Black Squirrell1's Theory of Everything

BlackSquirrell1

• 2 weeks later...

Ld641a6.png

Plat #47 - Telling Lies

Difficulty: 1/10

Enjoyment: 8/10

Replayability: Probably 0, a good game for the PS Plus Catalog

This game was nothing like what I expected.  Saw it in the PS Plus catalog and thought - "why not"?  Looked at the trophy list to try to get a spoiler free look and what my goals were, along with just enjoying the game.  Reminded me a lot like Late Shift, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I heartily recommend it to anyone that would like a kick back day or two of just relaxing and watching videos!

• Like 3

Lde18b0.png

Plat #48 - Blackwood Crossing

Enjoyment 3/10

Replayability: 0

Well, this game caught me off guard.  Easy game, not really what I normally like to play.  But, the ending really got me - not prepared for that at all.  Now I've got to play some GTAV to get me back in the mode of things. 

• Like 4

On 8/6/2022 at 10:59 AM, BlackSquirrell1 said:

Lde18b0.png

Plat #48 - Blackwood Crossing

Enjoyment 3/10

Replayability: 0

Well, this game caught me off guard.  Easy game, not really what I normally like to play.  But, the ending really got me - not prepared for that at all.  Now I've got to play some GTAV to get me back in the mode of things. 

I agree but that us why I love these indie type of game experiences. You get some really good stories and sucker punches you never see coming after getting invested in what is going on. 

L7d0ecd.png

Plat #49: Lost Words: Beyond The Page

Difficulty: 3/10 (Without a Guide)

Enjoyment: 2/10

Replayability: 0/10

Must be my week for sad games.  Very sad game, at least for anyone who may of lost a loved one.  Deals with a young girl whose grandmother suffered a stroke and passed, and how she has come to terms with it.  The game was good as far as fun for someone learning how to play a vid game and enjoying a storyline, but I wouldn't recommend it for the subject matter.  Guess it depends on how mature the player is.  I was pretty sad playing it, but guess that is just me.  I believe this was another game I grabbed from the PS Plus catalog for the hell of it.  Didn't use a guide so had to go back and replay chapters to pick up the collectibles.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Percenters: #17

La742cc.png

Difficulty: 2/10 (Without a Guide)

Enjoyment: 6/10

Replayability: 3/10 (In a year or so)

So the latest entry is Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons.  Nice little puzzle game, where as you control two brothers with the joysticks and LT/RT.  Nice story, had some fun with this one.  Only difficulty would be trying to train my right and left brains to work with each other which was almost impossible. ?

• Like 3

Lcee0f1.png

Plat #50: Goosebumps: The Game

Difficulty: 2/10 (Without a Guide)

Replayability: 5/10

So, billed as a children's game, but with the difficulty I had in the darkroom I'd say a kid might swear off video games for awhile!  This game is available with the PS Plus library, and I actually had a good time with it.  Reminded me of the games from the past before the fancy graphics came along.  Story was funny, liked the characters, and since I ended up playing through 4 times I'd say the replayability is definitely up there!  No hiccups or glitches, game ran smooth, enjoyable.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DatZoolander said:

I saw where you are playing Max: The Curse of Brotherhood!  Really want to start that game as the platforming and graphics look fantastic.  Your take on the game?

Well, one of the best platforming games I've played in a long time.  Nice graphics, interesting story, gameplay is fun and different.  Only complaint about the game is some of the switching from the character to the marking pen is tight.  As you can imagine, I'm stuck at a level because of my skill!  Haven't used a guide and regret that; looks like I'll have to play again when I'm done to get some of the collectibles in order to pop the trophy. ?  (If I EVER coordinate my fingers)

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

L47dcf8.png

Plat #51: The Council

Difficulty: 2/10

Replayability: 1/10

So, this was an interesting game in the PS Plus Catalogue.  Pretty much a historical game, with George Washington, Napoleon and a few other characters thrown in.  I'd say it is a visual novel with some collectibles.  Wasn't too hard, but my biggest complaint is you could not speed the text along until you finished the game.  (Requires another short playthrough for some trophies.)   All I can say, is if you want to be waterboarded with dialogue, this is the game for you.  I would not play it again.  Ever.

L808ef6.png

Plat #52: South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS3)

Difficulty: 5/10 (without a guide); 3/10 with a guide

Enjoyment:  8/10, until you have to play it again then it is 1/10

Replayability: Never

I really enjoyed this game.  Love the South Park series anyway, so playing the game was a gift.  Had a blast all through the game until the end, when I discovered I missed a few collectibles and somehow let my buddy die (who knows when) sometime during the game.  Voided a couple of trophies, and since there is not a chapter select and some areas you cannot get back to, required a FULL replay of the game.  Painful.  Holding my breath until the very end to see if I'd have to play the game a 3rd time really got the blood pressure up.  Hated seeing that game sitting on my backlog for 3 years, so got the PS3 working again and got it DONE.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

L738464.png

Plat #53: The Artful Escape

Difficulty: 2/10

Enjoyment: 10/10

Replayability: Maybe

Ah, what did February give us?  Well, completed The Artful Escape, just because I felt like being a rock star.  Really nice game, it was just too short!  Probably didn't do jack about my percentage, but hell, I had a good time. High recommended to anyone who likes video games.

• Like 4