Kefka1986's Platinum checklist

Kefka1986

On 20/7/2022 at 7:35 AM, AJ_Radio said:

Great list. Some tough platinums under your belt like Rogue Legacy which show you have gaming skills and determination. 

Thank you so much!!! I try to play games that I like, no matter the difficulty, and sometimes I end with true nightmares in my hands, but that's where the fun is!

On 20/7/2022 at 0:47 PM, AihaLoveleaf said:

Great to see you join the Checklist group, Kefka. 1f604.png Like I mentioned before, you've played a lot of the weebier stuff that I hope to experience for myself at some point, so I will definitely follow for any future completions. Good luck, and do your best!

Yeah! I had the idea of starting a thread, and your checklist definitely gave me the final push! It seems we will be enjoying each other list from now on!!?

• Like 1

An awesome list of games you got there man…

…and I don’t just say that because we have 90 in common ??

Looking forward to seeing your posts about then and keeping up to date though - welcome to the checklist weirdo’s club! ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello checklist! Another Platinum for me, number #134!

40-platinum.pngPlatinum #134 - No Man's Sky 

1L886f63.png

Difficulty: 6/10

Enjoyment: 9/10

I've heard so many things about this game, how it started as a joke and was improved update after update and turned out to be awesome. Twitch was gifting some drops for the game and seemed like the perfect oportunity to give it a try... and hooooow happy I am that I did it

This game captures perfectly the solitude of being alone in space exploring planets, every new galaxy, every new planet was full of amazing discoveries. You can create your own bases, your own ships, your own freights and fully decorate them, it has cooperative missions and tons and tons of content. The freedom of this game is sometimes overwhelming, but in a good way.

While the graphics are great, the music is even better, it captures the emotion of each moment 100%. Even if the game (platinum-wise) was short, some moments of looking up, staring at the endless sky, and watching how alive the planets are, with their own animals their own plants, their own minerals.... they were perfect... very few games have provided me with this sense of immersion, of just forgetting that I was playing a videogame and feeling like a space traveler. I wasn't this amazed by a game since Kingdom Come: Deliverance (in which I spent over 200 hours, and without any regret!)

For my next game, I'm torn between Yakuza like a dragon and Bloodborne. For these platinum, bloodborne would be 50 hours and Yakuza 80... so in terms of my time available to play, they would be two weeks or a month. I'll think it over!

• Like 3

40-platinum.pngPlatinum #135 - Detroit: Become human

1L8dc02d.png

Difficulty: 2/10

Enjoyment: 8/10

While I was deciding which game to play between Yakuza like a dragon and Bloodborne, I decided to clean something from my backlog, and here we are. Two years later I finally got the platinum!

Game is great but replaying it another time back to back after the first playthrough really bored me, and that's the reason I dropped it a long time ago.

I really liked the game, the story is very well written and some of the plot decisions were hard to choose. That would be my main complaint about this game, if you want the platinum you have to act like a jerk and feel bad about yourself. ?.

Anyway, next stop I think will be Bloodborne, so see you then!!

Edited by Kefka1986
  • Like 2

40-platinum.pngPlatinum #136 - Bloodborne

1L7b8776.png

Difficulty: 8,5/10

Enjoyment: 7/10

My very first souls game, and I even managed to achieve 100% in the DLC! This game was AWESOME, my evolution as a hunter was noticeable boss after boss, and every victory felt earned. I was stuck on some bosses for several hours and the feeling of finally hunting them, after focusing for a long period of time... it really really was great.

However, this game had three things I disliked a lot: mindless farming, loading screens and walks of shame. Each time I died (which happened A LOT), I was welcomed to 15-20 seconds of loading screens. After that, I had to travel back to the boss, which usually wasn't that far but some times I could spend two minutes running back to the battle... And after several tries on any boss, I ran out of consumables and had to farm them to try again. The game would have been perfect with shorter loading screens (which I guess won't be a problem on ps5) without that farming portion of the game, and with less backtracking to the boss. Those are the things that lowered my enjoyment from 10/10.

And for the next game... I'm not sure!!! Something easier I guess, I need to relax a little ?

• Like 3

40-platinum.pngPlatinum #137 - Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - GOTY Edition

1L9a244d.png

Difficulty: 3/10

Another triumph over my backlog!!! It took me 4 years because each time I wanted to start a new playthrough, I started hunting for collectibles, grow bored over time, other game catches my attention, I drop this game, rinse and repeat for several times. However, this time I did the story mission while collecting everything and it was a much more enjoyable experience. I definitely see myself playing the second game somewhere in the future.

And for the next game... I don't know! I want to play Greedfall in the near future but I don't know if I want to play something faster before embarking on that quest... we'll see!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Another day, another trophy!!

40-platinum.pngPlatinum #138 - Digimon World: Next Order

1L97e2b6.png

Enjoyment: 4/10

I remember playing Digimon World as a kid and not being able to finish it due to a bug that the Pal version had, which made impossible to enter one of the dungeons. As I was browsing the psn store, I saw this game, a sequel for that game that I couldn't finish, and I just had to platinum it, in the name of my younger self!

I really enjoyed the game, the story is cool, the graphics are perfect for the world, the digimon feel alive and there are a lot of them! So, why the 4/10? Well... while the game was great, earning the platinum was a grind-fest chore which wasn't fun at all. Just to give an overall idea:

- There are some cards which randomly drop gathering materials. You need 540 of them, I finished the game playing normally with 130 aprox , so I just had to farm a little more than 400 cards.

- There is another trophy for raising 200 different digimon. I never repeated a digimon while playing so I could lessen the grind for the endgame... I finished the game with 30 different digimons. So I just have to search for objects to achieve 170 more digimon...

- The trainer level is another grind fest. You as a trainer gain experience and can level up, and there is a trophy for achieving the maximum level (50). When I finished the game, I was level 40... and to earn this one last trophy, I just have to keep going around in circles while doing other things, with two rubber bands around the joysticks of the controller, with my two digimon getting sad and shitting themselves over and over and over. Just like this, you can see and almost smell the hours I had to be running in circles to gain trainer experience:

Whats-App-Image-2022-09-01-at-9-19-13-PM

So, after doing everything in the story, and without anything more to do within the game, I had to keep doing boring chores for the sake of the platinum. Just because how unfunny that was, I just can give a 5 for the enjoyment part... I'm proud of myself though, I managed to conquer the game and restore the honor of my younger self!! ?

So for the next game I wanted to play something from my backlog, but I think I'll play The sexy Brutale before that, I really want to try that game, and it's short so... we'll see!!! 

Edited by Kefka1986
  • Like 1

40-platinum.pngPlatinum #139 - The sexy brutale

1L53c5ab.png

Difficulty: 1/10

Enjoyment: 5/10

I read some thing about this game a while ago and I only remembered it toyed with time-loops and puzzles to save victims, so after seeing that it was on sale for only 3 euros, I gave it a try. The game is short and has great ideas, but I guess the budget for the game wasn't high enough to perform them all with their full potential. 

Without spoiling anything relevant, the main plot of the game is saving people from some gruesome deaths. You will be repeating over and over the same day, trying to change things in order to save these people. After saving each one of them, you will get a new "power" which unlocks new zones or abilities and let you encounter other people to save. The problem is that the puzzles for saving them are usually very simple so there is no real difficulty, and the time-loop mechanic is only an excuse to learn the pattern of that death and find out how to prevent it. There are no consequences for saving anybody, as after saving someone, you get the new power, the day resets, and that person will continue doing the same thing that they did (and therefore, they will die anyway). Saving someone doesn't have any consequences for other victims, which could have been cool (i.e you save X, and because X is alive, Y now interacts with them and their actions for the day change)

I liked the story a lot though, and the ending was great. Even if this game could have been something better with a higher budget, I don't regret buying and playing it.

And now, for the next game.... I think I'll try Unepic! A harder platinum with a higher rarity, let's see how it is!!!

• Like 2

40-platinum.pngPlatinum #140 - Unepic

1L2eaa95.png

What a great game! Unepic is a game developed in Spain, so I always wanted to give it a try (as a Spanish gamer), but time passed and I forgot about it. After Unmetal was released, I remembered this game, bought it a few days ago for 3 € and gave it a try, and I'm so so happy I did it!

Unepic is a metroidvania in which Daniel, the MC, is playing a table RPG with some friends, goes to the bathroom for a moment and is transported to a medieval castle. He doesn't know how did he get there, what is he supposed to do, and just starts exploring. This game is a parody of fantasy games, but it's really well made. Tons of options to customize your role (you can be a mage, you can be an archer, tons of weapons, skills and spells are available, several pets to help you kill the enemies, some quests given by npcs...). The platinum was fun to achieve for 80% of the path; some areas in Hardmode++ (which you have to beat to get the platinum) are just unfair and feel very unbalanced and there are two trophies for killing 5.000 and 10.000 enemies, when you can finish the game playing normally with a total count of 3.000 enemies killed, so... 2-3 hours farming bats to get the 10.000 kills wasn't fun.

If you like metroidvania style games, please consider playing it, it's well worth the money.

For my next game, I really want to play Greedfall, but I need another display to follow the guide while I play, and won't get one until Cyber Monday, so for now I think I'll play The outer worlds!

• Like 3

On 12/9/2022 at 11:48 AM, NZBigC said:

Ohhhh this looks really fun! Hopefully it comes to PS+ sometime so that I can play it. Grats on the plat!

Thank you so much!! If you don't want to wait, it's a cheap game, you won't regret buying it!!

And now...

40-platinum.pngPlatinum #141 - The Outer Worlds (+ DLCs)

1L712b79.png

Difficulty: 4/10

WHAT A GREAT GAME!!!!! I love mass effect, and I would like to someday play a fallout game, so this game, which is a mix between these two sagas, was an easy choice. This game is shorter than any mass effect game, has less planets to visit and the companions are nowhere near as well developed than in a mass effect game, but the story was GREAT, you can personalize your character as you want, leveling up different skills (you can level up your hacking skill to bypass some sections, or your speech to be able to win battles without a gun, etc). Now, mix that with a shorter fallout, with less factions but as well written as those, and there you have it, The Outer Worlds.

I also played the two DLCs and was blown away by the choices and consequences, the stories were soooo coool. They are also well integrated in the base game, they don't fell forced, it was a great experience.

Trophy wise, you need to keep an eye on several missables, I followed a guide in Powerpyx for that and had no trouble, making a save in critical moments will let you get every trophy in the game without having to do another playthrough. Also, keep in mind that the loading screens are long in this game, 10 seconds waiting to keep playing each time I entered a building was frustrating. I really need a PS5 to get rid of loading times...

I think there is an edition on sale which has the base game + the two DLCs; I bought the base game and later purchased the DLCs, and it felt that they were a bit expensive (8-9 € each DLC), so definitely buy this edition. Give this game a chance, watch some youtube videos, if you like what you see, get it, you won't regret it!!

And now, for my next game, I still need another display to be able to play following a guide, so I can't play Disco Elysium or Greedfall for now, So I think the plan will be: The council, which is a short game, and then some backlog cleaning (probably ratchet and clank and crash bandicoot 1)

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

40-platinum.pngPlatinum #142 - Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms

1L7a05ad.png

Enjoyment: 3/10

Sooooo I was playing Crash Bandicoot when this game appeared in a recent topic on this forum. I've never heard about the game, I saw it was free, played for a few hours on the Epic Store and decided that I wanted to get this platinum.

In this game, you power up some your heroes while they automatically attack and defeat hordes of enemies. After every enemy is defeated, you advance to the next level. The more levels you beat, the more resources you get, so you can power up your champions and reach further the next time you play.

The main problem is that after a few days, it got sooooo boring. This game has some interesting features further down the road, but you have to travel through hours and hours of repeating the same thing over and over to reach there, with very little input from the player. I played it while doing other things, but as a game, it wasn't for me. It has a very active community but I won't be part of it.

As soon as my job let me play a little, I will continue my platinum road of Crash Bandicoot, and we'll see from there!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, here comes a triple update!!

40-platinum.pngPlatinum #143 - Crash Bandicoot

1L25a470.png

Difficulty: 4/10

After FIVE YEARS I finally achieved this platinum! The game isn't bad at all, I already got the platinum for the 4th game, but there was always another game that I wanted to play instead of this one, and it was going down and down in my backlog, I'm sure it happens to everyone. So I decided that this time, I was going to 100% it, and so I did. I can't really add anything else, this is a well known game and the remaster is amazing, so if you like plataform games, BUY IT!

40-platinum.pngPlatinum #144 - The Caligula Effect - Overdose

1L002e0d.png

This game was first released on Vita and had a lot of performance problems. But it was given a second chance for the PS4, fixing every problem and adding many hours of content to the game. In this JRPG game, you play as a teenager student who one day realizes that they are living in a simulation, where everyone has the body of a teenager, and they decide to escape with other students who also have realized the truth of the world and want to go back to reality.This virtual world is created by an AI who wants to make the perfect world for humans so they can be happy, so for the entire game we have two groups of people: the ones who want to go home and life their real lives, and the ones who are happy to be in this paradise where their real life problems can't reach them. If people start abandoning the VR, it will collapse, so they both try to convince and fight each other to prevent or provoke it.  Both groups have their reasons, and the game plays very well the card of "are we doing the right thing?". As a new thing added to the PS4 version, you can play with the original game bad guys and learn their perspective.

This game has a lot of similitudes with the persona series, but very simplified. One thing I loved is that it's VERY anime: the graphics, the music, the characters, everything, but the game evades two things that I dislike of anime games: heavy stereotyping (ok, that's the tsundere, that's the timid one, that's the bully, that's the cool guy, that's the tryhard funny friend, that's...) and fanservice eating away the plot. So many times I bought a game with a cool story, only for it to be decked to a second place in favor of cleavage. And I love fanservice, but it's like salt, I like salty food, but I don't want to eat spoons of salt. This game has a great story, had me always wanting for more, the characters begin as stereotypes but evolve through the game... Immediately bought the second game after finishing it. 

If you like JRPG, anime, and jpop music, check some gameplay videos, check the ost (it's amazing), and give this game an opportunity. 

40-platinum.pngPlatinum #145 - Crash Bandicoot 2 - Cortex Strikes Back

1Le6b57f.png

After playing the first one, I didn't want to forget the other two, so I already completed one and the other will be completed sometime in the future. I guess I'm alone on this, but this was, for me, way harder than the first one. Some levels where infuriating because of the camera, and had me guessing when to jump just relaying on my muscle memory. Even then, it wasn't THAT hard, nowhere near the levels of crash 4.

So, for my new games, I want to participate in the trophies to fight cancer event:

So my next games will be Ratched and Clack, final fantasy type-0 and the caligula effect 2. Let's see if I manage to get their platinums before the deadline!

• Like 2

On 11/9/2022 at 3:47 AM, Kefka1986 said:

After FIVE YEARS I finally achieved this platinum! The game isn't bad at all, I already got the platinum for the 4th game, but there was always another game that I wanted to play instead of this one, and it was going down and down in my backlog, I'm sure it happens to everyone. So I decided that this time, I was going to 100% it, and so I did. I can't really add anything else, this is a well known game and the remaster is amazing, so if you like plataform games, BUY IT!

Big ups for getting Crash 1 done! Especially with the horror stories going around the site in regards to the DLC. Those skills from the Crash 4 plat really came in handy here. I've gotten the 100% on the PS1 version of Crash 1 a few times as a kid, but it's probably a completely different level of difficulty now that there are time trials. Crash 3 was the game that brought me to enjoy platforming time trials back in the day, so I'll come around for Crash 1 on PS4 eventually. 

On 11/9/2022 at 3:47 AM, Kefka1986 said:

If you like JRPG, anime, and jpop music, check some gameplay videos, check the ost (it's amazing), and give this game an opportunity. 

A good buddy of mine gave me the sales pitch for Caligula Effect a few times over, and all of the elements you listed are ones that I enjoy. It also helps that one of the characters looks like Miku, lol. I'll be playing this game someday, too.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Big ups for getting Crash 1 done! Especially with the horror stories going around the site in regards to the DLC. Those skills from the Crash 4 plat really came in handy here. I've gotten the 100% on the PS1 version of Crash 1 a few times as a kid, but it's probably a completely different level of difficulty now that there are time trials. Crash 3 was the game that brought me to enjoy platforming time trials back in the day, so I'll come around for Crash 1 on PS4 eventually. 

A good buddy of mine gave me the sales pitch for Caligula Effect a few times over, and all of the elements you listed are ones that I enjoy. It also helps that one of the characters looks like Miku, lol. I'll be playing this game someday, too.

You would love it!! The AI that has everyone trapped in the virtual world is also a vocaloid and her companions (the faction that wants to stay in the virtual world) have their own musical themes singed by her, if you like that kind of music, this will be a great game for you! 

• Like 1

40-platinum.pngPlatinum #146 - Ratchet and clack

1L78e2ce.png

Enjoyment: 5/10

After one year I returned to finish this!  I'm not a big fan of the series, it is a bit boring to me, but it was an ok game to play for a few days. Glad I went back to finish it!

40-platinum.pngPlatinum #147 - Bloodstained

1Le86174.png

This was a great metroidvania!! Why did it take me 4 years to go back and finish it? The grind - horrible grind - for the trophy of having 100% of the items in the game kept me away from this gam for years. There are LOTS of items and that trophy ask you to get them all, so it took me two days playing killing enemies for drops, and then using alchemy to get more items, and so and so... that part was boring but, even so, this game was amazing!!

• 1 month later...

I hate being an adult and not having time to do anything!! ?

Let's update my checklist with two more platinum, and let's hope that my job let me finish Inmortals Fenyx Rising in the closest future!

40-platinum.pngPlatinum #148 - The Caligula Effect 2

L334054.png

1L63f6c4.png

I loved the first game and I loved the second! It starts reaaaaally slow, but I ended loving the characters, the story, everything. My only complain is that I liked the music from the first one better, but that's a personal taste, the songs for the second game are also great. The ending was a bit underwhelming, but still got me satisfied. 

The first game is available on psplus extra, give it a try if you can!

40-platinum.png #149 - Onee Chanbara - Origin

1L153e35.png

Now that I payed psplus extra, I wanted to start with a short platinum from the catalog . I ended up liking this game a lot! Two sisters with barely clothes on fighting zombies with swords in a non-stop blood bath, it was great!!! My only complaint is that the platinum ask you to finish the game 4 times, but on the other hand it's a short game, nothing to worry about. The story is forgettable, but it's a fun game to play and to spend a few days with, I'm happy I gave it an opportunity.

• 2 weeks later...

40-platinum.png #150 Inmortals Fenyx Rising (+ 3 DLCs)

L4d52da.png

Difficulty: 5/10

Enjoyment: 6/10

My 150th trophy!!! I loved the base game, the world is very well built, the story is too childish but it entertained me. A lot of things to do, the puzzles are great, the combat too... I was having a good time and decided to buy the DLCs before completing the game.

And then the nightmare began. The DLCs tried to do their own thing to provide a different experience from the base game and IMO, they failed to do so. The first one focus a lot in puzzles, one after another, without any other thing to do. The second one is a rushed version of the base game, which doesn't offer anything interesting. And then we have the third DLC, which is the worst idea anyone could have though for this game... The best thing about this game is the freedom to explore a 3D world: do you see that thing on the distance? well, you can go there, climb that mountain, no hidden walls, just go there, kind of like zelda breath of the wild. And then, this DLC took that from the game and offers an eagle pov which makes the gameplay frustrating and tedious. Can you climb the wall that is in front of you? well, too bad, you can not move the camera so in order to know if you can climb that wall or not, you have to start climbing and pray that your stamina is enough. Searching for things that you know are so so near you became a nightmare just because someone though that a forced eagle view with the camera somewhat near your character was a good idea. Hated it so so so so much, that my enjoyement dropped from a solid 8 to a generous 6.

Well, I haven't decided the next game yet. After expending more than a month with this game, I think I need something faster to complete... we'll see!!!

• 3 weeks later...

40-platinum.png #151 Blasphemous

Lb4f0cc.png

1L047aca.png

Difficulty: 5/10

Enjoyment: 6/10

My 151th platinum trophy, so I completed the Kanto pokedex! This game is a weird take (in a good way) of a metroidvania, mixing religious elements of the spanish culture with a dark ambience. I loved the combat system, the bosses were very very cool and the pixel art was really well done. My only complain would be the story, which could be told better IMO.

Special award to the spanish dub, which usually makes you want to tear your ears appart, but for this game, it's nicely acted.

• Like 1