Play-Asia lists SaGa Frontier 2 for PS4, Switch

Vergil

The PlayStation 4 and Switch re-release, which is currently unannounced, is listed with an expected release date of August 25. The versions listed are Asia region, but include English language support.

SaGa Frontier 2 first launched for PlayStation on April 1, 1999 in Japan, followed by January 31, 2000 in North America and March 22, 2000 in Europe.

A remastered version of the original SaGa FrontierSaGa Frontier Remastered—launched for PlayStation 4, Switch, PC via Steam, iOS, and Android on April 15, 2021.

Here is Play-Asia’s description of SaGa Frontier 2:

SaGa Frontier 2 introduces a complete renovation of the RPG genre. Traditional computer polygonal fixtures are replaced with lush, hand-drawn watercolor graphics supported by an awe-inspiring musical score. Blending both freedom and linearity, this title utilizes the Multi-Scenario System giving players unparalleled freedom in choosing which scenario they want to play while other scenarios crisscross with one another. Complementing this feature are three innovative battle modes: Duel, Team, and Strategic. Depending upon the model selected, the player can control an individual character, a team, or several units to fight in battles, bringing depth and precision to the combat sequences

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/07/play-asia-lists-saga-frontier-2-for-ps4-switch

• Like 1

omg I love SaGa Frontier 2, will definitely be getting this.

But FUCK YOU to whoever made that Moundtop Battle. Or whatever it was called.

Managed to complete the game without doing that chapter (and maybe missed out on various parts of the story), first time I would be up for a cheat in a game to give you infinite health in a game. Just that battle and I will be fine.

Honestly, SaGa Frontier was quite random, but SaGa Frontier 2 is Square's WTF game.

Very fun battle mechanics but like, the most random story and story progression I have ever experienced in a RPG

-> Hi I'm Dave!

-> (Spent 3 hours running around levelling up Dave and fighting a boss, probably a random giant bull in a cave somewhere, you killed the bull VICTORY!)

-> (Next Scene) Narrator : Dave is dead! (You lose all that levelling up and HP)

-> Now 100 years later, play as Dave's great grandson, Dave the IV (who also needs to run about in the same cave but this time searching for clumps of weed and a giant badger to make friends with, weapon is Great Grandad's sword (Dave the first) )

FUCKING. YES!!!!

I absolutely ADORE SaGa Frontier 2. In my opinion, it's in my top 3 video game soundtracks ever made. The story, characters, and watercolor-style backgrounds are amazing as well. It's just too bad that most people get turned off by the quirky battle/equip system the game uses. It absolutely deserves more attention and hopefully this rerelease will allow more gamers to experience what made the game so great.

PlayAsia is kinda notorious for putting up physical listings for games that never actually happen. They had a listing up for a physical version of the Portal collection on Switch, and removed it around the time it released digitally, to give one example of many.

That being said, I'm not sure if they've ever put up a listing for a game that has never happened in general, so hopefully a Saga Frontier 2 port is indeed real, don't see why they wouldn't port it given they've remastered almost every other Saga game at this point, but I don't want to get my hopes up just yet.

9 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

hopefully they dont scrap the ps4 version this time

Or release a PS4 physical a few years later, like what happened with Romancing Saga 2. I'm still hoping Saga Frontier 1 gets a PS4 physical at some point, even though I don't really need it given I have the Switch version physically and the PS4 version digitally, but... I'm a shameless slut for physical games.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

Or release a PS4 physical a few years later, like what happened with Romancing Saga 2. I'm still hoping Saga Frontier 1 gets a PS4 physical at some point, even though I don't really need it given I have the Switch version physically and the PS4 version digitally, but... I'm a shameless slut for physical games.

haha same. If they release it in a few years... bastards. I've debated getting it on switch but hopelessly holding out for a ps4 physical all these years later lol