every ~3 months to spend less than 10 minutes getting the trophy to keep it at 100% so I can see why people don't do it.

Agreed. But in the meantime I also download, play and remove other games. For the next update the game carries some extra GB. Just checked. I need to clear almost 18 GB on my harddisk. Maybe I shouldn't keep so much games on it.

Another thought that crossed my mind in relation to the question of @OmegaRejectz, is that people move on. Not everyone wants or has the time to keep their profile on 100% (or close to). 

• Like 1

Just now, ConAir said:

Agreed. But in the meantime I also download, play and remove other games. For the next update the game carries some extra GB. Just checked. I need to clear almost 18 GB on my harddisk. Maybe I shouldn't keep so much games on it.

Another thought that crossed my mind in relation to the question of @OmegaRejectz, is that people move on. Not everyone wants or has the time to keep their profile on 100% (or close to). 

For sure, if I didn't have my 2 friends also downloading it, I wouldn't bother normally which is a shame cos I played the first Killing Floor for 100s of hours back on PC

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

It could be because when it was free on Plus there were glitches to help get the Hell on Earth trophy and the DLC’s were exclusively collectibles. So the Plat and completion percentages may have been higher. The new trophies were pretty regular with 3 months in between trophies now it feels like 5-6 months. 

Now with people not caring about 100%, larger gaps between new trophies, not wanting to redownload the game once every 6 months, and glitch fixes the completion percentage plummeted. Alongside that I can see some people struggling with the Plat and the DLC trophy for beating endless wave 15 on hard. The matriarch trophy isn’t hard, I think the trophy was released when Plus members moved on from the game and the core player base was fed up with the lack luster updates. 

I can also imagine new trophy hunters are put off by the sheer number of trophies and low percent (even though they aren’t hard) so majority of new players aren’t playing for the trophies resulting in an even lower completion percentage. 

Edited by BestUsername----