blue_blur_98's Trophy Museum

blue_blur_98

Platinums #1-#10

Spoiler

Note: Platinum difficulty is based off of how hard or easy I, personally, thought it was to earn, and not based off of any specific trophy guide on this website or another.

1Mc8ecd4.png

#1 - Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (PlayStation 3)

Platinum difficulty: 2/10

Personal game rating: 7.5/10

You never forget your first Platinum. I'd say I made a good choice here; It's from one of my first PS3 games, it's from a series I enjoy a lot, and it's a very easy, beginner-friendly Platinum. There were some tricky Clue Bottle locations, but no major roadblocks.

1Mc8ecd4.png

#2 - Sly 2: Band of Thieves (PlayStation 3)

Platinum difficulty: 1/10

Personal game rating: 9/10

This is probably the easiest Platinum trophy I've ever earned. Seriously, all you have to do is just clear one location out of Clue Bottles, buy a few specific items from ThiefNet, and everything else either comes naturally or is just tied to story progression. Moving on.

1Mc8ecd4.png

#3 - Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves (PlayStation 3)

Platinum difficulty: 3/10

Personal game rating: 9/10

This is actually my favorite game in the Sly Cooper series. Is that a particularly unpopular opinion? Usually I see people tend to prefer Sly 2 over Sly 3, but not me. I've always liked Sly 3 just a little bit more. This has the hardest Platinum of The Sly Collection by far... but that's still not saying a lot, since it's still quite easy to obtain. That one Sharpshooter mission can go screw itself, though.

1M25f06b.png

#4 - Rayman Origins (PlayStation 3)

Platinum difficulty: 5/10

This is a fantastic game. I love the art style, controls, music, level design... almost everything about it, really. This was a challenging, yet fair Platinum, with some very hard parts that still never managed to feel cheap or unfair. Unlike the original Rayman game, which literally just conjures stuff out of thin air. My favorite part of this Platinum is completing the Land of the Livid Dead. Extremely difficult, but extremely satisfying as well.

1M94126a.png

#5 - Sonic Generations (PlayStation 3)

Personal game rating: 10/10

This is my favorite Sonic the Hedgehog game, and my favorite 3D platformer of all time. The presentation is great, and the level design is brilliant, and the way it celebrates Sonic's history puts a smile on my face every time I replay it, and that is an aspect I feel that later titles like Sonic Mania miss the mark on a bit. This Platinum isn't too bad; some frustrating speedruns and Red Star Ring locations, but it's all very manageable for anyone that's good at 3D platformers.

1M281e22.png

#6 - Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing (PlayStation 3)

Personal game rating: 8/10

My first Platinum from a racing game. This was a simple and short kart racer with a relatively easy list. Even the staff ghosts weren't a problem at all, which is kind of funny, given how brutal they are in the sequel.

1M323c36.png

#7 - Puyo Puyo Tetris (PlayStation 4)

Platinum difficulty: 4/10

Personal game rating: 8.5/10

My very first Platinum trophy from a PlayStation 4 game! My sister was actually the one who wanted to get this, but I ended up being quite a bit more into it than her. This game got me into the Puyo Puyo franchise, which is such a fun and charming series that I wish was more popular in the west. This Platinum isn't very hard, but it is very grind-heavy, particularly when it comes to Puyo and Tetromino clears.

1Ma04b88.png

#8 - Ratchet & Clank (PlayStation 4)

Personal game rating: 8/10

I came, I blew stuff up, I conquered. My first experience with the Ratchet & Clank series, and it was quite the good first impression. I got this for free from Sony's Play at Home initiative. Death by Disco was annoying, and so was the weapon EXP grinding, but the trophies were overall very easy.

1M9f91aa.png

#9 - Sackboy: A Big Adventure (PlayStation 4)

A delightful 3D platformer from my favorite PlayStation series. Even if Create Mode was cut from this game, it's still a great game that I highly reccomend. The Ripsnorter was a massive roadblock, though, and I'm still very grateful to the guy that helped me earn that trophy.

1Mfdd834.png

#10 - Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 (PlayStation 4)

Personal game rating: 9/10

My first milestone Platinum. This was a similar list to the first game, but a lot easier thanks to a few tweaks to how certain modes worked. I chose this as my 10th Platinum milestone because Puyo Puyo Tetris was my first PS4 Platinum. I even wrote a trophy guide for it!

Platinums #11-#20

Spoiler

1M783247.png

#11 - Knockout City (PlayStation 4)

Probably my favorite online multiplayer-focused game to date. I just love the way everything looks and feels. It's very unique and fun. The Platinum is a huge grind, though, and getting some people to join my Crew was outright maddening - I ended up joining another Crew just so I could be done with that trophy. Still, though, I love this game.

1M74e384.png

#12 - SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated (PlayStation 4)

Personal game rating: 7/10

This is the kind of game I would have been all over if I had played it on PS2 as a kid, but I never got the chance to do so, despite having other SpongeBob games around that time. Even without the nostalgia experience, I still had a good time here, as the game stands pretty well on its own merits as a platforming experience, even if the remake could have used a bit more time in the oven. Easy Platinum, too, which isn't surprising.

1Me66550.png

#13 - Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PlayStation 3)

Just doing some unfinished business. This game was on my backlog for two years, so it was nice to get ot completed, and having all of the Sly Cooper games Platinumed felt good, since this series started off my trophy hunting journey. I think this game gets a bit too much hate. I don't really like where the story went, but the gameplay and presentation were still just as excellent as ever.

1M4a9874.png

#14 - Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl (PlayStation 4)

Personal game rating: 5.5/10

This game is an enjoyable, if very unremarkable Super Smash Bros. clone. I really don't have anything to say about this one; the game's okay and the Platinum was very easy.

1M8b53b3.png

#15 - Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (PlayStation 3)

Since I was all done with Sly Cooper, I thought I'd tackle Jak and Daxter next. I had an excellent time with this first installment, and I can definitely see why it's considered such a classic. I loved exploring these levels and using Jak's moveset was pretty satisfying. I wish it was a bit longer, but still, I liked this a lot.

1M0c18b4.png

#16 - Jak II (PlayStation 3)

I was not expecting this game to be so hard. There were tons of missions that absolutely wrecked me, not helped by the game often having little to no checkpoints during missions. I still enjoyed it, but not as much as The Precursor Legacy. It's showing its age in several areas, but I liked exploring the open world of Haven City, there were still plenty of missions that I enjoyed, and I felt that the guns were pretty satisfying to use, especially with how you can combo them with your melee attacks. Full disclosure: I used the orb glitch for this Platinum.

1Me08864.png

#17 - Jak 3 (PlayStation 3)

Personal game rating: 8.5/10

The final game in the Jak and Daxter trilogy was a great experience. It has everything I liked from Jak II, but cuts down on everything I disliked. The difficulty and tone were more balanced, the checkpoint placement was much better, the hubworlds were bigger, there were more guns and superpowers, it was great. Some concepts feel underdeveloped, primarily regarding its story, but I really enjoyed my time with it regardless. Full disclosure: I used the orb glitch for this Platinum.

1M5dd3d5.png

#18 - Jak X: Combat Racing (PlayStation 4)

The Jak and Daxter Platinum marathon comes to a close with this excellent racer. I loved playing this, from the tracks to the weapons to the presentation to the story. It's all great stuff, and it's quite an easy Platinum to boot. I really don't have much to say here, aside from the fact that the game was just really good.

1M19d53a.png

#19 - Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (PlayStation 3)

Personal game rating: 8/10

An easy trophy list in a collection of a bunch of great SEGA Genesis games and Decap Attack. Got this to replace an old SEGA Genesis collection on the PlayStation 2, so I thought I'd Platinum it. I enjoyed being able to play these games in a higher resolution, and I liked the unlockables, too. Full disclosure: I did use some in-game cheat codes to save time on this Platinum.

1M379f8b.png

#20 - LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4)

Platinum difficulty: 6/10

Second milestone Platinum! This was not an easy Platinum, with some annoying trophies and some genuinely hard ones, too. Glad to have this one! I chose this as my 20th because it's a very rare one, and because LittleBigPlanet is my favorite PlayStation series. This took me a lot of time and effort to earn, so I'm very proud to have earned it. Note: I did use a glitch to earn a trophy that refused to unlock after two attempts. I wish I didn't have to, but I couldn't unlock it any other way. The normal way just was not working.

Platinums #21-#30

Spoiler

1M22f4db.png

#21 - A Way Out (PlayStation 4)

A short, but sweet co-op adventure game I played with my sister over the past week. I enjoyed it quite a bit more than I thought I would going into it. It does a lot of cool stuff with its concept, and really nails the feeling of a playable, co-op prison break movie. A game with a nice story (the voice acting and animation can come off as a bit awkward in a few cutscenes, though) and great cooperative gameplay that totally flew under my radar all these years that I definitely don't regret playing.

1Meeb7ed.png

#22 - Rayman Legends (PlayStation 3)

Platinum difficulty: 7/10

I love this game. Absolutely ridiculous grind for Awesomeness 11, but that doesn't take away from the fact that this is one of my favorite games of all time. Two months of grinding, while definitely ludicrous, was still worth it in the end to say I have Platinumed a game I enjoy so much. Playing on the PS3 version definitely did not help matters, though; smaller playerbase + more incredibly skilled players on average = pain and suffering. I'm glad to have all of the unique Rayman Platinum trophies now, even if there's just two of those. Really hope this series comes back one of these days.

1Md5b3ee.png

#23 - Sonic Frontiers (PlayStation 4)

Loved this game. The new gameplay style was a breath of fresh air for a longtime Sonic fan like me. The exploration, combat and Cyber Space stages were all loads of fun, and I also really liked the story, graphics and music. A nice, simple, easy Platinum marked my final Platinum of 2022.

1M6dac85.png

#24 - Pure (PlayStation 3)

Kicking 2023 off with one of my harder Platinums. This game had very fun gameplay and good persentation, but had its fair share of issues and was absolutely not without its frustrating moments thanks to things like massive difficulty spikes in World Tour and some absolutely ridiculous rubberbanding. Still, I enjoyed the game overall and don't regret picking it up.

1M2c4aa3.png

#25 - LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (PlayStation 3)

Ah, sweet! A C-grade game! This was decently fun, but also a tad annoying and a bit too long for its own good. A good game with some solid DC Comics fanservice, but nothing spectacular or unmissable. Also did the DLC. Didn't like the CW Arrow and Suicide Squad packs, but enjoyed the others. If you wanna spend 40 hours on a LEGO game, pick this one up for a solid 7/10 time.

1M6cc782.png

#26 - Gravel (PlayStation 4)

Personal game rating: 5/10

Behold! Mediocrity! Just a really uninteresting and bland racing game, with very, very little about it that's truly unique. It's not bad, but I'd hardly call it good. Uninspired, oddly buggy, and featuring one really frustrating game mode, but the production values and visuals are quite nice and the game has a lot of cars and tracks to choose from, but it's not really worth playing, unfortunately. At least it was only $3.

1M992a6d.png

#27 - Ape Escape (PlayStation 4)

A very enjoyable, albeit very dated title. I liked the level design, time-themed locales and heavy 1990s charm in this game, but the controls were pretty funky snd the game has not aged gracefully in the slightest. Still, I quite liked this one and can see why it's considered a classic. Very quick and easy Platinum, too.

1Mde223f.png

#28 - Undertale (PlayStation 4)

This game has a very odd trophy list. Most of them are unmissable, half of them are tied to a rather monotonus side-quest, and they can all be obtained before you even finish the game. Despite the odd trophies, this has been a very charming and fun RPG that I have been enjoying thoroughly. It's a very well made and enjoyable game. I get the hype now, and will definitely be playing the rest of it, even if I already have the Platinum trophy. Downloading this was a good choice!

1M7de5e6.png

#29 - Sonic Forces (PlayStation 4)

Personal game rating: 6.5/10

Another year, another Sonic Platinum. I am going for the complete set, after all! This was a suprisingly difficult one, with tricky Silver Moon Rings, highly strict time trial missions, and a very tedious 100k Ring grind on top of all that. I'm glad to have gotten this done; it's another step closer to my dream of a complete Sonic Platinum collection, an impressively rare one and my third UR, an annoyingly long-stading backlog title, and it brought me right to my 30th Platinum, which was...

1M81d1ad.png

#30 - Dreams (PlayStation 4)

Personal game rating: 9.5/10

...This incredible game. I chose this as a milestone for a few reasons; it's one of my favorite PS4 games of all time, it's very low on the UR scale, and it takes a lot of dedication to earn. This game has consistently blown me away, from the immense power of its creation tools, to the incredible dreams made by talented players. This game holds a very special place in my heart, and I'm very glad to be able to dedicate a milestone spot to it. As for the Platinum itself, it's very easy, but very grindy. Reaching Level 30 takes forever, no matter how you slice or dice it, and there are a few other ones that require you to spend lots of time using specific creation tools. Outside of that, though, it was a walk in the park, and an amazing game.

Platinums #31-#40

Spoiler

1M8b03c3.png

#31 - PAC-MAN Museum+ (PlayStation 4)

Jesus Christ, this was tiring. You want enragingly hard trophies? You want mind-numbingly grindy trophies? You want frustratingly random trophies? This game's got it all, and it is arduous. From excruciating difficulty difficult missions such as the ludicrously high round runs in the arcade games and the unforgiving difficulty of Hyper mode in Pac-Attack, to just outright cruel ones like the one that makes you play through all of Pac n' Roll Remix in one sitting, or the grinds for things like PAC-MAN 256 power-up levels and coins, this was long, tedious and hard. Still, I'm grateful that this gave me a good chance to really explore a series I had basically just wrote off for the most part.

1M1c63f4.png

#32 - Super Stardust Portable (PlayStation 4)

Not much to say about this one; the rewind feature makes this piss easy. It'd probably otherwise be pretty hard without, though, so kudos to you if you did it with no rewinds. The game was fun to play, though there was quite a lot of slowdown and some modes (mainly Endless and Bomber) were an absolute painin the ass to deal with, but overall, this was a short, but sweet bout of arcade-style fun.

1M6f8658.png

#33 - MediEvil (PlayStation 4)

Personal game rating: 6/10

This was pretty rough. I loved the fun, fast-paced hack-and-slash gameplay, the spooky, Tim Burton-esque vibes and large arsenal of weapons in this game, but the poor camera, performance issues and hit-or-miss levels really hampered the potential enjoyment here. I didn't hate the game, but I didn't love it either, and I really wish the remake did a better job making this feel less... antiquated.

1M93d7a8.png

#34 - Tekken 7 (PlayStation 4)

Love me an easy, short Platinum in a great game. Outside of just a few trophies that were slightly tricky, and an online trophy I had to boost, this was an absolute breeze and a ton of fun. It's just a quick story playthrough, some side content, a few online wins, a short Treasure Battle grind and some easy miscellaneous trophies. Seriously, that's it. It's all very easy, and I can strongly recommend this one to any trophy hunter looking to add a fighting game Platinum to their collection.

1M3e3597.png

#35 - Sonic Superstars (PlayStation 4)

Personal game rating: 7.5/10

This was significantly harder than I was expecting. This is a hard game; the late-game is hard, the post-game is hard, the collectibles are hard, some of the misc stuff is hard... it's a tough one, but I managed to pull through. The no-death requirement for the Golden Badniks made this even harder than it'd otherwise be, but thankfully, the grind wasn't too bad. I guess there's that...?

1Mb4c05a.png

#36 - I.Q.: Intelligent Qube (PlayStation 4)

Another PS1 Platinum, but unfortunately this one was a lot rougher to go through. I liked the mechanics, presentation and atmosphere here, but I didn't like how little content the game had, even in comparision to other PS1 games, extreme late-game difficulty spikes, and randomized nature that made it hard to effectively practice whatever level you're stuck on. At least it was my fastest Platinum, I guess.

1M2406c8.png

#37 - Rez Infinite (PlayStation 4)

A delight to play, but a chore to plat... Rez is a fantastic musical rail shooter, and the Area X segment is even better, but the trophies here are such an needless grind. Why do I have to play the same exact mode six times over with miniscule changes? Why do I have to play thirty Score Attack runs when five would otherwise be enough? It's a shame that the trophies had to be such a slog, but I still loved this game regardless and can easily recommend it to anyone who likes good gameplay, stylized graphics and excellent electronic music.

1M7cc2ae.png

#38 - Arcade Game Series: Dig Dug (PlayStation 4)

An arcade classic I've enjoyed since I was a child, unfortunately bogged down by an annoying trophy list. From hard trophies, to required ludicrously high round counts, to cumbersome trophies that require you to play the game in a really unenjoyable way, this trophy list drove me up the wall. It's a shame, because the game's really fun, but these trophies are such a pain in the ass that I just cannot recommend this Platinum.

1M6d27f7.png

#39 - Crash Bandicoot (PlayStation 4)

Platinum difficulty: 8/10

This was hell. Seriously. The times required for those Gold Relics, deathless runs and generally hard levels, alongside having to do Time Trials that are downright antithetical to the game's level design all drove me up the wall. At least the Clear Gems were pretty easy. Glad to have this done, and it perfectly set up my milestone 40th Platinum...

1Mf3bd1f.png

#40 - Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (PlayStation 4)

...Obviously. This was my 40th plat milestone because of how special this game is to me. It's the very first game I ever played, my favorite in the trilogy, and one that always brings me right back to my childhood whenever I fire it up for the 12,000th time. I had a blast getting this. While some parts, such as the Relics, frustrated me to no end, the delightful experience of playing this game again, grabbing all the secrets I'm so familliar with and seeing Crash do that silly little dance whenever I got a Gem was all so delightful that it more than made up for the annoyances. I'm very glad to have had the opportunity to dedicate a major milestone to a game that's so very important to me.

Platinums #41-#50

Spoiler

1Mada8d1.png

#41 - Crash Bandicoot: Warped (PlayStation 4)

One last game to wrap up the N. Sane Trilogy. This game was the easiest to complete by far, but the vehicle levels made things a lot more annoying and less enjoyable. I still liked the game overall, but I prefer Crash 2 due to feeling more balanced and platforming-focused overall. I enjoyed the plat experience though, even a good amount of the Time Trials, and I'm very glad to have all three Platinum trophies from the first PlayStation 4 game I ever owned.

1M318616.png

#42 - Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series (PlayStation 4)

Personal game rating: 9.5/10

Kicking off 2024 with these outstanding games. This plat was a total breeze, which was nice after the Crash Bandicoot games served up so much challenge. These games are oustanding, with great level design, suprisingly gripping narratives and lovely music and visuals. I also played Klonoa 2 for the first time while going for this Platinum, and it really impressed me with how much it improved on the already-fantastic original game. A great way to ring in the new year!

1Mdc7b19.png

#43 - Puyo Puyo Champions (PlayStation 4)

Finally, every unique Puyo Puyo Platinum trophy is mine! While this is easily my least favorite of the modern-day Puyo Puyo games due to its odd character roster and very low amount of content, I still had some fun with it. The plat's a total slog, though, From trying to get 200 online games done in a niche puzzler with a sparse playerbase, to grinding out things in Fever mode where your success depends on the CPU player's behavior, to the 20-hour behemoth that was the Puyo King grind, you have to be very patient and dedicated to get your hands on Champions' list of trophies. Only recommended for the most dedicated of Puyoheads.

1M3b305a.png

#44 - Arcade Game Series: Galaga (PlayStation 4)

Another AGS plat, and another source of agony for me. This was even worse than Dig Dug's, with a ludicrous round requirement of Stage 31 at least, insane difficulty when you're trying to keep your Dual Fighter intact, and incredibly tough Challenging Stages that you have to do 100% perfectly for several trophies - one of which disallows the use of Dual Fighters, making it even more difficult thanks to you having just one tiny bullet to hit 40 fast-moving ships. I strongly recommend against this Platinum unless you actively enjoy feeling pain.

1Me1ad2e.png

#45 - Pinball Heroes (PlayStation 4)

A delightful little palate cleanser. While the trophies were nothing to rave about (and I honestly wish there were some more unique ones), playing pinball on these tables themed after the PlayStation games from an era I am super nostalgic for was a delight and a very enjoyable experience overall that really took me back to simpler times. Also, it gets major props for the inclusion of a ModNation Racers-themed table. More ModNation is always appreciated, Sony... just puttin' it out there.

1M62786d.png

#46 - Humanity (PlayStation 4)

Yet another PS Plus puzzler, but the first one I've done that I can confidently say I liked. Well... mostly liked, anyway. "Puzzle game where you play as a dog guiding the entire human race to where they need to be" is a pretty one-of-a-kind game concept, and when it is focused on that puzzle-solving gameplay, it's a delight. The mechanics are easily understandable, the puzzles are well-built, and each new area introduces new things to play with that prevent the game from getting stale. It just keeps getting better... until it doesn't. When the late game rolls around, Humanity suddenly turns into a hybrid of not very good RTS and not very good shooter. These levels are stressful, annoying and frustrating, and it sucks that the game went out like this. At least the Platinum isn't too taxing.

1M4dd51b.png

#47 - Crash Team Rumble (PlayStation 4)

A very fun multiplayer twist on the series that I really wish got its chance to catch on. It's a very enjoyable, innovative and varied title, and a very unique online game in its own right that's still worth playing, even without any forthcoming content updates. It's a very easy plat to get your mitts on, especially for the standards of a Crash Bandicoot game, but you do have to grind a character up to their maximum level, which can take a while, and a lot of trophies require some dumb luck due to the innate variance in player behavior, which can be very annoying. An easy and enjoyable Platinum to get, but maybe you should consider seeking out a four-leaf clover before you start this one.

1M014fdb.png

#48 - Arcade Game Series: PAC-MAN (PlayStation 4)

Whoa... this didn't suck! Unlike prior Arcade Game Series plats, PAC-MAN's trophy list was light work at best and an ideal pick for my birthday plat. You only need to get to Round 7 on one credit, which really isn't that bad, and while the only other hard trophy (Om Nom Nom, for playing a perfect round) is pretty difficult, you can persist with some patience and a good eye on what's going on. Every other trophy is pretty trivial, and I'd actually recommend others go for this one.

1M028fba.png

#49 - Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier (PlayStation 4)

Without a doubt, one of the games of all time. This game is kind of notorious for being the worst Jak game, and... yeah, this is absolutely the worst Jak game. It's not terrible, it's fine on its own merits, but it is significantly shorter, less fleshed out and less smooth to control than Naughty Dog's work on the series. The story here also just didn't do anything for me, and unlike the second and third games, I just didn't get invested into this game's narrative at all. It still introduced some really cool new ideas and mechanics, and I did really like the airplane stuff in particular, but this one isn't getting many accolades above the bar of "it's just fine".

1M0b6404.png

#50 - Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (PlayStation 3)

Platinum difficulty: 9/10

I'm finally free... My current longest-standing backlog title, my rarest trophy ever, my favorite racing game, and far and away my most diffcult Platinum yet, there's a damn good reason I chose this as my 50th Platinum. This game dishes out the most brutal kart racing trophy list money can buy on any PlayStation console. From a litany of difficult missions in World Tour, to the requirement of two full Grand Prix runs on the highest difficulty, to the absolutely fury inducing insanity of the staff ghosts in Time Attack, this game expects the world from you, but the game is such a good experience that it's all worth it in the end.

Platinums #51-#60

Spoiler

Nothing yet.

100% Completions Without Platinums

Spoiler

M99b8da.png

#1 - Sonic the Fighters (PlayStation 3)

Completion difficulty: 1/10

This is probably the easiest trophy list I've ever completed. Just most of a run (not even a full run, mind you) and some miscellaneous trophies. You can do it all in 30 minutes.

M6847b6.png

#2 - Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic (PlayStation 3)

Completion difficulty: 4/10

This one was fun, because I did a few of the trophies with family members. Some of the challenges were a bit hard, but nothing too straining. I wish this game had a Platinum.

M354667.png

#3 - PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX (PlayStation 3)

Completion difficulty: 2/10

This game is great, probably one of my favorite PSN-exclusive games to date. The trophies aren't too hard, some hard Time Attack stages, but everything else is easy.

M6c7a5f.png

#4 - Toybox Turbos (PlayStation 3)

A surprisingly difficult one. Wasn't expecting to have so much trouble with some of these events, but some of these time or score requirements were extremely tight. Other than that, not too bad. A short grind at the end, but that's about it.

Mefeebe.png

#5 - Sonic CD (PlayStation 3)

Completion difficulty: 3/10

A relatively easy list with a few exceptions. Getting a total time of 25 minutes in Time Attack and defeating Metal Sonic without taking damage were tough, but very doable, and everything else didn't go too far past the realm of mild annoyance. Overall, a relatively laid-back trophy hunt. And to think I assumed it'd be too much for me a few years back...

M79a670.png

#6 - Bentley's Hackpack (PlayStation 3)

Personal game rating: 5.5/10

A game that started out pretty enjoyable, but became very tiring by the end. You'll probably like it if you really, really enjoy the hacking mini games from Thieves in Time, but in general the game is very forgettable and rather repetitive to complete. Also, Spark Runner just blows. Like, in general. Without question, my least favorite Sly Cooper game. At least I've well and truly played them all now, and this one marked my 30th completed game to boot.

M468b68.png

#7 - Sonic Adventure (PlayStation 3)

Completion difficulty: 6/10

Man, this was incredibly demanding to complete. It took me 42 hours according to my save file, and along the way, I had to grind and complete some very difficult tasks for it. Several stage replays, a long Chao grind, 60 missions and more. You really have to do everything this game has to offer, and while it does massively extend the game's longevity, it honestly can get a bit tiring with just how much stuff you have to complete. This one's only for truly dedicated players.

M6432a3.png

#8 - Omega Strikers (PlayStation 4)

A very fun game with a very underwhelming trophy list. There's just four trophies up for grabs, all of which are either really easy or really luck-based. I struggled a bit with the MVP trophy on my own, but this list barely put up a fight at all. Even with the underwhelming trophies, I have been really enjoying my time with this game and will definitely be sticking with it for the forseeable future.

M88c29e.png

#9 - The Sly Collection mini games (PlayStation 3)

Oh boy! More mediocre Sly Cooper mini games! While the mini games were pretty generic and easy, and the whole list didn't even keep me occupied for a full ten minutes, it was worth it in the end to finally cap off my Sly Cooper trophy collection after all of these years - completing the full series that made me a trophy hunter in the first place. I'm very delighted to have finally closed the book on this incredible series, even if the last two games ended up being aggressively mid mini game collections.

Md135d1.png

#10 - The Pedestrian (PlayStation 4)

I really wanted to like this game more than I did, but unfortunately, the experience is hampered by its tendency to not explain its mechanics very well at all. It would often just throw a rather unintuitive mechanic at me and just expect me to intrinsically know how it works, which just isn't fun at all and is in issue that regrettably persits throughout the game. It sucks, because the ideas here are really cool, but the amount of trial-and-error here left me coming out of the experience rather underwhelmed.

Mc3db9e.png

#11 - Woodle Tree Adventures Deluxe (PlayStation 4)

No, I don't know what is "deluxe" about this particular release. After all, you can't improve on perfection.

In all seriousness, this game isn't good, but... come on. It was made by one guy. I can't be too harsh on it. It also only cost me 49 cents, so I can't be too upset about this. It was basically free. This is a really short, bog-standard platformer. Not good, but perfectly tolerable and there's nothing audaciously bad about it. Might plsy the sequel if they ever super-discount it like they did with this one.

Edited by blue_blur_98
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

icon0.png

Platinum #16 Jak II (PlayStation 3)

Platinum difficulty: 5/10 (With orb glitch)

Time taken: 1 week, 20 hours/19 hours of gameplay

Personal game rating: 7/10 - Good

And that's a wrap on Jak II, the sophomore title of the Jak and Daxter Collection. While I enjoyed it, it definitely has some flaws. The checkpoint system isn't great, it's pretty noticeably dated in many areas, and it's hard as hell on top of that. Yet the platforming was still solid, I liked the story and characters, even though the game's much darker tone compared to the first took some time to get used to, the guns were satisfying to use, and, despite the massive shift between games, it still felt like a Jak and Daxter game.

Is it as good as The Precursor Legacy? No. No, it isn't. But it's still an enjoyable, if occasionally frustrating experience. I hear Jak 3 is an improvement, so I'm very excited to jump into that soon. I did use the orb glitch to save myself a lot of time and frustration, so it's not my most honorable Platinum, but I did manage to reach the game's credits, and after all of the massive difficulty spikes I had to deal with, I think I deserve a real-life Platinum trophy for managing to do that.

Edited by blue_blur_98
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

tvttIRB.png

Platinum #17 Jak 3 (PlayStation 3)

Platinum difficulty: 3/10 (With partial orb glitch)

Time taken: 1 week, 5 days/17 hours of gameplay

Personal game rating: 8.5/10 - Very Good

That officially ends the Jak and Daxter Collection. This was a fun way to spend the latter half of my summer. While Jak 3 still ended up falling short of usurping The Precursor Legacy in my eyes, it was still a solid title and a notable step up from Jak II. It got rid of everything I disliked in Jak II, such as the sparse at best checkpoints and random, brutal difficulty spikes, and kept everything I enjoyed about it intact. It's a more robust and balanced title with bigger worlds and more gameplay variety. There were still a few things I disliked about it, such as the story being a bit undercooked in some areas (such as the whole plotline where Jak doesn't want to return to Haven City due to his banishment, which just gets discarded like nothing ever happened not too long after it gets introduced) and the cars in the Wasteland sometimes being a bit finicky to drive, but overall, I really enjoyed my time with this game, and felt it capped off the trilogy quite well.

I was initially planning on getting all 600 Precursor Orbs legitimately, but I changed my mind because I wasn't enjoying the process of earning them. I did glitch this one too, so again, not my most honorable Platinum, but I did collect 300 orbs legit, and also completed the storyline legitimately, too, instead of just using a cheat code to get the Platinum in five minutes.

Edited by blue_blur_98
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, NZBigC said:

Nice stuff mate! I might have to look at playing these games. How are you getting on with Jak X?

It's fun, although I'm not fully used to the way it controls just yet. I am pretty early on in the campaign, and I am getting a bit better with it and am capable of winning races. The car handling has a bit more weight to it compared to some of the other racing games I've played, so I've needed to adjust to it. It doesn't seem like the rest of the list will be that hard. A few trophies seem tough, but it looks like it'll be manageable.

p-DHkr-Dz-Dg-KQv-F9itp-M7dlcfd-ZMS8-J0d-

Platinum #18 Jak X: Combat Racing (PlayStation 4)

Time taken: 1 week, 2 days/16 hours of gameplay

Personal game rating: 8.5/10 - Very Good

At last, every unique Platinum trophy in the Jak and Daxter series is in my collection! This was a really enjoyable series to play through over the summer. I love the storytelling, characters, writing, levels, presentation and gameplay in these games. Even if there were some infuriating moments in these games, I enjoyed them all and do not regret picking them up.

Jak X was a great game. I was expecting it to be a fairly standard spinoff, but it was a very well designed racing game with a great story. I had an excellent time, way more than I was expecting. The Platinum was a total breeze, too - none of the Gold Medals took me any more than a few attempts.

The framerate in the PS4 port was somewhat unstable at times, but it was still very much playable and I still loved playing this game regardless. Shoutout to the music, too; it's a kickass soundtrack. Not too much to say here, the game was great and the Platinum was absolutely no sweat.

Edited by blue_blur_98
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

BGwLI0z.jpg

Platinum #19 Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (PlayStation 3)

Time taken: 2 days, 1 hour/7 hours of gameplay (Estimate)

Personal game rating: 8/10 - Very Good

A very fast and easy Platinum. I'm not gonna have much to say about this one other than the fact that it was fast and easy. Fitting that my fastest Platinum is in a Sonic-related game, I suppose. Playing the retro SEGA games was fun, even if I don't enjoy every game in the collection. The unlockables were cool too, such as the bonus arcade and SEGA Master System games.

I did use some cheat codes in the games to save some time. Just wanted to be honest about that.

Edited by blue_blur_98
  • Like 1

Looks like your trophy list is progressing nicely. Just organically growing your trophy collection as you play. If you still have it, I'd suggest going back and getting 100% on inFAMOUS and its trophy list. It's not an exceedingly hard platinum, with the only thing I remember being annoying was the Blast Shards. Oh and definitely check out the sequels if you get a chance.

• 2 months later...

MNT4hLA.jpg

Platinum #20 LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4)

LittleBigPlanet 3: The Journey Home DLC trophies

Time taken: 1 year, 7 months/45 hours of gameplay (Estimate)

Personal game rating: 9/10 - Excellent

A worthy Platinum for the #20 milestone if I do say so myself. I chose for the milestone it due to its rarity (the Platinum is my rarest trophy now) and because LittleBigPlanet is my favorite PlayStation series and one of my favorite game series overall, second only to Sonic the Hedgehog. This was not easy, from glitched trophies, to hard trophies, to annoying trophies, this game really has it all. I'm glad to have it for sure! Shoutouts to my boosting partners for helping me with the 4-player stuff. They were really patient and helpful!

Hardest trophy is probably Ace Adventurer, thanks to The Great Escape and the final boss. Those were a pain in the neck to do without dying, so I'm very proud that I completed them. It took loads of practice! Don't go alone... was also pretty annoying to do by myself with two controllers, because the camera would never focus on the same player twice, and the DLC was overall quite difficult as well with some hard Aces and cooperative stages needed for its trophies. Nothing I can't handle, evidently.

I did end up using a glitch for the complete all quests trophy. I did all of the quests legit, but it refused to unlock. Twice. I wish I didn't have to resort to using it, but I was not ready to just sit there and do the one quest over and over again, hoping that it'll actually work this time. Even if I had a valid reason to use it, it would still be pretty lame of me to not mention it.

I worked long and hard on this one. Glad to have it!

Edited by blue_blur_98
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

taBoxLz.png

Platinum #21 A Way Out (PlayStation 4)

Time taken: 6 days, 9 hours/10 hours of gameplay (Estimate)

My first Platinum trophy done entirely in co-op. I picked up the Hazelight Bundle on PSN during Black Friday this year to play with my sister, and decided to play this first because I thought it'd be the lesser of the two titles included. I ended up liking it quite a bit more than I thought I would, which is nice, because I went in expecting to be pretty neutral on it.

This game really makes the most of its co-op prison break concept. I know people throw this phrase around a lot, but it really does feel like a playable movie. The story was overall quite good (barring a few cutscenes where I felt that the voice acting and animations was a tad stilted) and the gameplay was very fun, featuring a lot of great moments of collaboration and teamwork between both players. It also used the split-screen display itself in some very cool ways, like how some other important characters aside from Vincent and Leo (such as someone trying to break into a room you're in) would get their own split, which kind of reminded me of the split panels on the page of a comic book.

The Platinum here was very easy to obtain. It's a small list filled out entirely by doing optional side activities, none of which were hard. The only one that was even remotely hard was The Dip, and even then, I was able to manage it before long. Chapter Select allowing you to jump to almost any point in the game to quickly grab any trophies you needed there was an absolute godsend, and made obtaining this Platinum a trivial task. My sister helped with all of the trophies, of course, and she got the Platinum, too, which was her very first.

I'm glad I played this. We also started It Takes Two today, and I intend to Platinum that as well.

Spoiler

I won the shootout, by the way.

Edited by blue_blur_98
  • Like 1

P1YS772.jpg

Platinum #22 Rayman Legends (PlayStation 3)

Time taken: 3 years, 1 month/90 hours of gameplay (Estimate)

Personal game rating: 10/10 - Masterpiece

Finally. It is done. I can now rest.

Two months. Two whole-ass, long-ass, real-world-ass MONTHS of dedication, effort and grinding went into reaching Awesomeness 11 for the single remaining trophy I needed for this Platinum. Two months of grinding made exponentially more difficult due to me playing on the PlayStation 3 version, which has a much smaller playerbase consisting primarily of Online Challenge wizards.

I started this game in 2019 and only finished its trophy list tonight - three years later. This grind is precisely why. It is well and truly ridiculous in every sense of the word. There were some very hard levels, sure, but nothing I couldn't handle. This damn online grind, on the other hand made me lose my motivation to Platinum it, until I thought to get back to working on it in case the legacy consoles' servers were to close at some point. And then the shutdown was announced, which re-killed my motivation, until I heard that they didn't shut down after all... which made me get back to it and push forward until I made it. Without a doubt, the single worst trophy grind I have experienced in the entirety of my last five years of trophy hunting. Even still, even after this soul-sucking grind, after all the frustration of running into that day's Gold Cup requirement being absolutely ludicrous, that doesn't change my opinion on the game as a whole.

This game is still a delight. It's still a masterfully crafted platformer with beautiful graphics and art, and stellar level design. It's still a content-rich game with a massive amount of things to do. It's still a game with some of the coolest video game levels I've ever played - the music levels. It's still, in my eyes, the best Rayman game to date, one of the best 2D platformers ever made, and one of the best games I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing. It's a shame that one trophy had to sour the list so much, but even still, I'm very proud of this Platinum, and I'm glad this game has a spot in my ever-growing Platinum cabinet.

Maybe I'm due for another story playthrough sometime...

Edited by blue_blur_98
  • Like 3

tDweyXO.jpg

Platinum #23 Sonic Frontiers (PlayStation 4)

Time taken: 2 weeks, 5 days/25 hours of gameplay

Personal game rating: 9/10 - Excellent

Wasn't expecting to get another Platinum so quickly after I wrapped up Rayman Legends, but I'm not complaining.

I had an excellent time with this game. The new open-zone gameplay style was a breath of fresh air for the series, and I had a ton of fun with the exploration, combat and Cyber Space. The story was also pretty cool, and the music was outstanding. Some minor gripes and technical issues aside, this is a game I loved playing from start to finish.

This was also a very easy, straightforward Platinum. No missables, no annoying trophies, no frustrating trophies, just a whole lot of fun. Platinuming this game was a very nice experience. Not sure where I'd rank it amongst the overall series, but it'd probably be in my top 10 Sonic games.

This is almost certainly my last Platinum of 2022, unless something else comes up. What a year! It was my best year yet for trophy hunting.

Edited by blue_blur_98
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Year in Review: 2022

Ah, 2022. Gotta say, that was definitely one of the years of all time. Yep, it sure was a period of 12 months that we all lived through. Mhm. Yeah. Totally.

When it comes to my personal trophy hunting this year, however, it's simply no contest. 2022 was my very best year yet for trophy hunting, with me doubling my Platinum count and then some, earning my first two Ultra Rare Platinums, completing games that I had been working on for a very long time, knocking out some of the longer-standing games on my backlog, achieveing my best month of trophy hunting to date with over 100 trophies earned last August alone, and even finished earning every unique Platinum in three different series, with me getting all of them - start to finish in four games - in a specific series over the course of roughly a month. I started last year with 10 Platinums and ended it with 23 - 13 Platinums in one year, which is a huge accomplishment for me. My previous yearly best was three. Hopefully I can carry that momentum into 2023.

Now, I'm gonna pin some useless titles to the games I got Platinum trophies last year. Because everything needs an awards show these days, doesn't it?

Fastest Platinum

Based off the Platinum time shown on my profile.

BGwLI0z_d.png?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection | Platinum in 2 days, 1 hour

This collection of retro SEGA games was my fastest Platinum, both of the year and of all time. With mostly very simple trophy requirements and the ability to use the games' original cheat codes without voiding any trophies, this was a very quick Platinum trophy to earn, crowning my fastest Platinum ever. Fitting that it's in a game that has to do with Sonic, eh?

Runner-up - A Way Out | 6 days, 9 hours

Longest Platinum

P1YS772_d.png?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Rayman Legends | Platinum in 3 years, 1 month

One of my favorite games of all time, one of my least favorite trophies of all time... This game has a list of mostly great trophies, with decent challenge, lots of content to complete, all with fun gameplay and great level design from start to finish. And then the Awesomeness 11 grind turns it into a gruelingly long daily chore. The online challenges aren't bad on paper, especially since it's the best way to earn Lums, which you need 1,000,000 of for a trophy, but the amount of time and dedication you need to get to that final level is brutal. I will, once again, reiterate: TWO. MONTHS. For one trophy. And it's not even a Gold! And the possibility of the severs shutting down literally any day, therefore making the grind pointless, did not help matters. This was a massive time sink, and I am incredibly glad it's over.

Runner-up - Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time | 2 years, 1 month

Easiest Platinum

Based off how difficult I, personally, found the trophy list to be.

taBoxLz_d.png?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

A Way Out | Platinum difficulty: 1/10

With a list populated entirely by random side activities that are mostly no sweat to earn, Hazelight's acclaimed cooperative prison break simulator and bold anti-Oscars statement earns the title of easiest Platinum of 2022. My sister helped me earn all of the trophies here, and since both players get everything, this was actually her first Platinum trophy ever. And you bet that made me one very proud trophy hunting brother.

Runner-up - Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection | Platinum difficulty: 1/10

Hardest Platinum

P1YS772_d.png?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Rayman Legends | Platinum difficulty: 7/10

Didn't take very long for this to show up again, eh? My experience with this Platinum was made decidedly harder due to playing on the PlayStation 3 version, and it has to do with Awesomeness 11. Because of course it does. The PS3 version obviously has less people playing it, and the people that still are just so happen to be the greatest Rayman Legends players this side of the infinite omniverse. Since rewards are based off of your leaderboard placement... yeah, you can see where this is going. Getting those downright essential Gold Cups on PS3 is quite a bit more difficult, this adds an additional, extra-frustrating layer of difficulty to the entire experience that caused me to add a point to the difficulty in this thread. It would probably have been a 5/10 or 6/10 had I been playing on the much more active PlayStation 4 release. I can't imagine what the PS Vita servers are like...

Runner-up - LittleBigPlanet 3 | Platinum difficulty: 6/10

Most Common Platinum

tDweyXO_d.png?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Sonic Frontiers | Uncommon - 40.90%

Sonic's newest adventure holds the crown of my most common Platinum of 2022. With the game being only a few months old alongside having a very easy list, it's pretty easy to see why this game's Platinum is so common. Frontiers' trophy list is absolutely no sweat, with precisely zero difficult or annoying trophies. I could see this one dropping down to 30% if It ever goes up on Plus, but as it stands now, Sonic Frontiers' 40% completion rate takes the cake for my least rare Platinum of '22.

Runner-up - Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy | Uncommon - 37.78%

Rarest Platinum

MNT4hLA_d.png?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

LittleBigPlanet 3 | Ultra Rare - 1.69%

Sackboy's third and latest mainline excursion was my milestone 20th Platinum - partially due to me just loving the game and series, partially due to being a smidge more difficult than my average Platinum, and partially due to its low, low rarity; sub-2%, which actually puts it lower than some Platinums that are generally considered harder than LBP3. The game being offered for free on PlayStation Plus in 2017 probably had to do with it, but outside of that, I'm not too sure why it's so rare, despite these trophies all being very much doable, if a bit hard at some points. Do people just not play the campaigns in LBP games or something?

Runner-up - Knockout City | Ultra Rare - 3.83%

Most Prevalent Publisher

sony-interactive-entertainment-sie-audio

Sony Interactive Entertainment | 6 games completed

Wow, most of my PlayStation trophies earned last year were from PlayStation-exclusive games? Color me shocked... With one entire series from the publisher completed back-to-back, plus the addition of PS3 classic Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time and the Ultra Rare but not ultra hard LittleBigPlanet 3, first-party software accounted for the majority of my trophy hunting agenda in 2022.

Runner-up - SEGA | 2 games completed

Most Prevalent Developer

Naughty-Dogs-next-game-set-to-be-a-new-I

Naughty Dog | 4 games completed

With one of the developer's entire series under my belt this year, one of Sony's most notable first-party studios were behind a good chunk of the games I trophy hunted in last year. I don't have a lot to say here, since all of that has to do with the next point...

Runner-up - None.

Most Prevalent Series

Jak-Daxter-feat-image.jpg

Jak and Daxter | 4 games completed

And this is why Naughty Dog was my most prevalent publisher this year. I played through the collection on PS3 and Jak X on PS4 back-to-back-to-back-to-back from mid-late Summer 2022. I enjoyed exploring the series and its world for the first time, with each game providing an experience that I have at least a decent outlook on with each installment. You can look back at my specific posts or status updates for each game to get a better idea of my opinion on them, but overall, I enjoyed my time with the Jak series, and I look forward to playing the PSP games sometime down the line.

Runner-up - SpongeBob SquarePants/Nickelodeon | 2 games completed

And now, the big ones...

Least Favorite Platinum

6471990_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=55

Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl

I just want to make it clear that this doesn't reflect what I think of the game itself; just its trophy list. With that being said, man, this game just does not have a good list. Just the most basic stuff you can have for fighting game trophies. Complete Arcade with all fighters, complete online matches, play ranked... very little outside of stuff like that. The only trophy that was kind of interesting was one where you had to beat a team of 3 max-level opponents. It was pretty fun to figure out a way to beat them, making it a surprising highlight of the list. Beating Arcade on the highest difficulty was also kind of fun, albeit a bit frustrating. The challenge was a nice change of pace, though, even if it felt just a tad demoralizing to repeatedly get my ass kicked by Lucy Loud of all characters. Everything else, though, was just making me go through the motions. Complete fight after fight after fight, just the same thing over and over... there really is not much to do here, especially since the game wasn't a hit in local multiplayer with my family, so it didn't even have that going for it. The gameplay is very fun, but the whole package is very barebones. Very little content is on offer here, and the inclusion of voice acting in a post-launch update only helped a little bit. It's just a really undercooked game overall; this thing was blatantly either heavily underfunded or heavily rushed, if not both. I don't think the developers at Ludosity are to blame here, moreso whoever was managing the money or deadlines for the project. They clearly cared about the game, even if it seems like they couldn't make it reach its full potential, and that's a shame. I'm glad I played this on PS Plus, at least. I couldn't imagine how underwhelmed I would have been had I picked this up on launch for $50 after hearing people hype this up as the "Smash killer" for months, just to get something that felt so half-baked. It's fine for what it is, but it absolutely could have been so much more...

Runner-up - Rayman Legends | A terrible, ludicrous grind right at the end of an otherwise solid trophy list.

Favorite Platinum

tDweyXO_d.png?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Sonic Frontiers

My favorite Platinum experience of last year was definitely this game. Sporting a new gameplay style that breathed a breath of fresh air into my favorite game series, fun exploration and combat gameplay that stayed consistently engaging through the entire 20+ hour runtime, a great story penned by IDW Sonic the Hedgehog writer Ian Flynn, and, as usual, an incredible soundtrack, I had a fantastic time with Frontiers. While the game lacks polish in some areas, it makes up for that with its fun open-zone gameplay that innovates the long-running franchise in a meaningful way. And the cherry on top is its easy Platinum trophy, with a lot of trophies that are earned naturally, and any that aren't are earned easily. Frontiers' Platinum is no sweat, and all the trophies were fun to earn in this game. It was a great experience, start to finish, and I can't wait to see what Sonic's future is like.

Runner-up - Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time | Slick, enjoyable action-platformer with a perfectly balanced difficulty curve for its Platinum trophy.

So that's my trophy hunting year in review. This was a fantastic year for my trophy hunting hobby, and I hope 2023 is even better! I hope you enjoyed reading this, and I hope you have a safe and happy new year.

Edited by blue_blur_98
  • Like 1

bBIVbUm.jpg

100% #4 Toybox Turbos (PlayStation 3)

Time taken: 5 years, 9 months/8 hours of gameplay (Estimate)

My first complete trophy list of the year. I was not expectng this game to be as hard as it ended up being. There were several events that I really struggled with, including extremely tight time or score requirements, tracks filled with tight turns and obstacles, and a very odd thing that I can only call "reverse rubberbanding", where it felt like CPU opponents went faster the further ahead they were. This honestly gave me more trouble than Jak X did, and I don't know how to feel about that. Campaign was okay, but nothing special. This one's definitely better in multiplayer. There was also a small grind for 1,000,000 coins, but it was so short of a grind that it's barely even worth mentioning.

If you're raising an eyebrow at that completion time, I popped one trophy during a local multiplayer session back in 2017 and just never went back for the campaign. I probably have the single slowest completion time for this game on the entire site, so that's... something?

Edited by blue_blur_98
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

QEdrgv7_d.png?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

100% #5 Sonic CD (PlayStation 3)

Completion difficulty: 3/10

Time taken: 2 years, 8 months/8 hours of gameplay (Estimate)

Personal game rating: 7.5/10 - Good

Another non-Platinum game to end January. This was easier than expected, but not without its annoyances. Namely, Just in Time was pretty hard, with the 25 minute requirement giving me a fair amount of trouble, and Heavy Metal took some good memorization and patience. Nothing else took that much time or effort, though, and I'd call the overall list more annoying than difficult. It was nice to revisit this game, even if it's not my favorite Sonic game.

Edited by blue_blur_98
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Puppeter04 said:

We can def say that you are a Sonic person! 1f62c.png Congrats on your progress! How is Pure going? 

I've been having a very good time with it, although it has been a lot harder than I was anticipating. Don't know how much of it has to do with me just not being very good at it or if it's just naturally that hard. I'm sure I can manage, though.

• 2 weeks later...

0xQsZMa.jpg

Platinum #24 Pure (PlayStation 3)

Time taken: 1 week, 4 days/30 hours of gameplay (Estimate)

I was actually interested in playing Split/Second first, but I found out that this game was by the same studio and came out before S/S, so I went for Pure first. In an alternate universe, I'd probably be talking about how hard the Split/Second Platinum I just got was... or something like that.

The gameplay in this game is very fun, with a great sense of speed and a fun trick system. The game's presentation was also very well done, with in-game visuals that have aged decently well for a game from 2008, and a soundtrack that, while none of it was actually made for Pure, still fit the in-game action very well and was great to listen to during races, with Need You Need You and Showdown being my personal favorites.

The game does suffer from its fair share of issues, though. The difficulty tends to massively spike very frequently in World Tour mode, with the last Sandy Mountain race giving me massive trouble. In a similar vein, the rubberbanding is absolutely nuts, with one crash often meaning the death of that particular run because of how closely the CPU racers were tailing behind me thanks to the rubberbanding. Additionally, the game is absolutely stuffed with annoying or unfun trophies, such as No messing, which had me constantly worried that I wouldn't unlock it and have to do a second playthrough until it popped, Comeback kid, You reckon? and Two time!, which felt like they were more up to dumb luck than anything else, and Tricked out being a total pain in the ass to keep track of while racing.

I still had a mostly good time here and did enjoy the game overall, but it's a shame that there had to be more frustration than I would have liked there to have been. Still, definitely not a bad use of $7 and a good addition to my PS3 collection.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

WC0JpGH_d.png?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

100% #6 Bentley's Hackpack (PlayStation 3)

Completion difficulty: 4/10

Time taken: 4 weeks, 1 day/15 hours of gameplay (Estimate)

Personal game rating: 5.5/10 - Middling

Sony Rewards blessed me with some free points recently, so I bought this game with the PlayStation Store funds I converted them into. I thought "Hey, it's the only Sly Cooper game I haven't played yet, and it's only $3, why not give it a whirl?" Unfortunately, it wasn't very good in the end. It wasn't particularly bad, either. Just kind of mediocre, really.

I don't want to be too hard on it, because it is just a small PSN side game, but this is just not a particularly memorable or groundbreaking game. It's just the hacking mini games from Thieves in Time stretched out to a 60-level standalone game. It started out pretty enjoyable, but by the end of the 100% run, it felt like a huge grind getting the last of the 311 tokens required to unlock everything, and I had gotten very, very sick of the game by this point and just wanted it to end. It's just a repetitive game to play through, with no specific levels standing out from one another all too much except for a very, very small handful of particularly neat ones.

It doesn't help that I only enjoy two of the three game types here. System Cracker is alright, and my favorite is Alter Ego, but good lord, Spark Runner is just not fun to play at all. I don't automatically dislike any use of the DualShock 3's motion controls, and think they can be neat from time to time, but this mini game just feels bad to play. The controls feel extremely slow and unresponsive, making navigation of these sometimes frustratingly-designed levels so much less fun. Motion controls weren't that bad in Thieves in Time, since they only showed up in short segments here and there, but in Hackpack, these unfun controls account for damn near half of the game's runtime. If these segments controlled better, I'd probably have a better opinion of this game as a whole, but unfortunately, this mini game really held the game back for me, alongside the repetition of it all.

Difficulty wasn't too bad, and there's decent content here for the $2.99 price tag (I got roughly 15 hours or so out of it), but the experience really loses its charm by the end, and it can be a major slog to complete. I can't recommend this game unless you absolutely adored the hacking segments in Thieves in Time. I have no qualms calling this my least favorite Sly Cooper game. The rock concert was pretty sick, though.

Edited by blue_blur_98

• 2 weeks later...

xRC3Fnc.jpg

100% #7 Sonic Adventure (PlayStation 3)

Completion difficulty: 6/10

Time taken: 4 years, 7 months/42 hours of gameplay

Another non-Platinum game, courtesy of the "Your backlog but I decide what you play" thread. I thought this would be relatively quick, but it actually took a lot of time and effort to complete. This is a highly demanding game to 100% complete. Several replays of each and every stage is required, including the Level A missions with their often times very tight time requirements, especially with Sonic's. I had to learn some insane skips in order to make these time limits, such as one in Red Mountain where you jump off a metal bridge partway through in order to skip a big portion of the stage. Some Emblems were hidden in the Adventure Fields, and some required scoring high in sub-games.

After that, I had to replay all of Sonic's stages three times over again, thirty replays in total as Metal Sonic, including the Level A missions again. The most time-consuming Emblems by far were the Chao Race Emblems. They required a huge grind, even with the animal reuse trick, and honestly probably accounts for a decent chunk of the completion time. Honestly, it really just solidified why I don't bother with the Chao Garden whenever I replay SA1. It's just not as fun to raise them in this game, so it felt like even more of a grind.

Then, there was the Mission Mode. Not as hard as I thought it would be (but not without its lowlights, such as Mission 53, good lord), but it was also fairly time consuming as well. Using a guide definitely helped, but in order to activate and complete them you have to just haul ass all around the Adventure Fields and even into a few stages as well, so it can feel a bit tiring to complete since there's 60 of these things, very few of which are close together.

CdCsxy7.jpg

This game took a ton of time and effort to complete. I've played games with Platinum trophies that took significantly less time and effort than this game that doesn't have one at all. With all of that in mind, while I absolutely don't regret doing it and am very happy with this completion, I can only recommend you do this if you really love this game, because you are going to have to play it for a very long time if you choose to get all of its trophies. A big accomplishment, for sure.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

397303-front.jpg

Platinum #25 LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (PlayStation 3)

+ All Season Pass DLC trophies

Time taken: 1 month, 1 week/38 hours of gameplay

My first PS3 game (unless you count Sly 1... or Sly 2... or Sly 3... or Minecraft... this was the game they put on the box of my PS3 bundle so shut up) has finally been completed, after a long, long tenure on my backlog. An eight-year-long tenure. I got my PS3 - and, by extension, this game - in January 2015, when the game was the newest LEGO game and had only been out for two or so months. This game is nine years old now and I just recently completed it. Good lord. Felt the need to bring this out of its status as my household's designated dust collector because... well, it's been there for that damn long and because being known as the guy who couldn't beat LEGO Batman 3 may very well be just about the most demoralizing thing a human being can be called. And what trophy hunter doesn't have a LEGO game or two on their list? They're staples for a reason; they dispense very easy Platinum trophies while also giving you an actual game to play.

This is another easy LEGO Platinum, as expected, but also a relatively long one. I spent close to 40 hours on this game, when I was expecting it to be done and dusted in half the time. You do need to complete each level twice, which can really get tedious (tedious enough for me to end up taking a two-week long break from this game), and in my eyes there's just a few too many pieces of random junk to collect here, with some of them locked behind frustrating objectives like destroying a bunch of really hard to see flags in a short time limit, but my time here was consistently decent. Nothing mind-blowing and absolutely not a must-play, but a pretty decent time all around, with a lot of great fanservice for all of you DC Comics nerds out there (which I am not, but I appreciated it all the same).

I had some issues with it, such as the uninteresting at best and pain in the ass at worst Lantern planet hubs and some annoying side quests, but this was a relatively fun game to play, and an easy and decently enjoyable Platinum despite some frustrations. I also did all of the DLC trophies, which was also a pretty okay experience. I thought the CW Arrow level was pretty dull and uninteresting, and the Suicide Squad level (which is called "The Squad" in-game because I guess saying "suicide" in an E10+ rated game is just completely unacceptable) was oddly buggy and frustrating - not helped by the fact that I had to play the level four times in a row, including one playthrough lost to a softlock. I enjoyed the rest of them, with the Dark Knight level being my favorite. Not a terrible use of $15, and you get 30 free trophies for it. If you're looking for a solid C-grade game to Platinum and you love Batman, Superman, Green Lantern and the like, this is one you should probably play.

Edited by blue_blur_98
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

omega-strikers-button-01-1663704776734-4

100% #8 - Omega Strikers (PlayStation 4)

Time taken: 2 days, 33 minutes/2 hours of gameplay (Estimate)

Knockout City's closure has left a big, gaping void; both in my PlayStation 4 library, and in my heart. So I've started trying out some other multiplayer games to fill that void, starting with this, and while it really didn't hit the same spot, it is a very enjoyable multiplayer title all the same that I intend to keep a part of my usual gaming routine.

The best way I can put it is that it's air hockey, but you play as anime characters with superpowers. It took me a bit to really get into the game at first, since I thought it felt a little slow, but eventually it clicked and I started to really like it. This probably won't be everyone's cup of tea, but if this concept sounds interesting to you, definitely go try the game out, because maybe you'll like it too.

As for the trophies... yeah, there's basically nothing here. Just four Gold trophies with rather uninteresting unlock methods; play a game where everyone's playing as a unique character (which is luck-based), complete a match in overtime (also mostly luck-based), complete a match where you're the MVP (luck-based to an extent), and use five emoticons in one game (just really easy). The MVP trophy gave me a bit of trouble, but that's about it. It's not even the fact that it doesn't have a Platinum (most free-to-play games don't), but that the trophy list is so small, and lacks any really cool or fun trophies. It's a bit of a bummer. Still though, this is a unique multiplayer game that I'm glad I started playing, and I tend to stick with it for the forseeable future. The gameplay is fun, the characters are really cool, and it seems to be recieving new content on a pretty frequent basis, so there's still plenty of reason for me to stick around, even after I finished up this teeny-tiny trophy list. It also got me up to trophy level 280 with the trophy Clutch, so that's pretty cool, at least.

And before you ask, I main Dubu.

Edited by blue_blur_98
  • Like 2